PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D ,Touch pro 2 & Touch pro , mogul
Carrier: sprint

vickydj1974 is keeping up the good workvickydj1974 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 30| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
a little more information would be nice, are you talking about the sound the phone makes when you are raising or lowering the volume?
yes please
Old 08-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 30| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickydj1974 View Post
yes please
schick79 posted a few posts back that yeah NRG added those funky sounds, what you have to do is go to the add-on's page: http://www.energyroms.com/Addons/NRG...e%20Sounds.cab and download this cab file and it will return the sounds to the stock ones, make sure to thank schick79 for his help.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:07 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

RECAP & CONCLUSION: (?)

Originally Posted by mabbott
Configure the "Data controller" (found under Start -> Internet) and set it to disconnect after 30 seconds of no use. Don't forget to reboot when prompted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog
Bump... Tk'd u NICE!!, sick of always data connect.
start, internet, data controller, menu, config connection timeouts

Be careful doing this; it may cause your dialer answer/ignore slider to stick and may result in missed phone calls.C

It changes your HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\SuspendResume key value to a GPRS setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfox24 View Post
That is actually a GSM setting used to set suspend and resume for data connections when receiving a call. - If set wrong on a CMDA phone you wont be able to answer calls. It should be #777. If you use 'Advanced config' that came with the rom, it might change the setting on you.

Here is Microsoft's description - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc510499.aspx
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Glad he answered ya Teradog^^^^^^^...was just about to myself for that part......the part I was go on and on about is the SOD....
OK my results with this:
I went to the reg & sure enough it was wrong & had some text about GSM.. I changed it to #777 & .... wala, I haven't had the SOD (screen of death) yet! And I've got to be saving battery w/o that radio running all the time?! It's only been a couple of hours but so far so good. I'm not sure it should be called the SOD, as it really is only the fact that it's not coming out of sleep mode. (sleep screen (SS)? ha!)

flyers.. i'm also thinking this is helping with SOD... haven't had an issue for a couple hours.. I thought it was my overclocking script causing it..

Summary: It's OK to change the data disconnect to whatever (30sec), but then you need to change the reg key above also. This is suppose to reduce battery recharge need. Then all else is ok... no other issues..? Correct?

Last edited by teradog; 08-01-2010 at 01:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

iowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I just did an experiment, and saw in the registry where my value was referencing the GPRS. I had earlier used Advanced Configuration to timeout at 30 seconds, then unchecked it when I read about the slide-to-answer issues.

I changed it to #777, rebooted, opened up DATA CONTROLLER, and saw that the "disconnect after 30 sec" was already highlighted?? I didnt select it myself.

Does DATA CONTROLLER change this registry value to the correct setting on our behalf, while Advanced Configuration does not??

Last edited by iowabassplayer; 08-01-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:46 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabassplayer View Post
I just did an experiment, and saw in the registry where my value was referencing the GPRS. I changed it to #777, rebooted, opened up DATA CONTROLLER, and saw that the "disconnect after 30 sec" was already highlighted?? I didnt select it myself.
I'm on July 30 673 cookie on one TP2 & 2? 211 on the other.. (both were wrong), don't know what you mean by highlighted.. I simply checked the check box & all is well.. stays after reboot & so does #777. All is well

** this is amazing!! may be the key to MY SOD on MY Overclocking... ??? hasn't locked up yet..

Last edited by teradog; 08-01-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

iowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
I'm on July 30 673 on both TP2's & both were wrong, don't know what you mean by highlighted.. I simply checked the check box & all is well.. stays after reboot & so does #777. All is well
i meant that the "Disconnect after 30 seconds" box in DATA CONTROLLER was already checked when i manually changed the registry value to #777, rather than highlighted - sorry, bad choice of words!

so, we should use DATA CONTROLLER rather than ADVANCED CONFIGURATION is what I'm gathering...

Last edited by iowabassplayer; 08-01-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

garyflynn is keeping up the good workgaryflynn is keeping up the good work

So far none of the tips or cabs I've found have gotten opera into my task list so I can switch to it or close it from there. Has anyone killed push internet and turned opera into a normal program as far as the task manager is concerned on an Energy Rom? Especially a 219xx build?
Old 08-01-2010, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyflynn View Post
So far none of the tips or cabs I've found have gotten opera into my task list so I can switch to it or close it from there. Has anyone killed push internet and turned opera into a normal program as far as the task manager is concerned on an Energy Rom? Especially a 219xx build?
I have been using this...
as far as i can tell, it works
Attached Files
File Type: cab NoPushInternet_v2.CAB (59.5 KB, 25 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-01-2010, 02:07 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabassplayer View Post
so, we should use DATA CONTROLLER rather than ADVANCED CONFIGURATION is what I'm gathering...
Sorry, no that's not what I was trying to summarize, guess I didn't do a good job, let me try again... also remember... I don't think flyers would agree that this reg change has anything todo with my SOD's. But.. so far so good... also someone else many pages back didn't think it would help save battery... yet another did (strongly).. at this point, IMO it must, as your not keeping that internet connection on all the time..

* SAVE BATTERY & not be connected to the internet all the time
DATA timeout
/disconnect automatic: start, internet, data controller, menu, config connection timeouts
Internet) and set it to disconnect after 30 seconds of no use. Don't forget to reboot when prompted.
But that may cause your dialer answer/ignore slider to stick and may result in missed phone calls, as it changes your HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\SuspendResume key value to a GPRS setting. This key should be #777 for CDMA (sprint), use Total Commander to change it.
(Using the program Advanced Config can 'make the' above reg key 'incorrect' via using the program.. also, it's a great program you can use to modify tons of internal settings & registry keys easily .. such as default directory to save downloads to :>)), but you should ensure the above key is #777 if you're on CDMA after you use Advanced Config.

This is correctly stating my summary... but that doesn't mean it's correct. Please advise if I've misstated or anyone has additional input. THANKS

** DISREGARD THIS POST ** SEE THIS UPDATE
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=22244

Last edited by teradog; 08-03-2010 at 11:25 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Sorry, no that's not what I was trying to summarize, guess I didn't do a good job, let me try again... also remember... I don't think flyers would agree that this reg change has anything todo with my SOD's. But.. so far so good... also someone else many pages back didn't think it would help save battery... yet another did (strongly).. at this point, IMO it must as your not keeping that internet connection on all the time..

* SAVE BATTERY & not be connected to the internet all the time
DATA timeout
/disconnect automatic: start, internet, data controller, menu, config connection timeouts
Internet) and set it to disconnect after 30 seconds of no use. Don't forget to reboot when prompted.
But that may cause your dialer answer/ignore slider to stick and may result in missed phone calls, as it changes your HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\SuspendResume key value to a GPRS setting. This key should be #777 for CDMA (sprint), use Total Commander to change it.
(Using the program Advanced Config can 'make the' above reg key 'incorrect' via using the program.. also, it's a great program you can use to modify tons of internal settings & registry keys easily .. such as default directory to save downloads to :>)), but you should ensure the above key is #777 if you're on CDMA after you use Advanced Config.

This is correctly stating my summary... but that doesn't mean it's correct. Please advise if I've misstated or anyone has additional input. THANKS
Understood. Thank you for the clarification.

As far as using DATA CONTROLLER instead of Advanced Configuration, I was referring to this particular process (the timeout setting), as I am in total agreement with Advanced Configuration having many useful tweaks besides just this.

Never ceases to amaze me how much knowledge you can gain from this forum!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development