PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Telus

Papadopoulos is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 17| 21911|23569|23673 * Sense

Did 1 more test...I get my stock ROM up and running and when I try the install the MaxSenseUI, I get again into a black screen with TOUCH pro2 and NO red tags at the bottom right corner.

Again this time, I waited 15 minutes and nothing happened but my stock ROM works just fine. Anything else I must do to use that ROM ?

Thanks

Last edited by Papadopoulos; 07-21-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Masterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 17| 21911|23569|23673 * Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadopoulos View Post
Did 1 more test...I get my stock ROM up and running and when I try the install the MaxSenseUI, I get again into a black screen with TOUCH pro2 and NO red tags at the bottom right corner.

Again this time, I waited 15 minutes and nothing happened but my stock ROM works just fine. Anything else I must do to use that ROM ?

Thanks
Nope, it is the same process. Maybe you can try re-downloading the maxsense rom and flash it again.
Programs: PocketIRC, Total Commander, Sprint Arcsoft MMS, Mocha FTP, GCzII, Groovemobile, Dotfred Taskmgr, Resco Radio, Kbd Controller, Explorer ext., Opera Mobile, Opera Mini 5, Skyfire, Bing, Azgard Tower defense, Palm Heros
Old 07-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pmal19 is a n00b

I deleted my last post about this, hopefully somebody can help me out.

One little problem. The most annoying problem ever.

When I get a text message I have a button that shortcuts to tmail.exe (the default windows non-sense text messaging application). When I click on the person's name to read the text, the scrollbar scrolls all the way down to the last message. It then "opens" that message in this threaded view. Now the actual message is below the contact's name and timestamp, requiring me to scroll down to see the actual message.

example of threaded convo. I get a text, open tmail, and this is what I see:

Me:
Hello
Other:
Whatsup
Me: Nothing, you?
Other:
-----------------------------
(after I scroll down)
Hanging out

the --- line represents the bottom of the screen when I open this new text message even though it is open and the text is there, I still have to scroll down to see it.

Its almost as if I want the program to open the threaded conversation, open the text, and then scroll down. But instead, it is opening the threaded coversation, scrolling down, and then opening the message without compensating down to view the actual message.

I hope this is somewhat clear.... it seems like this might be one of those settings on some advanced config tool under some "scroll threaded messages to bottom always" -like category.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

jamal33 is keeping up the good workjamal33 is keeping up the good work

does anyone know why the phone keeps coming back to the main screen all of a sudden? it has happen several times using the last two or three NRGZ cookie.dink roms (Sense 2.5)

It is becoming very annoying - wondering if anyone else experience this?
I would be in the middle of writing a text message and all of sudden it closes out and goes back to the main screen ( then i have to retype my message) also it happen while using Bing, browsing through file explorer, and using iGo8

I always task29, install new rom, and hard reset again in case anyone thinks i should re-flash.

thanks in advance!

Last edited by jamal33; 07-21-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
does anyone know why the phone keeps coming back to the main screen all of a sudden? it has happen several times using the last two or three NRGZ cookie.dink roms (Sense 2.5)

I would be in the middle of writing a text message and all of sudden it closes out and goes back to the main screen ( then i have to retype my message) also it happen while using Bing, browsing through file explorer, and using iGo8

I always task29, install new rom, and hard reset again in case anyone thinks i should re-flash.

thanks in advance!
possibly closes the app automatically for lack of memory?

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D

Last edited by No1ustad; 07-21-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadopoulos View Post

Thanks
I would try and run the unlocker again because it sounds like the phones not unlocked and make sure you're using the right unlocker, the stock ROM .exe doesn't require the phone to be unlocked to flash it and you're not having an issue flashing to it.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:48 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

thanks in advance!
Are you installing a lot of cabs after you flash because like was said before it sounds like your programs are closing and returning to the home tab because you're running out of memory.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

thanks in advance!

i have this same problem, it seems a few others had it as well but it went away for them (infobox). Some other dude said he also had it on june 16th CHT. For me personally, it has started to go away, i see it less, but its still there sometimes.

running 237xx Cookie btw

i dont think its an memory issue? I've closed down all my programs after i use them using ameba, i only have the tmail.exe and arkswittch ever open during standy

EDIT: also, they do not CLOSE. they only go into the background and u are back at the homescreen. if u click arkswitch, they will still be open

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"
Old 07-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd

T-Bob - I had the same issue and reloaded and still had the issue. I had some registry entries from days gone by that I was still reloading each time, including backlight control. I stopped doing that and now am just using cookie editor settings export, and Energy settings export and I can restore most of my settings and backlight control sticks where I set it. Not sure which registry setting was mucking it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
I am having a minor issue I hope someone can help me with. I am running the July 16 cookie 21911. I like to set the backlight to dim automatically after 1 minute when on battery power (start->settings->system->power->backlight->dim backlight if device is not used for: ). However, the setting has been reverting on its own to 10 seconds. I change it to 1 minute and it changes back to 10 seconds repeatedly. Not sure what I am missing or doing wrong, but if anyone has a fix for this issue I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks

Be sure to thank me IF I help .............................
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd

I'm on Cookie (various flavors, but always Sense 2.5). I've had no problem with this. I'm logged into Facebook and go into my contacts (Sense tab - All people - Edit - click picture). I pick the Facebook pic and all works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7 View Post
well ironic as it may sound xda just featured a program to write facebook profile data to an outlook contact. Time to go test it out.

http://www.xda-developers.com/window...th-socialsync/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development