PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardoc64 View Post
SPB backup can do it, and the OEM does work in this kitchen. The only problem is in the system settings where you can have conflicts with the new OS. I have used it to restore everything in the 3.5 kitchen, but run into problems with stuff I didn't reinstall becoming "phantom" shortcuts. Easily solved by deleting, but registry errors really spooged everything and I had to reflash and do a partial restore leaving out the system files. This new kitchen is so good I don't mind re-entering a few things. Tiermann's OEMizer helps a lot in the process by allowing you to add in personal settings, etc. Look in the Tools folder, it's in there.
Awesome. Thanks, I'll try it (though not the kitchen version as I'm running out of space fast and don't mind installing it afterward).

Gervy

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris
Old 11-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
Hmmmm... I seem to be running out of ROM memory fast with minimal extras installed.
That's not a helpful bug report I'm afraid. Please provide details about what "minimal extras" you installed. It's best if you post the contents of your selections.txt (assuming you saved it in buildos).

Last edited by luv2chill; 11-06-2007 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Gervy is a n00b
Are there any cases of anyone damaging their phone by over-clocking? The warning on the performance applet scared me away a bit, as I really can't afford to buy a new phone if bricked out of warranty.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
Are there any cases of anyone damaging their phone by over-clocking? The warning on the performance applet scared me away a bit, as I really can't afford to buy a new phone if bricked out of warranty.
Overclocking any device is always a risk as you are forcing it to run faster than it was intended to, but then again, you wouldn't use custom roms unless you were willing to take risks

As a general rule of thumb, you're ok overclocking, but use more battery. I have been running my apache at 520 for quite some time now with no adverse reactions.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Just wanted to tip my hat to those involved in this kitchen. I had a chance to look it over last night and it came out really well. Great job.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
Overclocking any device is always a risk as you are forcing it to run faster than it was intended to, but then again, you wouldn't use custom roms unless you were willing to take risks

As a general rule of thumb, you're ok overclocking, but use more battery. I have been running my apache at 520 for quite some time now with no adverse reactions.
Ok for the newbie...namely me...how do you go about overclocking?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 11-06-2007, 12:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
No, even though dotfred's app is called Task Manager it does not really do the same things as HTC Task Manager and the other task-closing/x-button apps. It does a lot more than just registry (though I use it primarily as a reg editor) and is just an overall "must have" app IMHO.

Yes I had a look through the verizon 3.3 cabs and added anything that was relevant (almost nothing) to the verizon extrom OEM in the kitchen. I didn't increment the version number because, well I forgot . I'll do that for the next release but for now rest assured that the verizon OEM is up to date.

I held off on including Arcsoft 4 until we get a well-tested fully working OEM. Even then it will only be offered for Verizon users (does not work for Sprint or Alltel). If anyone wants to proceed with that, go right head.

Please post what version of the bootloader you're running. Also try eliminating anything in between your PC and Apache (hubs, extension cables, etc) and try a different USB port on your PC.
I have an OEM for 4.2.8.1 that defaults to Verizon if you would be happy to look at it. Let me know where I should put it. Is there a way to just add it to the kitchen so I could do the testing? Sorry this whole kitchen is sooo overwhelming...wow!

Thanks,
Steve
Old 11-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Gervy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post

What about 624? (Though 520 with this new Kitchen seems to be quite fast).
Anyone out there ever fry their phone yet?
Old 11-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Gervy is a n00b
This new kitchen is awesome. KUDOS to all involved, you guys rock!

One question though: is there a way to configure the slide-to-lock screen?
I can't seem to find a way to do so.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
I have an OEM for 4.2.8.1 that defaults to Verizon if you would be happy to look at it. Let me know where I should put it. Is there a way to just add it to the kitchen so I could do the testing? Sorry this whole kitchen is sooo overwhelming...wow!

Thanks,
Steve
Yes you can test it yourself if you place it in the USER_OEM folder (at the root of the BuildOS folder) prior to running BuildOS. So long as it has a unique UUID then when you run it you should see it in the right hand pane--not sure what group whoever made it set it to be in though--if you don't see it in the MMS group look if there's a group just called OEM.

Make sure not to select the other MMS package. And you might get warnings about duplicate files one you begin building. Just hit OK to each of those and note down what file names are duplicated.

I will wait to look at it until we get a handful of users who report success with it. So if it's one you made yourself you may want to upload it to the FTP and provide a link here for other users to test it (after you've tested it yourself to make sure it works first).

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development