PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23518/21889 |Jan 20| ★ Sense 2.5 / MaxManila ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.7 (Windows Mobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35432; U; en) Presto/2.2.1)

Can anyone comment on whether or not the new Jan 20 ROM has the weather demo option on the home screen or weather tab? It was there on Dec 31, but taken out on Jan 14. I want it back.
yes it's there on the 1-20 roms,on home screen menu if you select landscape all tabs it will take you to the weather demo,if you want to change the landscape wallpaper do it from settings tab

Old 01-23-2010, 11:55 AM
mp1
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

mp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuff

I am having problems with my phone NOT Ringing on incoming calls. When set to vibrate or vibrate/ring, I get the vibration but no ringing. I just started noticing this in the last 3 Rom releases (beginning Dec 31). Sometimes it comes back after multiple soft resets, but will again cut out.

That issue made both Jan. 20th releases unusable for me. I just went all the way back to Dec. 31 28011 and having the same problem.

I have the 2.23wu radio and use Sashimi to install the following:
Coreplayer; Dan ##codes, Mem-maid, D3D Drivers, GSM to CDMA sms fix, Sprint MMS Fix, Mr. X Sprint PRL, Mr. X Sprint cab, Myphone 1.6.21040, NoPushInternet, Opera Mobile10 beta2u, SPB Backup, Sprint Keyboard Fix , SSK.TP2.DynamicResource, TouchlockPro, TP2-Batt.cab, Ziggy471 USCC Rilphone.

I have tried the usual flash to stock, hard resets, install one cab at a time trouble shooting methods with no solution.

Any help or suggestions? Thanks!
Old 01-23-2010, 12:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero/ Touch Pro 2

momosman is a n00b
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

Hi, noobie here. Well... sorta. Anywayz I've been flashing since the raph came on the scene and I gotta say that this is the sickest rom I've ever used. On the other hand, I'm one of those weird people that actually like SprintTv. If you could please make a cab for that, I'll be and energy rom user for life...Or at least until you stop makin them. I'm definitely droppin some beer money to show my appreciation. SprintTv cab please.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by momosman View Post
Hi, noobie here. Well... sorta. Anywayz I've been flashing since the raph came on the scene and I gotta say that this is the sickest rom I've ever used. On the other hand, I'm one of those weird people that actually like SprintTv. If you could please make a cab for that, I'll be and energy rom user for life...Or at least until you stop makin them. I'm definitely droppin some beer money to show my appreciation. SprintTv cab please.
the challenge with sprint tv is it really works flawlessly with the stock rom and was intended for sprint specific roms. Even on custom sprint roms, it's hit or miss whether it will work properly. have you tried any cabs up to this point? I have one that works but is buggy on another rom and would be happy to post but can't guarantee it will work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Telus

larry6667 is becoming a great contributor
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23518/21885 |Jan 14| ★ Sense 2.5 / MaxManila ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
Yeah, I don't have any ROM installed yet, but I like to look at the newest latest and greatest, and I already looked at 15pgs of just the Jan 20th ROM.

These pages need to be cleaned after so many ROM updates. If 10 new ones are posted, chances are, that no one is using a Dec ROM, or prob even an early Jan ROM.

There really is no need for 715pgs. This is something that obviously makes people go...

If we are talking 15pgs and counting after one update, this thing will be up to 1,000 pages for no reason. It just makes things MUCH easier to look at. There should be some kind of cut off to where they start fresh. Maybe updates after a month are gone, and a new one starts in February. Or maybe after X amount of updates it gets a clean start.

We have posts that state Oct 25th ROM release, and a post date of 10-30-09. OCTOBER POSTS? Really? Highly doubt any of those are necessary.

I think it is time to CLEAN HOUSE.

Just my opinion

I agree, all relevant question with undoubtfully be asked again and again. It is the Noob way But 715 pages is small compare to some.
Most questions can be answered just by looking at the attached files of the thread. Well the most asked questions anyway.

Last edited by larry6667; 01-23-2010 at 12:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:27 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry6667 View Post
I agree, all relevant question with undoubtfully be asked again and again. It is the Noob way But 715 pages is small compare to some.

You all do realize that posts have dates on them right?

You can choose to read whatever time period you like.

The benefit to history is: If you are having a problem or looking to do something, odds are someone else has done it before. Search...

It is best when solutions are easily identified. That is somethign I would recommend as an addition to "Thanks".
Old 01-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XDA Exec
Carrier: At&T

BatMan01 is a n00b

I tried 20 Jan Max verision and had problems so I've dropped back to 17 Dec Dusk version. Is it possible to get the conversation option for Outlook as a CAB update?

