PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 07:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

So if Telus can still charge me for the data I use through ICS, then that makes it no longer warez in a Telus only situation, correct?

ROM: DarkRoot
Old 02-23-2009, 07:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

if all this is so perfectly fine, legal, not warez, why arent you guys openly giving out your keycodes for wmwifirouter, or pdanet? because its warez if you do.. so why isnt warez when we exploit those softwarez to violate our TOS, and break the law
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"
Old 02-23-2009, 08:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

Is it only Telus that comes with WModem?
Old 02-23-2009, 08:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid_Gypsy View Post
So if Telus can still charge me for the data I use through ICS, then that makes it no longer warez in a Telus only situation, correct?
if you get a MIKE plan, which by the TELUS message sent to you, i think you said 8 bucks a month??? then correct, you will now have access to the phone as modem services TELUS offers without having to reg edit ICS to be able to use it... thus you are paying for the softwares usuage and it is not warez when its being paid for
Old 02-23-2009, 08:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid_Gypsy View Post
Is it only Telus that comes with WModem?
couldnt tell ya, i never even knew the term "MIKE" before the Telus stuff came up..
Old 02-23-2009, 08:24 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

just throwin my two cents in not trying to be judgemental but i have read the entire thread and it seriously just seems like you have a vendetta because you were banned for what ever reason. i see you have a valid point but if sprint hasnt come after PPCGeeks, if the mods havent removed it or even classified it as warez then why even bother. your just going to try to stop others from enjoying somthing YOU TOO have benefited from. again i am not choosing sides and am not here to pick a fight just stating my honest opinion on the topic after reading 18 pages.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4G W/ Fresh 3.4.0.1
Carrier: Sprint (The Now Network :) )

htcdiamond36 is a n00b

Thank You!! +1
Old 02-23-2009, 08:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
I really dislike this thread.

What it comes down to is site liability, none of this discussion matters.

If cracked software is being distibuted here, cracks etc... ppcgeeks can and would be in danger of being shut down. That is why that discussion is not tolerated.

Discuss teathering all you want (or don't want in your case) ppcgeeks.com is in no danger. Discuss away.

What bugs me most is you make this big stupid thread talking about something you do, many others do, and many others want to do - and discuss it at nauseum - because it bothers you to see noobs want to do what you already do.

If you don't want to help then don't read those posts, whatever.

I don't want to read threads like this' so I choose to not open this thread again.

For a topic you don't want to see you sure make a lot of others discuss.

G.ood F.or Y.ou
Now this post was way off topic and nothing but an attack post. This may also be off topic as well but it does have some relevance about the equality around here. A while back I received an infraction for simply calling somebody's idea stupid. A mod told me that by calling an idea stupid, I was calling a poster stupid and that counted as insulting another member. Now, isnt this guy saying that the OP's thread is stupid and the same rules apply. Shouldnt he receive an infraction as well since he says the idea and point of this thread is stupid? If all rules are applied evenly he just called the OP stupid, right? Especially since the "G.ood F.or Y.ou" with capitalized letters and periods is nothing but text slang for "Go F Yourself". Isnt that flaming? I thought that was part of the zero tolerance rules and ole buddy should be banned as well. Chances are he wont receive an infraction nor be banned bcuz its more about personal judgements than complete zero tolerance enforcement. The same goes for ics HACKING. Personally most people, including mods, use it so thats why a blind eye is put on banning this way of STEALING a PAID service. Several people have posted the actual TOS with specifics pointed out and Still people argur the point. Now, it may be carrier specific such as with sprint but how would u enforce that. If u have a weak arguement dont attack the OP personally. Please just dont even post and keep it moving please.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

its not like this specific argument has been made, not with tethering involved it hasnt... im raising questions, asking, shouldnt this be considered in there as well.. if not, why not.. im sure i used the word banned but, what happened above happened to me as well.. i got a 3 point infraction, and loss of all priviages for like a week, maybe 10 days, for bein rude and irrelevant in my reponses in a thread....which now thats its been pointed out, alot of you are doing here as well... it was called member abuse and posting irrelvant comments in a thread to pick a fight really.. so now that thats out of the way...

anyone have anything new to contribute, that doesnt involve violating TOS, a reg edit to gain access, or buying a lisence to a program that gains backdoor/masked access for you instead????

sorry if that sounds snotty, just looking for something that somehow makes it ok for us to not pay for a softwares service that we atleast know TELUS and SPRINT are against as far as if your not using a MIKE or PAM plan for service

****and if the person i offended sincerly went to a mod because he or she was genuinly offended and not just trying to prove a point, then i got what i derserved, and said MOD, had every right to suspend my access

Last edited by crazychef; 02-23-2009 at 09:02 AM. Reason: cuz its the right thing to say
Old 02-23-2009, 09:05 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
Lets say if Sprint made a "software" called "PAM-Connect" ($25 to buy with a monthly fee of $55) this software was the only way you could get PAM and any other way would have to be a modification of this software
& Joe-hackurphone post up a file of a racked version of "PAM-Connect" for all to use or even just himself or forthe hell of it.
He did not develop this software, pay for everyone to use it, nor did he have the authority to enable this feature without the 1st 2 prerequisits.

