PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: reliance

sunny1974 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
can anyone tell me whats the advantage or extra features of .NET 3.5RC2 framework over the 2.0 which we v been using till now? hope it doesnt mean we ll need to install a 3.5 on the comp too once we put it on the rom and on ph to make it compatible? is it still beta? or prerelease? is it sensible to take it in the rom?
thanks
Old 11-07-2007, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cjbreisch is just getting started
You need .NET 3.5 Framework if you want to run any apps built against it. Unless you see an app that says it specifically requires .NET 3.5 CF or you're a developer planning on writing your own, I would stick with 2.0.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Quote:
Originally Posted by familydog View Post
Woooo Hooo ! You Are Very Lucky Guy.... I Have Fixed 1 Of Your 2 Problems..
Lets Address That First...

No Where In Your Instructions During The Setup And Install Of Your Kitchen Does It Say The Following Very Important Message ....

"if You Dont Have Dotnet 2.o Installed On Your Xp ...this Kitchen Will Not Work.."

Once You Install It... The "cant Initalize The Application Errors Go Away And The Kitchen Starts........

A Good Reccomendation To You... Put That In Your Setup Up Gui !!!!!!!!!!
It Will Keep People From Wanting To Give Your Gps Coordinates To Bin Laden.....

Ran Kitchen Agian..same Error..cant Connect To Device...killed Activesync

Second Problem... Some Weird But Substantial And Important Information... On The "cant Connect To Device Error Problem.." And It Was As I Suspected...

I Was Determined To Try And Stop It From Killing Active Sync... And I Succeded... When I Clicked The Button To Start The Rom Upgrade To The 6700 ... I Immediatly Started Clicking The "sync" Button In Active Sync Making It Run...and Continously Clicking It Kept Your Program From Killing It... And Your Rom Upgrade Completed To The Phone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Have Been A Hands On Professional College Degreed And U.s. Military Career Electronics And Pc Technician For 25 Years.... Im Not Some Punk With A Couple Of Frankensystems Under His Belt... I Know What Im Doing And What Im Talking About As A Troubleshooting Tech.... Your App Is Hozing Active Sync For Whatever Reason I Dont Know... But Ive Just Proven It....

Its Undeniable... So...ive Done The Hard Work...and Proven You Have A Problem And That It Is Your App Doing It... To A Hell Of Alot Of People...
Go Fix The Thing....

And Im Going To Go Try The New Kitchen On The 6700..... Oh.. That File Explorer That You Say Replaces The Original But Uses The Same Icon...that Thing Sucks.... It Has No Return To Next Folder Up If You On The Storage Card For A Few Times... Your Stuck And Screwed..cant Even Close It.... There Is No Going Back From The \xxxxxxxxx
It Sucks. Going Back To Total Commander...
Ok, first of all, and don't flame me..just asking, have you put the phone into bootloader mode? Because ActiveSync only has to be installed, it does not have to even be running if you are in bootloader mode.

I never ever hardly use the activesync app itself. It doesn't even load at startup for me. As long as it's installed, all you need are the drivers that it installs. If you are not putting the phone in bootloader mode, then that is why activesync is running, put the phone in bootloader mode, then plug it in to the computer. Actually, close activesync all together, then bootloader, then plug it in. Then hit the next button on the RUU at the end of the build.

Let me know... If you are doing it in bootloader mode, then there is no reason activesync is even open.

Verizon's (CDMA) PPC-6875 (Rhodium_W/Touch Pro2) with WM6.5

Chat Rooms:
EliteTeam: Java or IRC Client
HTCGeeks: Java or IRC Client
PPCGeeks: Java or IRC Client

Click here to donate to the CDMA Raphael Project Team
Old 11-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Lurker

itsamemario is a n00b
Love the project and what you are doing. I had one quick question for you though, and its probably just that I'm a n00b but every other rom has a button I can click on that will take me directly to my e-mail when I click on it. All I could find in here was the messages icon but unless I have unread e-mail it prompts me if I want to look at either my text messages or my e-mail. I never use text messages on the phone so is there any way that I can have it auto-forward to just my e-mail or that I can create my own shortcut for that? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsamemario View Post
Love the project and what you are doing. I had one quick question for you though, and its probably just that I'm a n00b but every other rom has a button I can click on that will take me directly to my e-mail when I click on it. All I could find in here was the messages icon but unless I have unread e-mail it prompts me if I want to look at either my text messages or my e-mail. I never use text messages on the phone so is there any way that I can have it auto-forward to just my e-mail or that I can create my own shortcut for that? Thanks in advance for any help.
Yes, that is a new feature with this version of windows.

There is a way to go straight to your email.

Either modify the existing shortcut in programs, or make a new one to point to:

\windows\tmail.exe -service "ActiveSync"

Something like that, may have to try:

"\windows\tmail.exe" -service "ActiveSync"
Old 11-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Lurker

HamDzui is a n00b
I couldn't find HTC's plugin on Today Screen.... Where can I get it?
Old 11-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Lurker

maxm is a n00b
configuring hardware buttons for PIE?

Just tried the new kitchen. I have 2 questions regarding how to configure PIE such that the volume slider can be used to scroll a web page, and pressing the E button (the button for lauching PIE) highlights the address bar. This is the default behaviour in older kitchens and the VerizonGuy's WM6 kitchen.

Thanks in advance,

maxm
Old 11-07-2007, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jspenc3 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennysh View Post
Yes, that is a new feature with this version of windows.

There is a way to go straight to your email.

Either modify the existing shortcut in programs, or make a new one to point to:

\windows\tmail.exe -service "ActiveSync"

Something like that, may have to try:

"\windows\tmail.exe" -service "ActiveSync"
You can also try going to the messaging app's "select an account" screen. Then hit "menu", then "options", and then uncheck the "display account picker when opening messaging".
Old 11-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800 (Mogul)

scotbotmosh is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to scotbotmosh
Ok adding the 63.215.195.152 in my mms settings worked, but the stock settings did not work. All is good!
Old 11-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

markppc6700 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to markppc6700
ok i think your work is done here please visit the 6800 forum hehehe

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development