View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 11:55 AM
flyers2114
ACSyndicate.net

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 30| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
Hey guys,

I'm a long-time Diamond user (on NRG's ROM, of course), finally switched over to TP2. The updates here are definitely fast and furious! Not complaining, it's awesome.

The support you guys give in this forum is amazing. Thanks for doing such a good job. vBulletin search facilities aren't the best so I find most of my answers via Google's search (eg. "sprint keyboard fix site:forum.ppcgeeks.com" Works wonders!

Anyway, while my Diamond had major problems with internal storage, it seems the TP2 has major problems with program RAM. I'm using 21911_cookie_24.Jul and while the ROM itself is amazing, if I run a few apps like Opera, Google Maps, mail, RAM drops from 70mb down to 6mb within a few hours and never goes back up (even after exiting all apps). The GWES.EXE process seems to consume a large amount of RAM and doesn't release it. I realize this is probably a Sense/cookie issue rather than NRG's ROM so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

I've tried the "NoPushInternet" and "SSK TP2 Dynamic Resource Proxy" - neither had any observable effect. How are you guys dealing with the RAM issue? Are you just soft resetting regularly? I may try modifying the PagePool (but I trust NRG knows what he's doing with the current setting) For you guys running the 23673_cookie, do you see a similar problem?

I also have the slow mail "receiving headers" problem that's been mentioned by others. My conclusion is that it afflicts IMAP accounts only when the SD card is in the slot (my POP account works fine). Not sure why since mail is stored in the \WINDOWS\MESSAGING folder, not SD.

Well RAM is a somewhat of a different type of issue on the TP2....a lot of peeps see it as a memory leak....but Win caches a whole lot and releases it as needed....so basically what I am saying is if your phone is running fine there is no need to worry about the number....but if you do wanna release it immediately you can use memmaid, sktools or the many other apps that are out there....I myself on 6.5X builds feel no need to anymore....I have not used any of the clean up apps in ages...