PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 05:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG LS855
Carrier: Sprint

t-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialAgentSicari View Post
Wow I feel like an idiot. I searched and must have missed the posts. ::hangs head in shame::
Hey, welcome to the club! Not everyone on this thread is so hard on newcomers. Don't be afraid to ask questions again, usually everyone just wants to help. But if your : and / keys are switched, don't ask about that!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

Veezy is becoming a great contributor
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

For anybody wondering....

The 21xxx ROM is incredible. Very fast, very stable, very good on battery life. I've come to the conclusion that, while I prefer 6.5.x, the Touch Pro 2 really works best with a 6.5 ROM. 6.5 is just so much better in every conceivable catagory, save finger friendliness, than 6.5.x
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzik View Post
I agree. So far 9/13 has been great. Battery is getting better as usual. My favorite, so far. I am using the 23xxx GTX. Of course, now that it is working great and the battery drain is good...I'll still flash the next one....a search for perfection...or maybe, I'm just a flashaholic.
Im young with the eyes of an old man LOL the GTX just too much white for me but it does look nice & the skin is really cool. Theres nothing wrong with being a flashaholic lol I was one for the longest, now it takes one hell of a ROM to get me to budge. The next ROM I burn HAS to be better than this one, if thats even possible
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:16 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
Hey, welcome to the club! Not everyone on this thread is so hard on newcomers. Don't be afraid to ask questions again, usually everyone just wants to help. But if your : and / keys are switched, don't ask about that!
Well said.

Most of are here to help not to hinder. We are all new to something at sometime.

It's just some people will ask a question that is either A. A dead horse beaten 1000 times (search easily pulls these up) B. Someone just asked it a post or so before. And these scenarios get a little perturbing to some more than others.

But yes WELCOME TO THE SICKNESS!!!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:19 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Shadow View Post
Ok tried another flash without installing anything nor restoring my pim data data didnt work. Tried with also with performing the Carrier Provisioning for Sprint thats built into the rom but that didnt work either anything else I can try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
i would say you got a bad download, try downloading the rom again as you shouldn't be having a no data issue, no one else has reported this issue and that makes me think it's something on your end, download rom, provision, boush sms/mms cab and should be good to go, let us know how it goes.
trying to wrap things up...
Agree with Kiowa! Not only that DL another different ROM, don't mess with page pool. FIRST, I'd burn another old one from your PC that you KNEW worked for sure... to ensure Sprint hasn't caught you tethering & cut off your data!!! :>))

Steps I'd take
1. reflash old known ROM ensure data works,
a. if it does, try new DL of same ROM that didn't
b, if not, then its not the new ROM

If new DL of same ROM doesn't work, DL different 9/13 ROM & try (dinik or other)
Old known ROM doesn't work, check to ensure you paid your sprint bill :>))

Explain "data"
1. does your weather update?
2. google maps?
3. mail?
4. sms?
5. if yes to above, try a different browser.
If anything above works, then you have some data... right?

let us know some of the details please

*edit* good summary Whotahn.. T'd

Last edited by teradog; 09-16-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work

Hello, I have a suggestion for many (so I can feel I can contribute something) and a couple of questions.
Questions,
-I have the 24634 GTX ROM, I usually have 60 MB RAM free after reboot, I clean the old text messages and have one stock walpaper for everything (the one with a few grass heads). Is that normal? Is it low enough to make my phone run slow? It runs a little slow, but I am not sure how much faster it should run compared to the stock rom.
-I had the registry modified on the stock rom and the tethering worked fine. now I can't tether, the Network box only has the None option and the connect button is grayed. I can't find any old post about it, maybe I don't know how to search. Can anybody please give me the link to where it explains how to fix it?

Overall, it works fine, I miss not having the printing program to connect to the bluetooth printer, there's probably one out there that I need to find. But the phone sometimes still crashes, sometimes freezes and sometimes just runs too slow. So, being windows, the best is to restart and everything fixed. I have a case to protect it that is a pain to take out to be able to take out the battery. So I drilled a small hole on the side of the battery cover (first), and then one on the side of the protective case, so I can just press the reset button with a paper clip or a pin without removing anything. here are some pictures, I thought it might help others with the same issue, saves a lot of time every time you have to reset. (some of you are smart and can make software, some of us can only drill holes on our phones)
Cheers and thanks to everybody who answers questions and to our master Chef!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hd2-hole1.jpg (42.9 KB, 30 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg hd2-hole2.jpg (62.3 KB, 35 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:33 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
Well said.

