View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 01:07 PM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 30| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

RECAP & CONCLUSION: (?)

Originally Posted by mabbott
Configure the "Data controller" (found under Start -> Internet) and set it to disconnect after 30 seconds of no use. Don't forget to reboot when prompted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog
Bump... Tk'd u NICE!!, sick of always data connect.
start, internet, data controller, menu, config connection timeouts

Be careful doing this; it may cause your dialer answer/ignore slider to stick and may result in missed phone calls.C

It changes your HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\SuspendResume key value to a GPRS setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfox24 View Post
That is actually a GSM setting used to set suspend and resume for data connections when receiving a call. - If set wrong on a CMDA phone you wont be able to answer calls. It should be #777. If you use 'Advanced config' that came with the rom, it might change the setting on you.

Here is Microsoft's description - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc510499.aspx
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Glad he answered ya Teradog^^^^^^^...was just about to myself for that part......the part I was go on and on about is the SOD....
OK my results with this:
I went to the reg & sure enough it was wrong & had some text about GSM.. I changed it to #777 & .... wala, I haven't had the SOD (screen of death) yet! And I've got to be saving battery w/o that radio running all the time?! It's only been a couple of hours but so far so good. I'm not sure it should be called the SOD, as it really is only the fact that it's not coming out of sleep mode. (sleep screen (SS)? ha!)

flyers.. i'm also thinking this is helping with SOD... haven't had an issue for a couple hours.. I thought it was my overclocking script causing it..

Summary: It's OK to change the data disconnect to whatever (30sec), but then you need to change the reg key above also. This is suppose to reduce battery recharge need. Then all else is ok... no other issues..? Correct?

Last edited by teradog; 08-01-2010 at 01:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.