PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 01:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Apr 23| 21916|29019 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote from Teradog:

OK, so I haven't been around much, .. but, what are you guys doing quoting a 13 month old 28008 sys ROM? A tad rusty but I believe that fix y'all are talk'n bout was a very very old fix to an old voice command for an old sys (Feb 2010)??? Actually 2009!

What about the one I have in the wiki under Voice?! In fact, I updated the link as I was one behind...
Microsoft_Voice_Command_v1.6.23563_color, from here

--------------------

I was trying to install MSVC build 1.6.23568 on the build from the 23rd and it would not start nor would it install.

I was told that MSVC build 1.6.28008 worked and I asked for a cab to install it. All I found was a process where I had to install an earlier version and then patch it with 1.6.28008. That seemed to work but took about 7meg of space to accomplish according to the info when they both installed.

I was hoping that there was a single cab for MSVC that would work on the ROM from APR 23rd.

Thanks

Last edited by Wizzard; 04-27-2011 at 01:03 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

@teradog

Glad to see you out of retirement. I was wondering if you were going to stay at 999 forever? Hope all is well.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Apr 26| 21916|29020 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Tera, thought maybe you went dark on us, lol. Glad to see you back and I can solve your post/ retirement issue, just donate all posts over 1000 to me. No thank needed, just being helpful .

As to DRM I posted a couple of pages back on my final solution to that, although I can't take credit for discovering the fact that MP3's play fine on overdrive, its just WMA that baulk.

The MSVC issue is probably fixed in the new rom, but I used MSVC 1.6.21040 posted in the paper clip and it worked fine.

I have to say it is great to be flashing again! (That just sounds wrong don't it )
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep
29020 cht2.0 gtx

WOW!!!
NRGZ, you are really great!!!
In these few Easter days you released 3 bunch of roms: 29018 with video codecs fixed, 29019 and now 29020!!!

I have downloaded and flashed 29020 CHT2.0 GTX.

I think that uTask is really great!!!
I would promove it in Ameba's place.
It gives a new "quicklink button" and simmetry to the softbar.
And it seems to work really well.

I wanted to report a couple of things "not perfect" on 29020 GTX...maybe they are caused by a bad download...and while i am writing i wanted to download it again but the file is no more available...so it means that you are already uploading a "fixed" version...this is really a GREAT support!!!

EDIT
CHT1.8.5 roms were uploaded in the last hour.

Last edited by Monfro; 04-27-2011 at 06:00 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

speedyd718 is keeping up the good workspeedyd718 is keeping up the good work

holy smokes 29020?!?! i was trying to hold out by waiting to go head and flash 29019. guess i'll be flash dancing again.
OC'd to 768hz w/ WinMoSpeed 1.06
Old 04-27-2011, 10:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
NRG's got me com'n out of retirement! :>)) C'mon already! 29020?!

lol... I see another retiree (announced) came out of retirment also! Hey Ninja Duck! ..been busy sorry, will email tonight (sir :>))
Glad to see you back teradog! Good to see your input on the various items posted recently.

The conference call mode via flash on Sprint seems to still an issue for now. Gonna see if we can work with NRGZ to resolve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Anyone else having issues with the start menu replacements in the 26th ROMs? I can only get the standard and list versions to work. It may be something in my UC, but I figured I would ask before debugging.
Good to see you back as well ND!

Start Menu replacements are mostly busted because NRGZ's .mscr scripts used to setup and install them still reference Ameba for some of the key and registry settings.

I played around with the one for Compact mode (quickmenu) and had to remove the Ameba settings and replace with mappings directly in to uTask. If NRGZ is reading this... remember to update scripts with Ameba settings to uTask you silly goose you ...

I'll hold off on posting any updates to the stc.mscr script as I'm sure NRGZ may have a cleaner way to update his scripts.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
Old 04-27-2011, 10:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Flashed 29020 TOG. Great ROM, uTask is a fabulous addition, thanks. Had to add in MSVC, 1.6.21040 on the paperclip worked fine. No other issues so far.

