PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 10:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

galonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 10| 21908|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
the sense 2016 from the Leo rom does not have a keyboard so I think that plays a part in the quiks.

So I just be careful not to slide open keyboard when locked with CHT lockscreen.
Unlock first.
I mentioned that a few pages back but nobody seemed to notice so thank you for reinforcing what I though was the case.

David
Sorry, David, I was going to reply to you , but didn't get to it. It would be nice to use the CHT lockscreen, but if you use a holster like mine where the keyboard sometimes partially slides out when you take out the phone, you may end up needing a soft-reset if Sense decides to stop working. Like I said, using the WM lockscreen alleviates this, but it would just be nice to use the CHT lockscreen. I am just finishing up testing some different solutions and will report back.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Triny is a n00b
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 10| 21908|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Is there a list of the Apps that are installed as part of the different ROMs anywhere? I am insterested in the Energy Reference ROM but it says BASIC apps and i am not sure what these basic apps are? Also, am I correct in assuming that the apps that are part of the ROM cannot be unistalled?

Thanks and can't wait to flash my TP2 for the very first time!

Triny
Old 07-13-2010, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: VZN

tyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triny View Post
Is there a list of the Apps that are installed as part of the different ROMs anywhere? I am insterested in the Energy Reference ROM but it says BASIC apps and i am not sure what these basic apps are? Also, am I correct in assuming that the apps that are part of the ROM cannot be unistalled?

Thanks and can't wait to flash my TP2 for the very first time!

Triny
i am not sure about the first question as far as what comes with the ref. rom but you are correct that you can not remove cooked in programs
Old 07-13-2010, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Masterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good work

Hi, If I want to use an .xml file with xda_uc do I need to have a xml folder in the XDA_UC folder of do I just put the .xml file directly in the XDA_UC folder. For some reason I just cant get this to work. And for some other reason My sdconfig.txt stopped working about 2-3 releases ago but its alright I just wanna focus on getting the .xml working again.
Programs: PocketIRC, Total Commander, Sprint Arcsoft MMS, Mocha FTP, GCzII, Groovemobile, Dotfred Taskmgr, Resco Radio, Kbd Controller, Explorer ext., Opera Mobile, Opera Mini 5, Skyfire, Bing, Azgard Tower defense, Palm Heros
Old 07-13-2010, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

stevey5036 is keeping up the good workstevey5036 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
Minor issue: after installing 7/10 Dinik 23XXX ROM, my data connection was set to Sprint. I had run the verizon carrier provisioning, but I had to manually change the data provider to Verizon.
This has been happening to me on all of the standard cookie ROM's for the past few months.. I have had to go and reconfigure all data settings so that it shows up as VZW and not sprint.

Still having the issue with hanging up via bluetooth. If I change the data settings to disconnect after x amount of time, I then cannot answer the phone. So right now I am at a crossroads with the energy series, this is a big problem for me along with the data connection not being set up correctly after provisioning.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by galonzo View Post
Sorry, David, I was going to reply to you , but didn't get to it. It would be nice to use the CHT lockscreen, but if you use a holster like mine where the keyboard sometimes partially slides out when you take out the phone, you may end up needing a soft-reset if Sense decides to stop working. Like I said, using the WM lockscreen alleviates this, but it would just be nice to use the CHT lockscreen. I am just finishing up testing some different solutions and will report back.
Yeah, I know what you are talking about. I use a holster too and it has a cutout on the bottom that I stick my finger in to push the phone out. Sometimes the KB gets moved as you mentioned.
I have been using the stock WM lockscreen all along and on my phone (Sprint), I just hold down the end call hard key to bring up the menu to choose "lock phone".
One other thing I've also found is that with a holster with a magnetic closure, it can sometimes wake my phone up of the screen is facing the magnet side, so I always make sure I put the phone into the holster with the screen facing my belt.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium(international travel)/Arrive (US)

ldubin is a n00b

Great ROM, insanely fast (I was using stock till Sunday leave me alone...after 2 years I jumped).

