PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 25| 21916|21683 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydude View Post
well if a lot of us get down to using titanuim again NRG might just start updating them more frequently..
Come oN NRG more frequently updated titanuim roms please
i believe it was posted before by NRG himself that he won't update the titanium rom series because nothing new has came out for it to warrant an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj070 View Post
Thank you again will try the battery cab .

i will just have to wait for newer version of the same rom and test the SPB backup and will post if it does work or not

Thanks
sounds to me like you think that spb will just update the newest rom your on, which is not the case, to my knowledge it just makes a complete back-up of the rom and all programs and settings you are running and makes that into an .exe file that you can use to restore to that rom in case something goes wrong with the new rom or if you don't like it, it won't update the new rom with settings and programs from the spb back-up, unless there is a new version out that does that and i'm not aware of it.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 25| 21916|21683 * Sense 20

[QUOTE=KIOWA69;1983098 sounds to me like you think that spb will just update the newest rom your on, which is not the case, to my knowledge it just makes a complete back-up of the rom and all programs and settings you are running and makes that into an .exe file that you can use to restore to that rom in case something goes wrong with the new rom or if you don't like it, it won't update the new rom with settings and programs from the spb back-up, unless there is a new version out that does that and i'm not aware of it.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you you are 100% correct. all i want to do is keep all my settings and programs i install to my SD card and all the quick links and tweak cabs.

I guess i will have to read more i don't know any programs out there will just take all your programs - cabs and settings after updating newer rom it will install all for you.

I juts hate to waste 2 hours every time i update an rom to install all my programs setting - cabs - tweak.

Thanks
Old 10-28-2010, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Sprint
Carrier: Sprint

b727pilot is just getting started

Quote:
Thank you again will try the battery cab .

i will just have to wait for newer version of the same rom and test the SPB backup and will post if it does work or not

Thanks

Hey if you get a chance let me/us know about the battery cab. I have noticed that the battery does seem to drain faster. I also am looking to see if I can stop the drain because I really like the Energy Rom's.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I agree with you you are 100% correct. all i want to do is keep all my settings and programs i install to my SD card and all the quick links and tweak cabs.

I guess i will have to read more i don't know any programs out there will just take all your programs - cabs and settings after updating newer rom it will install all for you.

I juts hate to waste 2 hours every time i update an rom to install all my programs setting - cabs - tweak.

Thanks
well you can make a folder on your sd card and keep all the cabs that you want to install in that folder for quick load up/install, i don't use it but you can also use xda uc to load up cabs automatically after a fresh flash to a new rom. me personally all i use is pim backup, it backs up emails, texts, contacts, calendar and appointments, i personally like to go through and set things up myself and that does two things, i can make sure that things are set up right and no old registry strings are brought over from the last rom and it gives me a chance to familiarize myself with the rom and all the goodies that it has, check out stuff from teradog and davetn they both have links to a lot of information concerning this rom series. on a side not it shouldn't take you that long to set everything up, takes me an hour at the very most and that's if i'm doing other things also and messing with the phone in between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b727pilot View Post
Hey if you get a chance let me/us know about the battery cab. I have noticed that the battery does seem to drain faster. I also am looking to see if I can stop the drain because I really like the Energy Rom's.
just try the one of the battery cabs yourself, it's a cab so install it and soft reset and then see if it works out for you, if it doesn't just go into remove programs and uninstall it and soft reset, all back to normal.

guys you need to start trying things yourself and exploring what all the rom has to offer and not wait for others to do it, someone has to test things out and the worse that can happen is you have to hard reset, live life on the edge and be the first to try something and then share your knowledge with others and get those rep points up.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by b727pilot View Post
OK i did install both battery cab and i was using 1% battery monitor

Now i am using the 10% battery monitor which comes with the 2 cabs i install suggested by KIOW69 and it seems to work better form what i can tell.

i use to lose 10% every hour now 10% every 2 hours i think i can live with that..

Thanks all..

Yes we need to start testing more.

I do have all the cabs and programs i want to install on my Sd card/Cab folder i created so easy to install on any new roms..

All i was looking for was if there was an app - script were it would do it all for you. lol heheheh sorry i think we are getting spoiled and silver spoon fed

i do like SPB backup for contacts and full restore just incase i have to hard reboot.

Last edited by saj070; 10-28-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

Agentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuff

Currently running Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Titanium.Oct.15.7z ROM with titanium disabled with SPB trial active. (I chose 21916 because there is no need for the bottom bar that SPB takes over, I hear that the new 21683 ROMS are faster but i have no issue with speed) When it boots up I have 119 MB RAM free from fresh boot (it starts off as high as 132MB but when SPB is done loading it goes to the 119.) I am using the panel start menu but I have the SPB start menu take over the soft start winkey (anyone have a reg edit to make it work for hard key?) and I have it OCed to 710. Battery life is great and SPB is very fast! I did install the graphics cabs that i posted a few pages back. I use baticlock or whatever its called to go over top of the broken battery icon on the top bar that displays time, battery %, and free RAM.

One thing that I still cant find a fix for is the task icon that is suppose to be in the top right of the 21916 ROMS. I would love to see updated titanium ROMS to try out SPB on (pls pls pls!) Thanks for all that you do NRG!

I am in LOVE with SPB and riding out the free 15 days before I (happily) throw the 30 bucks into it. I enjoy the cookie ROMs but I will have a hard time going back to something that isnt as solid as SPB.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache, 700wx, mogul, touch, touch pro

sidwin is keeping up the good worksidwin is keeping up the good work

ok... i'm down to two problems....
1. sometime my camera doesn't work... i start it but see nothing but black. reboot fixes it.
2. speakerphone doesn't work sometime either... reboot fixes that.
i'm running 10/20 version normal build with start menu above and without 20 extensions.

Thanks,
Sid
Old 10-28-2010, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

Agentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuff

Quote:
OK i did install both battery cab and i was using 1% battery monitor

Now i am using the 10% battery monitor which comes with the 2 cabs i install suggested by KIOW69 and it seems to work better form what i can tell.

i use to lose 10% every hour now 10% every 2 hours i think i can live with that..

Thanks all..

Yes we need to start testing more.

I do have all the cabs and programs i want to install on my Sd card/Cab folder i created so easy to install on any new roms..

All i was looking for was if there was an app - script were it would do it all for you. lol heheheh sorry i think we are getting spoiled and silver spoon fed

i do like SPB backup for contacts and full restore just incase i have to hard reboot.
As for you loosing 10% every hour... How is your signal where you are located? Are you at full bars or are you out of signal most of the time? If you are low on signal then that is why you are draining battery so fast, I suggest putting phone on airplane mode if you know that you will be out of signal. Just a thought
Old 10-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentz919 View Post
As for you loosing 10% every hour... How is your signal where you are located? Are you at full bars or are you out of signal most of the time? If you are low on signal then that is why you are draining battery so fast, I suggest putting phone on airplane mode if you know that you will be out of signal. Just a thought
well my location does not change 10 hours per day in my office.

signal 3 bars it is ok in the middle. i think the 2 battery cabs help reducing drainage i think the 1% battery meter did not help.

Anyway so far so good.

i guess in a few days i can say for sure if the battery life has improved or not..
Old 10-28-2010, 04:25 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

******* Anyone backing up with SPB just make sure when your restoring you force ROM UPDATE MODE and uncheck the overwrite files!!!!! I do this with every rom update NRG releases without a problem. The only thing i run into every once in awhile is one or two of the shortcuts need to be replaced.

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development