Awesome work, Thanks....
Old 01-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
Yeah, I don't have any ROM installed yet, but I like to look at the newest latest and greatest, and I already looked at 15pgs of just the Jan 20th ROM.

These pages need to be cleaned after so many ROM updates. If 10 new ones are posted, chances are, that no one is using a Dec ROM, or prob even an early Jan ROM.

There really is no need for 715pgs. This is something that obviously makes people go...

If we are talking 15pgs and counting after one update, this thing will be up to 1,000 pages for no reason. It just makes things MUCH easier to look at. There should be some kind of cut off to where they start fresh. Maybe updates after a month are gone, and a new one starts in February. Or maybe after X amount of updates it gets a clean start.

We have posts that state Oct 25th ROM release, and a post date of 10-30-09. OCTOBER POSTS? Really? Highly doubt any of those are necessary.

I think it is time to CLEAN HOUSE.

Just my opinion
People, people, people!

Don't you see that its important for ROMs with this much history to have long threads? The reason the threads are long is because it shows how far the ROMs have come and helps you understand the ROM itself! I started flashing on the TP1 and read through the threads I was interested in BEFORE flashing. It took foreverrrrr but I did it. And when I got a TP2 I read through this forum which was already pretty massive.
Even though they were long its important to understand what youre doing before you do it. Lets take for instance the simple problem of inverted keys on certain keyboards (Sprint specifically), is there any reason for there to be 100 of posts asking about how to fix the keyboard issue when a simple search in almost any custom ROM forum will show you how to fix it (this one especially since theres around 10 posts with the fix cab attatched)?

I sometimes fall into asking a question thats been answered already so I cant point fingers but some of the questions asked here are just plain silly. Ive seen posts with the same question asked a few posts after the answer has been shown!

Im no expert at these things but all Im asking is for people to try a search before posting a question, take a look at the paperclip before asking for a cab. Itll cut down on your time getting your phone working the way you want it to and itll cut down on thread length.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G 3D
Carrier: sprint

sec1rxg is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by netengineer View Post
I am running the 21889 version Jan 20th and I keep getting lock ups. I am going to try cleanram app and see if that helps. I have everything else (SMS/MMS) been an issue, working fine. My main issue is with the actual phone. I sometimes can’t hang up on a call. When I am able to it takes about 10 sec to disconnect. Same issue whether I am using my Bluetooth headset or just the phone itself. This has only been a problem in the last 2 builds. I also use Microsoft Voice Command and that doesn’t work too well either. This issue also was going on well before I installed voice command. Any ideas on what to do to fix it? I am about to just scrap it all and try a different ROM. (THOUGH WAY LAST RESORT) lol

Edit: I did the cleanram thing and it cleaned fine. As I was typing it locked up again. Had 6 lockups today. Usally happens when I open a txt message. Not using HTC messaging, the old style. Just says "loading message" at the bottome when I open the message.
Youre right in just dumping it all and try someting new, WM Build 21889 is one hot mess, very unstable. I did what I could to make this rom work change the PagePool, install diff clean ram apps, running stock and nothing workings. Now WM 23518 on the hand runs great for the exception of a few graphic gliches and that awful WM volume control panel (ugly) & taking pictures freezes the phone, needs to be fixed. other than that battery has a reasonable 12-16 hour life, battery does not get hot like it does with the 21xxx ROMs but best of all its very responsive and reliable, Kudos to NRG best work yet. Keep your ear to the ground for that camera lockup fix/patch. BTW im using the JAN_20_23518_LEO_MAXMANILA
Old 01-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

P.S.

I have Sprint, my sms/mms works fine, there is a memory problem with these roms on the tp2, its well known (personal theory: since these roms are NOT meant to be on our phones as the TP2 does not have these stock, the memory issue is due to the phones that they are meant to be on having better equipment), I have very few if any lockups and none when opening sms, my battery lasts over a day with light use (I just had streaming music going for approx. 2 hrs and used only 50% battery). I dont have any major issues making my phone unusable so if you are its probably not the ROM. This thread is big because there are alot of users and there are alot of users because this ROM works.

If youre having issues thats making your phone unusable try a hard reset, DO NOT install the regular cabs you install without thinking about it. Start with the necessities. Try the MMS fix first if you need it. If it works move on to the next cab/fix. Dont install your pleasure cabs until after the phone is working properly. That will get you a fully functioning ROM that you can take home and wow your friends with I guarantee it!*

*Guarantee not valid anywhere, ever!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development