View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 02:16 PM
iowabassplayer
PPCGeeks Regular

iowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 30| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Sorry, no that's not what I was trying to summarize, guess I didn't do a good job, let me try again... also remember... I don't think flyers would agree that this reg change has anything todo with my SOD's. But.. so far so good... also someone else many pages back didn't think it would help save battery... yet another did (strongly).. at this point, IMO it must as your not keeping that internet connection on all the time..

* SAVE BATTERY & not be connected to the internet all the time
DATA timeout
/disconnect automatic: start, internet, data controller, menu, config connection timeouts
Internet) and set it to disconnect after 30 seconds of no use. Don't forget to reboot when prompted.
But that may cause your dialer answer/ignore slider to stick and may result in missed phone calls, as it changes your HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\SuspendResume key value to a GPRS setting. This key should be #777 for CDMA (sprint), use Total Commander to change it.
(Using the program Advanced Config can 'make the' above reg key 'incorrect' via using the program.. also, it's a great program you can use to modify tons of internal settings & registry keys easily .. such as default directory to save downloads to :>)), but you should ensure the above key is #777 if you're on CDMA after you use Advanced Config.

This is correctly stating my summary... but that doesn't mean it's correct. Please advise if I've misstated or anyone has additional input. THANKS
Understood. Thank you for the clarification.

As far as using DATA CONTROLLER instead of Advanced Configuration, I was referring to this particular process (the timeout setting), as I am in total agreement with Advanced Configuration having many useful tweaks besides just this.

Never ceases to amaze me how much knowledge you can gain from this forum!
This post has been thanked 1 times.