I'm having issue with the Email and Reply vs Reply All left softbutton. Now before everyone jumps me, I used to have to hack this all the time so yes, ShowReplyAllEmailSK1=0 and yes, it stays 0 after a reboot... so I added a ShowReplyAllEmail=0 dword and sitll nutin

The setting for this moved in the ROM?
Old 07-13-2010, 01:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
the sense 2016 from the Leo rom does not have a keyboard so I think that plays a part in the quiks.
So I just be careful not to slide open keyboard when locked with CHT lockscreen.
Unlock first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I mentioned that a few pages back but nobody seemed to notice so thank you for reinforcing what I though was the case.
David
Quote:
Originally Posted by galonzo View Post
... It would be nice to use the CHT lockscreen, but if you use a holster like mine where the keyboard sometimes partially slides out when you take out the phone, you may end up needing a soft-reset if Sense decides to stop working. Like I said, using the WM lockscreen alleviates this, but it would just be nice to use the CHT lockscreen.....
My assumptions were mistaken...
as CHT lockscreen problem here, does not exist and is running perfectly on the "inferno rom"...
so it must be this rom as other roms don't all have this problem.

EDIT: that bleeding edge rom does not have mms working though.

Last edited by Maxx134; 07-13-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

kwazytazz is just getting started

Yeah CHT lockscreen problem for me also, I went back to S2U2 with the GTX theme from livven for the time being -__-

Handset: HTC Touch Pro2
ROM: Energy 23673 Sense 2.5 GTX Aug 1st
Old 07-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

badwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7 View Post
Hi, If I want to use an .xml file with xda_uc do I need to have a xml folder in the XDA_UC folder of do I just put the .xml file directly in the XDA_UC folder. For some reason I just cant get this to work. And for some other reason My sdconfig.txt stopped working about 2-3 releases ago but its alright I just wanna focus on getting the .xml working again.
just put the .xml in the folder.
btw the whole nrg xda_uc takes like 30 min for me.... is there a way to speed it up or should i just cab the xml files?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=562773

XDA_UC FAQ

The XDA_UC cooked in my ROMs is modified from the stock XDA_UC made by Noonski. Great addon, by the way... Noonski did a great job with this !

The version in my ROMs is trimmed down to fit the needs of my ROM series.

Some of the extra features are:

* It will copy shortcuts (.lnk files) found in \XDA_UC\Start Menu\ to the device's start menu folder (\windows\Start Menu) in the hierarchy that it finds on the storage card. For example: Let's say you have a navigation package on the storage card, like Navigon. If you make a shortcut to the navigon.exe file as Navigon.lnk and copy it to \XDA_UC\Start Menu\GPS\ as "Navigon.lnk" then on a fresh ROM install it will copy any shortcuts it finds there to the same location on the device, so it'll end up in \Windows\Start Menu\GPS\. This works for other folders on the Start Menu as well. Just put the shortcuts in \xda_uc\Start Menu\ in the folders you will like the shortcuts to appear to, on the device.

* It will copy a custom splash screen from \Storage Card\XDA_UC\welcomehead.192.png to \windows automatically and overwrite the one in the ROM.

* It will copy a custom Sense background found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\sense\wallpaper_sense.png to the device and set that wallpaper as default in Sense. So rename your wallpaper as "wallpaper_sense.png" and drop it in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\sense\ and on the next ROM flash that wallpaper will become your wallpaper in Sense.

Other than that XDA_UC works as designed by Noonski and it will do the following things:

* It will automatically import your PPCbackup (*.pib) file found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\

* It will install custom XDAS scripts found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\

* It will silently install CAB files found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\

* It will install special CAB files that require user input (such as Agreements or any type of prompt) found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\SD

* It will silently import REG files found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\

* It will silently install REG files found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\Exporter, as exported by my own Settings Exporter, ONLY if the "automatic" file is also present in that folder (and it most cases it should be, enable that option in the Settings Export application's menu)

* It will silently import XML files found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\

* It will silently import CER files (usually Exchange certificates) found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\

* It will silently run custom MSCR files found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\

That's it, but don't forget to checkout the Addons folder and look in the XDA_UC section for tips and tutorials on how to export your email/wifi settings and various little .reg and tweaks you can add to your XDA_UC collection.

As always don't forget to check what installs automatically before reporting a problem with the ROM. Most of the time, if you notice you have a problem that nobody else is experience is because one of the cabs you dropped in the XDA_UC folder is installing automatically while you don't even think about it.

Last edited by badwolf; 07-13-2010 at 01:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development