Most of are here to help not to hinder. We are all new to something at sometime.

It's just some people will ask a question that is either A. A dead horse beaten 1000 times (search easily pulls these up) B. Someone just asked it a post or so before. And these scenarios get a little perturbing to some more than others.

But yes WELCOME TO THE SICKNESS!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro soon to be TP2

Zero_Shadow is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
trying to wrap things up...
Agree with Kiowa! Not only that DL another different ROM, don't mess with page pool. FIRST, I'd burn another old one from your PC that you KNEW worked for sure... to ensure Sprint hasn't caught you tethering & cut off your data!!! :>))

Steps I'd take
1. reflash old known ROM ensure data works,
a. if it does, try new DL of same ROM that didn't
b, if not, then its not the new ROM

If new DL of same ROM doesn't work, DL different 9/13 ROM & try (dinik or other)
Old known ROM doesn't work, check to ensure you paid your sprint bill :>))

Explain "data"
1. does your weather update?
2. google maps?
3. mail?
4. sms?
5. if yes to above, try a different browser.
If anything above works, then you have some data... right?

let us know some of the details please

*edit* good summary Whotahn.. T'd
Sorry if I left anything out well I had the same problem with both the Sep 8th 23xxx build and the Sep 14th 24xx build. When I mean no data I mean no data connection of any kind browser, weather update, google maps, mms anything that involves data. Each of these end up with the same result error Cant Connect #777 or whatever it says.

I was thinking the same thing about maybe it was a bad flash or a bad download when I was working with Sep 8th release but the same thing was happening with Sep 14th which had be really confused. Maybe a setting or something Im not doing? Im not installing anything thru UC or restoring PIM or installing any cabs after each flash I immediately try data and get nothing. But here is the interesting thing I noticed although data is supposedly not working right I still on the notification bar I see the data arrows flashing as if something is using data but when I try to use it it disconnects and gives me that error I mentioned above.

I previously was running EnergyRom I think it was July 12th or something like that and didnt have a problem with data at all so not sure whats going on. This is the first time Ive had this kind of problem but nothing else is wrong with the build its great just cant figure out this data thing.

Thanks again guys for all your help with this I really appreciate it.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 8| 21916|24634 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliens50 View Post
Did some searching for status of Maxx battery saving cab, but not able to find what I'm looking for. I'm assuming some users apply his cab every flash, but I'm wondering how smoothly it's working with stereo BT. I remember seeing issues with the battery saving cab a few dozen (hundred?) pages back. I use my TP2 with stereo BT for music every day, so input is appreciated to avoid reflashing.

Thanks guys!
I can help on the MAX 134. I stream blue-tooth every day to my stereo. The first max cab did break the blue-tooth, but he fixed it in an updated version. Just look for the newest one on the paper clip or energy battery thread and your good to go.

Edit: If you put the early on in, don't worry , it will uninstall. (I sweat'd that one myself )

Last edited by swlaraut; 09-16-2010 at 06:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:44 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Shadow View Post
Sorry if I left anything out well I had the same problem with both the Sep 8th 23xxx build and the Sep 14th 24xx build. When I mean no data I mean no data connection of any kind browser, weather update, google maps, mms anything that involves data. Each of these end up with the same result error Cant Connect #777 or whatever it says.

I was thinking the same thing about maybe it was a bad flash or a bad download when I was working with Sep 8th release but the same thing was happening with Sep 14th which had be really confused. Maybe a setting or something Im not doing? Im not installing anything thru UC or restoring PIM or installing any cabs after each flash I immediately try data and get nothing. But here is the interesting thing I noticed although data is supposedly not working right I still on the notification bar I see the data arrows flashing as if something is using data but when I try to use it it disconnects and gives me that error I mentioned above.

I previously was running EnergyRom I think it was July 12th or something like that and didnt have a problem with data at all so not sure whats going on. This is the first time Ive had this kind of problem but nothing else is wrong with the build its great just cant figure out this data thing.

Thanks again guys for all your help with this I really appreciate it.
You don't have an Airave do you? If so, reboot it. If your neighbor has one and your phone is connecting to it instead of the tower, take your phone to another lcation and see if you can get data.

Also, is your sim card in?

Just some thoughts.

David

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development