^This would be Warez. Even if he renamed it and chaged the code alittle it'd be Warez.

I really hope I helped somewhat in clearing this up.
Its a "grey cloud" answer Sprint can charge but cannot force you to use this as long as its legally featured to be apart of the WM6 OS and 3rd development is legally approved to make use of it.
------------------------------------------------------------------

are u serious, sprint does offer this and the only other way to obtain its service without paying for it, is through "JOehackurphones" posted methods
he's 100 percent right here, and wrong on the rest.. SPRINT is our carrier, MS cannot authorize any modifications to Sprints service... sure MS makes ICS, but this if there is no option... but guess what these options mentioned DO EXIST... sure MS says we can mod there stuff, TO A POINT, ask Juicy... b ut sprint says, you cant download any 3rd party anything into your phone also... Sprint is the carrier, MS just designed the OS, Sprint has the final word on how THEIR DATA, NOT MS', get used... is is about abusing SPRINTS data plans through "cracking" MS' software...
1. OMG Did you not READ my post, -No-they-do-not. *Show me this software made by Sprint*. & who is the Joe here? (all the players I see, have copyrights & can legally offer the software) Its that simple.
On a dumbphone, yes. Windows Mobile THEY DO NOT NOT have sole control of networking services, the network: yes other than that: NO.
The do not leagally control all aspects Microsoft IS. If anything Sprint is modifiying, not Microsoft nor the developers.

2. Where does it say you cannot download software, claimed by Sprint, show me this because its bull or WOM.
I can assume cracks or hacks but no way on legally distributed software.

3. If WMWifi was illegal it would've been pulled, its is copyrighted Software. End of story on that.

4. Hello, Juicy made a modification of software without legal authority, WMWifi creators did no such thing. Its not a crack.
IS once again, is not a crack.

5. IS is not a crack by Microsoft against carriers, is it an inconvienience, yes.
Its not enforced because they can lose.
You must already be paying for data to use this, *Sprint charges you for HOW you use it HOW, you can't steal if you're paying for the data currently running on the phone & you haven't cracked paid software made by the phone company through underhanded/illegal methods.
IS allows for any data connection to share, that simple. Oh you're not paying for that? Oh well tought luck: NOT Stealing. Thank you Microsoft, thank you Microsoft approved (legally righted) 3rd parties.

6. Mr. Icantundurstan: "But you're using your Windows Mobile 6 phone to connect to your = ______."

".........."

Unless you're phone can only use a sprint provided method for the connection, Sprint can't block all aspects of you using your connections provided by the phone. Simple for you, not for them.

7. Why is this so hard to explain to you? Sprint has better authorization over dumbphone here & when you do this with a dumbphone, it gets ENFORCED.
Why you ask, because you "must HACK" (not possibly; m-u-s-t) and brake carrier specific locks that uses thier sole & righted method to do so.
They cannot demand this over a WM6 device. They can prevent but they cannot STOP it. (See my previous post)

Windows Mobile is a monkey wrentch of interference but it entitles you to use what ever features is has, legally, you can re enable features LEGALLY!
Its not a damed loop hole of evil, its standard issue as well as 3rd party optioned.

Otherwise there couldn't be copyrighted software to do so.

Its that simple for you, not the carrier.

Reading about the Palm Pre, this will also run across the same roadblock.
Sprint went as far as axing it off of the feature list of the Pre, (again a pre-existing means on the phone by Palm) they (Sprint) can prevent but they cannot force this lock unless they ask Palm to completely remove and if Palm disallows developers to alter the ability in any way shape or form but its impossible, they're using a Linux base.

OH Noes!^

BTW please re-read my earlier post, I'm starting to think you're trying to be dense.

-Are you stealing: No you are using the phone in an unintended method in the carrier's eyes. You must be paying for the data service in order to use it. Sprint is charging for the HOW on a PAM plan.
You can also use your phones Wifi to act as a Wifi router for a WiFi-less pc.

-Is it wrong to use Microsoft standards to use my phone this way?: No, by defualt standards, the phone is a multi-networking device.
-Is WMWifi wrong & its customers: No, you have the legal right to use it as they do to distribute
-Should I pay for PAM?: Its up to you, Sprint offers a HOW to use you phone program, as does Microsoft, as does (legal) 3rd parties.

The varying factors, end in your favor: That simple.

___
*=Take note

Last edited by Genjinaro; 02-23-2009 at 09:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions