PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Sprint
Carrier: Sprint

b727pilot is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 25| 21916|21683 * Sense 20

Hey guys. Quick question and maybe a bug?? I just installed 21916 oct25 Energy classic cookie and found that if I have have enable sounds for hardware buttons checked (under settings/sound and notifications) my phone will make click sound as if a button is being pushed when the screen goes black. It will click all day/night until I uncheck the hardware button option.

Weird!!! Has anyone else had this problem or care to test it out to see if it is just my flash or phone?

Thanks again for the great ROM! I can't say it enough

Tony
Old 10-27-2010, 10:34 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 25| 21916|21683 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
So I saw this at the end of your post. Now I'm wondering, does it just speed up your device by not checking certificates? I'm not sure what it does or if affects antthing else. Can you please elaborate as to what it does. Also I'm on Touch of Glass 21683, which one do I need to download? On your link it says 21682. But they also have 21683 posted. Do I install to the device, or can I install it to the memory card? Lastly, how do I inststall the file? Dumb it down for me if you can please. Thanks.
Hey, first you missed the chance on the post above you :>)) (timely lol) (you guys gotta help some of these now :>))

yes
re. what it does... I attached the link to the detailed discussion & a high level summary... no sense in me restating it.. please see link.. *edit* errrr at least I thought I did... hold on I'll take a look...
*edit* here you go:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1185

hey hey... if NRG is using the ervius kitchen... & using implantxip & payload resizer.. already done! :>))
"If you are using the Implantxip & Payload Resizer v. 1.1 by ervius!!! in your kitchen the NK.exe is automatically patched for nocert thats why I never felt the need to patch the nk.exe separately."
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=8718948&highlight=nk.exe+patch#po st8718948
or kitchen of Baren:
kitchen of Barin - the nk is patched on demand
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=8719145&highlight=nk.exe+patch#po st8719145

re. 21682: that was then, this is now (21683) always use the latest

Sorry no idea what you mean on the last 1/2 of your post... are you talking about installing the NK patch? If so, again please read the xda link, it's a cooked in thing in the kitchen, not a user patch. That's why everyone is asking if/when NRG is going to cook it in...

So maybe we should twit him to see if already in...

cheers

Last edited by teradog; 10-27-2010 at 10:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:58 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj070 View Post
I have 2 questions ?

1. i have SPB backup app i perform a complete full backup. IF NRG release same rom with different version. ie oct 25 to Nov 2nd. how best i can load my program's - apps -all my settings - and quick links ? i hate to spend 2 hours everytime loading all my settings and program to Sd card. i have everything running from Sd card.

2. does anyone have a battery saving cab i need to improve my nrg rom touch of glass 21916 2.0 i use blue tooth alot and i know it sucks up battery but is there some tweaks i can use to save battery life..'may be it 1% battery meter if it is how can i replace with regluar 10% batter meter ? only would like to do this if it is going to help with battery life.
If you've been reading any of the last 10-20 pages, you'd have seen me suggest reading the howto link in my sig line... I think you'll find both of your Q's answered there.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbearballs View Post
My mms won't send messages and my text keyboard has letters in crazy places. Anyone else having this problem?

This rom is the best I've used, thank you!
Run carrier provisioning for keyboard problem fix. Download this cab for mms
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...ngs-boushh.cab
Old 10-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
If you've been reading any of the last 10-20 pages, you'd have seen me suggest reading the howto link in my sig line... I think you'll find both of your Q's answered there.
Thaks but it does not say about SBP backup that was for that app how best i can use that full restore if i load latest rom version ?

still reading on battery life

tThanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:23 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Thaks but it does not say about SBP backup that was for that app how best i can use that full restore if i load latest rom version ?still reading on battery lifetThanks
LOL... yep your right PIM backup... nothing gets it all, but the point is, depending on the OS, Sense, and Cookie level /ver on your backup vs what you flashed to & if any of those changed.. you may not want to! A bunch of info there to consider, nothing gets it all in a single backup..

Hey bigbear, make sure you hit cozmos thanks button, that's how it works..

Last edited by teradog; 10-27-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
LOL... yep your right PIM backup... nothing gets it all, but the point is, depending on the OS, Sense, and Cookie level /ver on your backup vs what you flashed to & if any of those changed.. you may not want to! A bunch of info there to consider, nothing gets it all in a single backup..
Thanks just thought it would be easy to use SPBBackup full restore if it is same exact rom just an update

IE: oct 25 rom energy touch 2,0

then same exact rom just an update to date.. rom energy touch 2.0

i am still learning and reading i guess will have to play with it and let it crash heheeheh
Old 10-27-2010, 11:46 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Thanks just thought it would be easy to use SPBBackup full restore if it is same exact rom just an update
IE: oct 25 rom energy touch 2,0
then same exact rom just an update to date.. rom energy touch 2.0
i am still learning and reading i guess will have to play with it and let it crash heheeheh
Same ROM, same com build (2168x), same cookie should be fine!
Don't use SPB myself for backup... I agree.. "play with it & let it crash"

And whether it completely does everything you wanted or not, please post your results back here so all can learn.. thanks
Old 10-28-2010, 12:31 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Thaks but it does not say about SBP backup that was for that app how best i can use that full restore if i load latest rom version ?

still reading on battery life

tThanks
sbp back-up is going to make an exact copy of the rom and settings that you're using now and make it into an .exe file and what that's good for is if you flash to a new rom and don't like it then you can run that .exe file and go back to the rom you had before. like teradog said no one program is going to back-up all your settings and programs or anything so theres multiple programs you need to run to do that, need to do lots of reading up on that if you want xda uc to do that for you.

there are a couple of battery saving cabs in the paperclip for this thread, ones called hypnotic and another is by max, here's a link to the paperclip and just scroll down the list until you find them, they are in alphabetical order z-a: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/misc.php?d...hments&t=86489
Old 10-28-2010, 02:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc tp2 verizon
Carrier: vodaphone

krazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentz919 View Post
Well found one bug that has been posted on here already. The top battery on the titanium ROM does not work... it always shows me at 100% battery. Going to try to download nuebattery to see if that will fix it. I have searched for a fix but no one responded to all of the others that had the same issue. Also the top right task menu decides not to work every once in a while too, not sure if it is because I changed something or not.
well if a lot of us get down to using titanuim again NRG might just start updating them more frequently..
Come oN NRG more frequently updated titanuim roms please

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development