PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

rndchef is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 24| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkassassain View Post
I know this is off topic but since I only go on this form I might as well ask

What other ROM's do people like because this ROM is way way wayyy to buggy for me. I get so many freezes a day, at least 6, that most times I have to disable Sense and run Windows Default just to get thru the day

I have been using Maxsense for some time but just returned to Cookie and was surprised how buggy the new rom is. I have same need of resets throughout the day. This is not typical of NRGZ WM 6.5 roms. Some issues are my Start button doesn't work at times. The X button out of emails doesn't work at times as well and the SOD occurring.

I am going to hard reset and try again. I Task 29 always between flashes.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA UNLOCKED Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

LinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 24| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Is there a way to pull widgets from a loaded rom?
Old 07-29-2010, 11:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

Veezy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndchef View Post
I have been using Maxsense for some time but just returned to Cookie and was surprised how buggy the new rom is. I have same need of resets throughout the day. This is not typical of NRGZ WM 6.5 roms. Some issues are my Start button doesn't work at times. The X button out of emails doesn't work at times as well and the SOD occurring.

I am going to hard reset and try again. I Task 29 always between flashes.
I'm not sure if it's just me, but I haven't had any issues with the 23xxx GTX ROM. I had a single issue with not being able to get back to the home screen, and that was due to the facebook tab being a poorly made POS and not the ROM. No lock ups, no SODs, no random bugs. To be frank, the NGRZ ROMs are the only ones that have worked out of the box (besides having to do the carrior provisioning) with MMS and internet.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
Hope things go well for you and that you enjoy the new ROM, I think you will find it to be functional and very pleasing to the eyes.

I think we all need to remember that we need to soft reset these phones once in a while just like you would a computer and don't install a bunch of cabs if you can help it, these ROMs have lots of stuff installed already so very little is needed after the flash, plus you probably won't keep the same ROM on the phone very long anyways as NRG updates the ROMs very frequently, enjoy!
I use a program that soft resets the phone one a day (2am for me) this helps keep the O/S fresh and functional.
Attached Files
File Type: cab ResetSchedule.cab (42.4 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshpl View Post
tried searching but my screen stopped dimming when I am on the phone is there a cab fix for this?
Have you installed anything recently that would have changed you backlight settings?

Go to this area on your phone and adjust your settings to your liking: start>settings>system>power>back light and their you can adjust how long the screen stays bright and when it dims and all that so mess with those and adjust them.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearBurn View Post
Is there a way to pull widgets from a loaded rom?
I don't know exactly what you are trying to do, but I see that you cook your own ROM, are you trying to figure out something to pull from NRGs ROM and use on yours? You would probably be better off PMing him and asking him that question, plus if you are trying to use something from his ROM you might want to get permission from him first, I'm not saying you are trying to do any of this but if you are that's what I suggest.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

wakko69 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to wakko69 Send a message via Yahoo to wakko69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veezy View Post
I'm not sure if it's just me, but I haven't had any issues with the 23xxx GTX ROM. I had a single issue with not being able to get back to the home screen, and that was due to the facebook tab being a poorly made POS and not the ROM. No lock ups, no SODs, no random bugs. To be frank, the NGRZ ROMs are the only ones that have worked out of the box (besides having to do the carrior provisioning) with MMS and internet.
Yesterday my Phone wouldn't go back to the home screen and I about threw it into traffic, I'm on the latest GTX version Energy has dished out, I have added some cabs and tweaks with some other GTX skins, but it was very frustrating dealing with my phone at a time I wanted to go riding my motorcycle, I think has something to do with CHT or MS voice command.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshpl View Post
tried searching but my screen stopped dimming when I am on the phone is there a cab fix for this?
The metal earpiece is also a proximity sensor that turns the screen off during a call. If you have a case on your phone that keeps the sensor from touching your ear, the screen will stay lit and the digitizer will be active so anything that touches the screen will be like tapping on it.

Hope that helps.

David
Old 07-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo
Carrier: tmo

freshpl is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
Have you installed anything recently that would have changed you backlight settings?

Go to this area on your phone and adjust your settings to your liking: start>settings>system>power>back light and their you can adjust how long the screen stays bright and when it dims and all that so mess with those and adjust them.

before I would put the phone up to my face and it would dim automatically there is nothing obstructing the sensor and I have not installed anything it just stopped dimming
Old 07-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo
Carrier: tmo

freshpl is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
The metal earpiece is also a proximity sensor that turns the screen off during a call. If you have a case on your phone that keeps the sensor from touching your ear, the screen will stay lit and the digitizer will be active so anything that touches the screen will be like tapping on it.

Hope that helps.

David
i do have a case but it has been working thus far until today..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development