PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (CDMA)
Carrier: Telus

Larkstarr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkstarr View Post
with the 29007 Jan 06 Sencity cookie 2 build, I get no text message counter (white number on blue circular background) on either the cookie notification icon or the sense slider after an incoming text message. Has anyone else encountered this issue?
just a bump.. I have trouble believing this is an isolated issue, unless I've severely messed up some settings. When a text comes in, I do see the counter increase to 1 briefly, then it will become blank (0) again. further, in the windows sms inbox, the incoming texts are not unread. And the default text ringtone doesn't get a chance to complete, as if it's being read or checked while ringing.. A rather annoying issue.

could it be a cookie 2 problem?

any suggestions / ideas?

Last edited by Larkstarr; 01-11-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:16 PM
sly
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

sly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIP
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkstarr View Post
just a bump.. I have trouble believing this is an isolated issue, unless I've severely messed up some settings. When a text comes in, I do see the counter increase to 1 briefly, then it will become blank (0) again. further, in the windows sms inbox, the incoming texts are not unread. And the default text ringtone doesn't get a chance to complete, as if it's being read or checked while ringing.. A rather annoying issue.

could it be a cookie 2 problem?

any suggestions / ideas?
Have you checked this?

CHTEditor > Widget Settings > Messages > Mark Messages as read

Turn that off if it's on.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

alexander7 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Do you mean unlocking like just turning itself on or unlocking itself from the lockscreen?

If it is turning on, then it is not a rom related problem as all touchpro's and touchpro2's - and many other wm phones - turn themselves on when they go in and out of roaming and lose and then reacquire a signal. In that case, turning on the actual lock screen through settings or advanced cookie settings will keep it from changing screens and pocket dialing. I set mint to power off after 30 secs of non use while on battery and that helps.

David
by unlocking i mean unlocking the lock screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
To add, are you using a cell phone holster with a magnetic latch? If so when you slide your phone by the latch it can think you are opening the keyboard and unlock your phone.
I dont think anyone has figured out how to turn the slide keyboard to unlock feature off on these phones.
no i dont use a cell phone holster. just throw it in my jacket pocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
@alex... maybe there is a magnetic field caused by or close to the subway? that could cause the phone to unlock.
i doubt that

thanks guys
going to flash Energy ROM and see if that fixes it.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit24
Does anyone else have a problem with Opera closing when you have it running in the background? Everytime I minimize it to read a text message I go to the task manager to reopen it and its always gone. I have the correcting settings checked in the task manager to keep applications open. I only seem to have this problem with Opera. I have been having the problem with the last several versions of GTX. It's probably not the rom, but I'm just wondering if maybe its a problem with Opera.
i get this too.

I just figure i can wait till done surfing or wbhatever and then see txt or email.

Would be nice if I could min opera, view txt and possibly reply then go back to opera.

Am using opera 9.7 as it is cooked in the rom.
Not sure if opera mini is better at this or not.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 01-12-2011, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Exit24 is keeping up the good workExit24 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

i get this too.

I just figure i can wait till done surfing or wbhatever and then see txt or email.

Would be nice if I could min opera, view txt and possibly reply then go back to opera.

The following info from PapaPrem seem to fix my problem, give it a shot if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPrem View Post
Set the Page Pool to 16. I believe the default PP of 20 is too high and eats away the RAM. When I had the GTX Roms running at the 20 Page Pool, I would get a lot of freezes and automatic shut downs of running programs. The recommended 12 Page Pool felt somewhat slow to me. 16 is the sweet spot.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hey guys on energyrom 21916. i found a solution to a issue i was having with the compact menu on 21916 roms. the issue is that clicking on the start button icon is the only thing that will activate the start menu. if you click on the actual text/word "start" all it does is freeze the phone a few seconds. well i ran across a cab that fixes this. it stretches the activation area out past the start button so you can click the start text and open the start menu instead of it freezing the phone. i found the cab in the tp2 tweaks thread and i never saw anyone post a solution here although a few people said they had the same issue. i hope this helps you guys using the compact menu
Attached Files
File Type: cab QuickMenu Extension.cab (4.4 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Exit24 is keeping up the good workExit24 is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 13| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monfro View Post
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"EnableFullScreen"=dword:00000000
I know you posted this a while ago but I gotta say thanks. The landscape rotation in the HTC music tab has been driving me nuts. I tried to disable it using BsB tweaks, but even if I disable all rotation is still doesn't prevent the music tab from rotating. Just wanted to let you know your reg edit worked perfectly.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

yagayaga is a n00b

do most people agree that the most stable of the recent roms was the Christmas Edition rom? if so, does anyone happen to have a link to this rom that they could pm me? i'm looking for dinik glass cookie version with the start menu on the bottom if anyone has it, but if that is too specific, i'll gladly take any other version that is available. i've been running the same rom for months and it's time to upgrade. thanks.

Last edited by yagayaga; 01-12-2011 at 04:05 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit24
Does anyone else have a problem with Opera closing when you have it running in the background? Everytime I minimize it to read a text message I go to the task manager to reopen it and its always gone. I have the correcting settings checked in the task manager to keep applications open. I only seem to have this problem with Opera. I have been having the problem with the last several versions of GTX. It's probably not the rom, but I'm just wondering if maybe its a problem with Opera.

i get this too.

NRGz 29005 CHT2.0 Sencity Dec. 13th ROM

I use Opera Mini and have settings set to display message on screen so when im on the web the message pops up, read, reply if necessary, x out and Opera is there waiting for me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

Sixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Anyone know how to remove dark red contact card highlights when using wm contacts screen on 29007 ? Im unable to see any other info/addresses because they are so dark. This is REALLY annoying an otherwise perfect ROM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development