PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 12:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

muzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to muzik
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 25| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewahlrus View Post
Off topic, I'm just looking for some feedback from you guys for some CHT toggles I just made...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119875

I like them! Can they be used?
Old 08-28-2010, 12:43 PM
I think I tore my sack.
Pocket PC: Droid X, Root, Deodexed, Tranquility 3.0
Carrier: VZW

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 25| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzik View Post
I like them! Can they be used?
Yep. They are here... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119875

I use them on my phone.

This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
This is what I do as well, except if I get above 748 MHz then I start to get problems with lockups.
Bump on this one. I'm using OC_2 and if I get above 748 my slacker and wunderradio freeze. I can go all the way to the top with no problems, as long as I don't do any audio/vid streaming (I drive truck and thats not an option ).
Old 08-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewahlrus View Post
Yep. They are here... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119875

I use them on my phone.
Those look bad a$$, great job on those!
Old 08-28-2010, 02:43 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minikitty View Post
I just Flashed MightyRom 6.20.2010 to Energy Rom because my phone keeps locks up itself even when I am in the middle of dialing a number or doing something else. I thought that something is wrong with the ROM and trying Energy Rom may solve the problem. Now, I get a similar problem: There is a menu which keeps pop up:
Turn Airplane mode on
Lock Device
Set Vibrate
Terminate Data Connection

When I am calling some one else and in the middle of conversation, this pops up. Of course, the connection is gone. This drives me nuts.
What causes this pop up menu? How to disable the pop up menu? Is there something wrong with my Touch Pro 2?
By the way, I am living in a highrise building, the cellular signal is constantly changing from 0 bar to 4 bars. I am guessing this might be the culprit. I used to be able to make phone calls in the building, but it is getting worse and worse recently. Can someone help me? Thanks a lot!
The menu that keeps popping up is called the Quick Menu and usually only pops up when u press and hold the hardware End Key. Unless u accidentally assigned it to another button or something it shouldnt just pop-up. Also u cant trust the bars on your T.Pro 2 to determine true signal quality. On most roms u can dial ##DEBUG# and see your true device settings, but not on NRGZ anymore. Its not necessary, but it comes in handy when testing to determine which Radio or PRL might work the best.
I think that the best solution to your problem would be to flash to the most current radio and PRL your Touch Pro 2. I upgraded my radio from the stock 1.42.00 radio to Sprints newer 2.32.00 radio and my devices reception became alot better, almost twice as good reception in some locations. I used a different rom then so that i could check the true signal strength with the ##DEBUG# dialer code. I would also update to the most recent PRL for your carrier. But make sure your new PRL has; EV/1x capabilities, Nationwide calling, and roaming capabilities. Most new PRLs do, but if you are getting them from a forum, like i do, then its best to check to make sure. And last but not least after flashing a new radio, and after updating your PRL, then perform a hard-reset and try the device with no cabs installed and see how it works for u. Then after about a day,if u hav had no problems, install your cabs one at a time to make sure that none of your cabs are causing the problem. One last thing if u flash your device without performing a Task 29 first then i would reflash your device, performing a Task 29 first, then update the radio and PRL and then hard-reset and setup your device. If that doesnt solve your problems i dont know what will. Hope that helps. It worked wonders for my device after the new radio and a new PRL. Hopefully it does the same for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

kwazytazz is just getting started
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

new rom! yayy! Does anyone know why NRG keeps going back and forth with the build numbers?

