View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Mazzakre
Halfway to VIP Status

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23518/21885 |Jan 14| ★ Sense 2.5 / MaxManila ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
Yeah, I don't have any ROM installed yet, but I like to look at the newest latest and greatest, and I already looked at 15pgs of just the Jan 20th ROM.

These pages need to be cleaned after so many ROM updates. If 10 new ones are posted, chances are, that no one is using a Dec ROM, or prob even an early Jan ROM.

There really is no need for 715pgs. This is something that obviously makes people go...

If we are talking 15pgs and counting after one update, this thing will be up to 1,000 pages for no reason. It just makes things MUCH easier to look at. There should be some kind of cut off to where they start fresh. Maybe updates after a month are gone, and a new one starts in February. Or maybe after X amount of updates it gets a clean start.

We have posts that state Oct 25th ROM release, and a post date of 10-30-09. OCTOBER POSTS? Really? Highly doubt any of those are necessary.

I think it is time to CLEAN HOUSE.

Just my opinion
People, people, people!

Don't you see that its important for ROMs with this much history to have long threads? The reason the threads are long is because it shows how far the ROMs have come and helps you understand the ROM itself! I started flashing on the TP1 and read through the threads I was interested in BEFORE flashing. It took foreverrrrr but I did it. And when I got a TP2 I read through this forum which was already pretty massive.
Even though they were long its important to understand what youre doing before you do it. Lets take for instance the simple problem of inverted keys on certain keyboards (Sprint specifically), is there any reason for there to be 100 of posts asking about how to fix the keyboard issue when a simple search in almost any custom ROM forum will show you how to fix it (this one especially since theres around 10 posts with the fix cab attatched)?

I sometimes fall into asking a question thats been answered already so I cant point fingers but some of the questions asked here are just plain silly. Ive seen posts with the same question asked a few posts after the answer has been shown!

Im no expert at these things but all Im asking is for people to try a search before posting a question, take a look at the paperclip before asking for a cab. Itll cut down on your time getting your phone working the way you want it to and itll cut down on thread length.