View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Genjinaro
VIP Droid

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
Lets say if Sprint made a "software" called "PAM-Connect" ($25 to buy with a monthly fee of $55) this software was the only way you could get PAM and any other way would have to be a modification of this software
& Joe-hackurphone post up a file of a racked version of "PAM-Connect" for all to use or even just himself or forthe hell of it.
He did not develop this software, pay for everyone to use it, nor did he have the authority to enable this feature without the 1st 2 prerequisits.

^This would be Warez. Even if he renamed it and chaged the code alittle it'd be Warez.

I really hope I helped somewhat in clearing this up.
Its a "grey cloud" answer Sprint can charge but cannot force you to use this as long as its legally featured to be apart of the WM6 OS and 3rd development is legally approved to make use of it.
------------------------------------------------------------------

are u serious, sprint does offer this and the only other way to obtain its service without paying for it, is through "JOehackurphones" posted methods
he's 100 percent right here, and wrong on the rest.. SPRINT is our carrier, MS cannot authorize any modifications to Sprints service... sure MS makes ICS, but this if there is no option... but guess what these options mentioned DO EXIST... sure MS says we can mod there stuff, TO A POINT, ask Juicy... b ut sprint says, you cant download any 3rd party anything into your phone also... Sprint is the carrier, MS just designed the OS, Sprint has the final word on how THEIR DATA, NOT MS', get used... is is about abusing SPRINTS data plans through "cracking" MS' software...
1. OMG Did you not READ my post, -No-they-do-not. *Show me this software made by Sprint*. & who is the Joe here? (all the players I see, have copyrights & can legally offer the software) Its that simple.
On a dumbphone, yes. Windows Mobile THEY DO NOT NOT have sole control of networking services, the network: yes other than that: NO.
The do not leagally control all aspects Microsoft IS. If anything Sprint is modifiying, not Microsoft nor the developers.

2. Where does it say you cannot download software, claimed by Sprint, show me this because its bull or WOM.
I can assume cracks or hacks but no way on legally distributed software.

3. If WMWifi was illegal it would've been pulled, its is copyrighted Software. End of story on that.

4. Hello, Juicy made a modification of software without legal authority, WMWifi creators did no such thing. Its not a crack.
IS once again, is not a crack.

5. IS is not a crack by Microsoft against carriers, is it an inconvienience, yes.
Its not enforced because they can lose.
You must already be paying for data to use this, *Sprint charges you for HOW you use it HOW, you can't steal if you're paying for the data currently running on the phone & you haven't cracked paid software made by the phone company through underhanded/illegal methods.
IS allows for any data connection to share, that simple. Oh you're not paying for that? Oh well tought luck: NOT Stealing. Thank you Microsoft, thank you Microsoft approved (legally righted) 3rd parties.

6. Mr. Icantundurstan: "But you're using your Windows Mobile 6 phone to connect to your = ______."

".........."

Unless you're phone can only use a sprint provided method for the connection, Sprint can't block all aspects of you using your connections provided by the phone. Simple for you, not for them.

7. Why is this so hard to explain to you? Sprint has better authorization over dumbphone here & when you do this with a dumbphone, it gets ENFORCED.
Why you ask, because you "must HACK" (not possibly; m-u-s-t) and brake carrier specific locks that uses thier sole & righted method to do so.
They cannot demand this over a WM6 device. They can prevent but they cannot STOP it. (See my previous post)

Windows Mobile is a monkey wrentch of interference but it entitles you to use what ever features is has, legally, you can re enable features LEGALLY!
Its not a damed loop hole of evil, its standard issue as well as 3rd party optioned.

Otherwise there couldn't be copyrighted software to do so.

Its that simple for you, not the carrier.

Reading about the Palm Pre, this will also run across the same roadblock.
Sprint went as far as axing it off of the feature list of the Pre, (again a pre-existing means on the phone by Palm) they (Sprint) can prevent but they cannot force this lock unless they ask Palm to completely remove and if Palm disallows developers to alter the ability in any way shape or form but its impossible, they're using a Linux base.

OH Noes!^

BTW please re-read my earlier post, I'm starting to think you're trying to be dense.

-Are you stealing: No you are using the phone in an unintended method in the carrier's eyes. You must be paying for the data service in order to use it. Sprint is charging for the HOW on a PAM plan.
You can also use your phones Wifi to act as a Wifi router for a WiFi-less pc.

-Is it wrong to use Microsoft standards to use my phone this way?: No, by defualt standards, the phone is a multi-networking device.
-Is WMWifi wrong & its customers: No, you have the legal right to use it as they do to distribute
-Should I pay for PAM?: Its up to you, Sprint offers a HOW to use you phone program, as does Microsoft, as does (legal) 3rd parties.

The varying factors, end in your favor: That simple.

___
*=Take note

Last edited by Genjinaro; 02-23-2009 at 09:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.