Handset: HTC Touch Pro2
ROM: Energy 23673 Sense 2.5 GTX Aug 1st
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vintercept™
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwazytazz View Post
new rom! yayy! Does anyone know why NRG keeps going back and forth with the build numbers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgz28 View Post
changelog
august 28th, 2010
  • 23127 build from oboe 1.0.4 official shipped rom
  • blackstone ger roms finished
  • setings exporter is now compatible with all languages
  • fixed world card mobile for blackstone
  • added format sd card utility for rhodium and leo in settings\system
  • pyrobob's mods to my taskbar added
  • pyrobob's mods to the messaging client added
  • following packages updated from oboe 1.0.4 official shipped rom
    • updated rsshub to 2.1.2.117
    • updated htcframework_1_7_20171620_00
    • updated cminternetsharing_1_2_e_0 (wifi internet router software)
    • updated timezoneautofix_1_0_20161329_01
    • updated text_selection_1_0_20162130_00 ( looks like we can cut copy and paste in the email app to now...)
    • updated clearstorage_2_3_3_0
    • updated quick_gps_2_0_20182329_00
    • updated mp3_trimmer_1_2_20182814_0
    • updated email_setup_wizard_2_3_20182029_20
    • updated calculator_1_1_20182814_0
    • updated wi-fiwizard_1_46_2_0
    • updated menu_enhancement_1_1_20182925_00 (menus now pop up and out normally in com3 builds... No more flashing on screen)
    • updated commmanager_2_10_5_0
    • updated long_press_end_key_1_5_20182725_00
    • updated message_enhancement_1_2_20181629_00
    • settings_improvement_1_0_20182927_0
    • new_contact_card_1_1_20182914_0
    • htcmessage_1_11_281_0
    • htcbookmark_1_0_20182927_0
    • htcbirthday_1_2_0_0
    • groupeditor_1_0_20181314_00
    • contact_utility_engine_1_2_20183320_00
    • contact_picker_1_0_20181326_00
    • browsersnapshot_1_0_20182927_0
    • appointmenteditor_1_0_20182927_0
    • full_screen_player_1_8_20182925_00 (leo only)
    • streaming_sdk_2_7_20141626_00 (leo only)
    • streaming_media_3_1_20181419_00 (leo only)
    • dshow_2_0_20161331_00 (leo only)
    • fm_radio_2_5_20183223_00 (leo only)
    • htclockscreen_2_0_20182027_00
Waiting...
Old 08-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vintercept™
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
The menu that keeps popping up is called the Quick Menu and usually only pops up when u press and hold the hardware End Key. Unless u accidentally assigned it to another button or something it shouldnt just pop-up. Also u cant trust the bars on your T.Pro 2 to determine true signal quality. On most roms u can dial ##DEBUG# and see your true device settings, but not on NRGZ anymore. Its not necessary, but it comes in handy when testing to determine which Radio or PRL might work the best.
I think that the best solution to your problem would be to flash to the most current radio and PRL your Touch Pro 2. I upgraded my radio from the stock 1.42.00 radio to Sprints newer 2.32.00 radio and my devices reception became alot better, almost twice as good reception in some locations. I used a different rom then so that i could check the true signal strength with the ##DEBUG# dialer code. I would also update to the most recent PRL for your carrier. But make sure your new PRL has; EV/1x capabilities, Nationwide calling, and roaming capabilities. Most new PRLs do, but if you are getting them from a forum, like i do, then its best to check to make sure. And last but not least after flashing a new radio, and after updating your PRL, then perform a hard-reset and try the device with no cabs installed and see how it works for u. Then after about a day,if u hav had no problems, install your cabs one at a time to make sure that none of your cabs are causing the problem. One last thing if u flash your device without performing a Task 29 first then i would reflash your device, performing a Task 29 first, then update the radio and PRL and then hard-reset and setup your device. If that doesnt solve your problems i dont know what will. Hope that helps. It worked wonders for my device after the new radio and a new PRL. Hopefully it does the same for you.
I've done all of this several times, different radios, roms, prl, task 29, format sd card, remove sd card, etc... still happens. Not sure what caused it but seems that once it happens you can't get rid of it
Old 08-28-2010, 03:24 PM
aliens50

Ok, finally decided to OC my phone using Nayr's methods, scripts, and default settings. Runnig Jul 21st cookie std 23xxx rom (twitter's working great for me...).

Will be watching overall battery drain and testing stereo BT, but so far it's given me a new phone. Very pleased!

Edit - Ohhhh, new rom incoming. Early thanks to you early adopters. Can't wait to see your feedback!

Last edited by aliens50; 08-28-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:29 PM
lbcary

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
well bro I'm sorry to hear you are having issues and really don't know what the issues are since i nor anyone else has said anything about them and what they have done to correct them, i guess the only real way of knowing if it's a cricket/rom issue is if you can find another cricket user to verify the issues that you are having and if not then something could be wrong with your phone that's making it not play nice with the rom.
Ive used NRGZ roms since i had my HTC Diamond, then my Touch Pro, and i tried to flash NRGZ rom to my new T.Pro 2 back in early December and realized that NRGZ roms back then would not hold or save Crickets data settings.I tried probly 6 or 7 of NRGZ releases in December and January and all had the data problem where the Cricket data settings wouldnt save or stay programmed.At the time Crickets data settings worked fine on every other rom on PPCGeeks, but none of NRGZ roms. So i switched to a different rom until about 10 days ago when i decided to give NRGZ rom another try since it had been so long and his roms have changed so much. To my surprise the data connection worked perfect just like it did on my Diamond and my Touch Pro. Also after setting up the device manually i also noticed that my MMS worked for the first time in years. MMS didnt work on my Diamond,Touch Pro, or T.Pro 2 until i switched to NRGZ rom. I absolutely love NRGZ rom, all its customized looks and its functions are excellent and since i flashed the Aug 25 version ive only had the screen freezing problem 3 times total and when it does freeze now its not for nearly as long as it was before. Ive also noticed that after it freezes once it tends not to happen again until after i reset the device.I have no idea about that but the 8-25 23678 CHT Dinik Glass rom has almost completely solved this problem for me and if it keeps getting better with each release then it should be totally gone in the next release or 2. Now with working MMS. I havent got mms to work on any of my HTC Cricket flashed devices for 2 years until the mid Aug 23XXX CHT Dinik Glass rom that i tried. Now that i can use my favorite rom again,now with fuctioning MMS, im gonna stick with it. A friend of mine in Omaha whos on Verizon uses the same NRG rom i do and he said he has a similiar issue about 3-5 times a week,mostly after a long call when he hangs up the screen hangs on him for about 3-15 seconds but then immediately begins to function correctly after.He said it also happened once after being on the charger for 10 hours and as soon as he unplugged it he pressed the power button to turn on the screen and the screen was frozen and wouldnt function for about 20 seconds he said. Its just a minor nuissance so he doesnt complain,especially when NRGZ roms have so much more than any stock rom and more than most custom roms. NRGZ roms have been my favorite for along time. I remember using NRGZ old Warhawk rom on my Diamond and my Touch Pro.So im really glad that NRGZ roms are working with Cricket now.

Last edited by lbcary; 08-28-2010 at 06:43 PM. Reason: A cpl people needed help with reading and comprehension.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development