PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 02:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

wonderland130 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 30| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

thx a bunch~
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Ozone,Diam,Imagio,TPro2,Opt-S,EVO,3VO,E4GT
Carrier: Boost (CDMA)

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 30| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuShToKeR View Post
I never ran the provisioning before.... because my phone always did fine... IVE got the sprint HTC touch pro 2....But running it with a t-mobile sim card.... should i use provisioning for sprint since its A sprint phone? or just run without like i have been in the past.. Because there is no provision for tmobile? Is there?
If it's working I would leave it alone. You can try to swing by xda and ask for provisioning there. They have GSM flavor ROMs over there.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800 HTC Touch Pro

RaydogPR is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to RaydogPR

I cant seem to elimate Text message previews on my cht lockscreen, any ideas? Im on GTX 7-30-10 Rom

Last edited by RaydogPR; 07-31-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:54 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
a) leave yourself a voice mail and then go back in and delete it ... making sure that the voice mail icon clears, before you hang up
b) phone options, CDMA services, get settings, tap to clear voice mail messages
-boggsie
Tk'd u (not an issue with me, but appreciate the info)
FYI option b on 673 ROMs is: start (win key), settings, personal, phone, top right double arrows >> 2 times, tap voicemail, tap get settings button, tap clear

Last edited by teradog; 07-31-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:08 AM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

FYI: GOTO Homescreen quick & easy, sorry if someone post this somewhere else..
1. In NRG's ROMs just hit the win key & hit home... there's another way I recently discovered, if I don't want to try & hit touchscreen keys.
2. tap win key 2x quickly, (like it better than the back key as sometimes that closes the app & I want it left open (certain GPS progs.., etc..))

Last edited by teradog; 07-31-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SPRINT EPIC 4G
Carrier: BOOST MOBILE

latinlover515 is just getting started

on this new ROM it says that it has a FM radio app. for some reaon i reflashed this phone like 3 times even with task29 and no FM radio ICON shows at all. by the way my phone is a sprint HTC touch pro 2 running on boost.. any ideas??? or this only work on some carriers?
Old 07-31-2010, 11:15 AM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinlover515 View Post
on this new ROM it says that it has a FM radio app. for some reaon i reflashed this phone like 3 times even with task29 and no FM radio ICON shows at all. by the way my phone is a sprint HTC touch pro 2 running on boost.. any ideas??? or this only work on some carriers?
Above the 2nd top black bar, you'll see "Search this thread", click it, put in "FM radio" & READ. (not on CDMA... GSM devices only) 82 results in the search!!! (just this thread)

:>)) cutting you some slack as the search term FM is too short for search rules... so you end up getting tons of phone radio info.. also... doing task29 that many times shows great effort!! ha!
make sure you use the quotes: "FM radio"
Hope that helps... cheers

Last edited by teradog; 07-31-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:45 AM
VIP Member - Retired

Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jun 26| 21907|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabbott View Post
Configure the "Data controller" (found under Start -> Internet) and set it to disconnect after 30 seconds of no use. Don't forget to reboot when prompted.
Bump... Tk'd u NICE!!, sick of always data connect.
start, internet, data controller, menu, config connection timeouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maan76 View Post
... you need to disable the unnecessary services using memmaid or sktools .this is the solution , ...services is the key , I get to have more than 48 hours with regular use , and around 11 hours with heavy heavy use , on this great ROM just by disabling the services .
... bump & tk'd u Maan 76, Please advise which services you found best? "more than 48 hours.." huge declaration...

Last edited by teradog; 07-31-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:55 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
Hey guys,

I'm a long-time Diamond user (on NRG's ROM, of course), finally switched over to TP2. The updates here are definitely fast and furious! Not complaining, it's awesome.

The support you guys give in this forum is amazing. Thanks for doing such a good job. vBulletin search facilities aren't the best so I find most of my answers via Google's search (eg. "sprint keyboard fix site:forum.ppcgeeks.com" Works wonders!

Anyway, while my Diamond had major problems with internal storage, it seems the TP2 has major problems with program RAM. I'm using 21911_cookie_24.Jul and while the ROM itself is amazing, if I run a few apps like Opera, Google Maps, mail, RAM drops from 70mb down to 6mb within a few hours and never goes back up (even after exiting all apps). The GWES.EXE process seems to consume a large amount of RAM and doesn't release it. I realize this is probably a Sense/cookie issue rather than NRG's ROM so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

I've tried the "NoPushInternet" and "SSK TP2 Dynamic Resource Proxy" - neither had any observable effect. How are you guys dealing with the RAM issue? Are you just soft resetting regularly? I may try modifying the PagePool (but I trust NRG knows what he's doing with the current setting) For you guys running the 23673_cookie, do you see a similar problem?

I also have the slow mail "receiving headers" problem that's been mentioned by others. My conclusion is that it afflicts IMAP accounts only when the SD card is in the slot (my POP account works fine). Not sure why since mail is stored in the \WINDOWS\MESSAGING folder, not SD.

Well RAM is a somewhat of a different type of issue on the TP2....a lot of peeps see it as a memory leak....but Win caches a whole lot and releases it as needed....so basically what I am saying is if your phone is running fine there is no need to worry about the number....but if you do wanna release it immediately you can use memmaid, sktools or the many other apps that are out there....I myself on 6.5X builds feel no need to anymore....I have not used any of the clean up apps in ages...
Old 07-31-2010, 12:02 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Well RAM is a somewhat of a different type of issue on the TP2....a lot of peeps see it as a memory leak....but Win caches a whole lot and releases it as needed....so basically what I am saying is if your phone is running fine there is no need to worry about the number....but if you do wanna release it immediately you can use memmaid, sktools or the many other apps that are out there....I myself on 6.5X builds feel no need to anymore....I have not used any of the clean up apps in ages...
I agree... I hate that number that is attached to HTC TaskManager. All it does is panic people. Switch over to a 6.5.x build without HTC TM and you will forget all about it!

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development