In all my excitement about coming out of the stone ages on my ROM flashing I did not mention how nice the new BTstack is. I have 4 different BT for my phone and 2 BT stereo adapters , and they all work flawless now. The hangup issue was not a big problem for me since I kept my phone on a holder on the dash and could see what it was doing all the time.

It is nice to know that when you are cursing your boss after he changes your dispatch, you have actually hung up first, lol.

Thanks for all the work
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:45 AM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by butler360 View Post
A soft reset does fix it for a while, but your other solution doesn't apply since when it's like that ALL programs will run in the background but not show up in the foreground.
Are you using CHT for thr Lockscreen?

If so this is how I can replicate your issue - Open just about any program that supports Landscape,(Opera is a Good one to replicate the issue) slide out keyboard then let screen sleep. When you close the keyboard and turn-on the screen (wake) you will unlock and then if you try to launch a program it changes the upper right title name but remains on the Sense Tabs. Viewing Tasks via Compact Start Menu you can see that the programs are running. Pressing Task Manager or Arkswitch yield the same result of program launched but not visible.

My workaround for this is to Restart Sense via Quick Link Icon Shortcut then select Arkswitch and slide keyboard out so I may resume original Landscape Program (Opera) and close it and any other programs I launched since screen 'Locked' on the Sense Tabs.
Then when Sense is done launching things are usually back to normal.

I'm not sure what exactly happens in your situation but I can get Sense 'Locked' as the only foreground program by letting the phone sleep while the keyboard is out and then waking the phone. If you can replicate your issue constantly and have a sequence in which it occurs than it would be easier to address. I think you are experiencing a CHT 2.0 bug and just need to restart Sense when you cannot switch any running programs to be in the foreground.

My earlier fix was for programs that actually fail to launch as in they are auto closing and not remaining open even when viewing Active programs via Compact Start Menu. WAZE, XDAFacebook, and GVV have some bugs to where they will auto close when I try to launch them and a Restart or re-install is needed to cure no launch symptom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
Glad to see you back teradog! Good to see your input on the various items posted recently.

The conference call mode via flash on Sprint seems to still an issue for now. Gonna see if we can work with NRGZ to resolve.
Monfro’s LEO Dialer v3 added the Conference Call Mode without breaking the Bluetooth Fix for me, were you able to give it a try. (Kill Cprog.exe install .cab and reset phone.) Only thing keeping it out of theme for NRG is the call button is Green instead of NRG Blue – Esy fix which would be the icing on the cake.

Thank You, very much for pointing out the script issue for changing Start Menu Layout - here I am hearing that Duck Hunt Dog’s giggle emanating from my speakerphone ….Struggle

Last edited by mariano3113; 04-27-2011 at 11:27 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:37 AM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post

Good to see you back as well ND!

Start Menu replacements are mostly busted because NRGZ's .mscr scripts used to setup and install them still reference Ameba for some of the key and registry settings.

I played around with the one for Compact mode (quickmenu) and had to remove the Ameba settings and replace with mappings directly in to uTask. If NRGZ is reading this... remember to update scripts with Ameba settings to uTask you silly goose you ...

I'll hold off on posting any updates to the stc.mscr script as I'm sure NRGZ may have a cleaner way to update his scripts.
Hmm didn't even think about that when I made the ROM. Guess I'll have to look into that now! lol :P Thanks!

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep
29020 CHT2.0 GTX version2

I have downloaded and flashed the new version of 26april 29020 CHT2.0 GTX, that was uploaded in the last hours (the original was removed) and i can confirm that the original one had some sort of data corruption.
The new one is fast, smooth, and without bugs (so...if someone downloaded the old version, is better to flash the one that is uploaded now).

A thing that i noticed (flashing both versions) is that Sense now starts without waiting XDA_UC to finish.
When the prompt of XDA_UC appears, windows lanunches Sense.
So it is better to wait until Sense is loaded before launching XDA_UC (for example the phone will try to connect to download weather, and is better to have the processor not doing too many things at the same time).
Maybe also this "issue" is due to the original code calling for Ameba, and can be easily solved.

Other than that 29020 seems faster than 29017/29018 and uTask is really a great addiction.
Thank you NRGZ for such wonderful rom!
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development