PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 13| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

alright, I'll take the beating for posting this. but running 28244 cht2f 11/13....after flash and compact start menu was at 85mb free---very, very nice. with the speed and smoothness (batti is on par with the rest of the builds IMO) i decided to install the free touchexperience (it is not free with NO support) after unchecking sense with animated wallpaper running----105mb free and it is smoking fast. Just have to get used to the UI but much much much better than the original release of TE...give it a shot---easy uninstall if you don't like it
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:10 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 13| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkoopa View Post
Ok, I'm going to ask it. Before I did all this ROMing around, my phone was 3G. It had nice, fast data speeds and a little 3G icon where it now says EV. After I started getting these awesome ROMS, I noticed it was slightly slower internet and the 3G icon was gone. I can change my phone band settings all I want, but no increase in speed...and no 3G icon. I also got the Xerxes Enable 36 Icon reg fix, but still no 3G icon. Should I even be concerned? It's acceptable speed, but its not what it was, and it doesn't show that it's 3G.
I love this latest 28244 Build, but I have one more gripe. Everything looks bigger? Text is the same size, but icons and drop down menus, and for example, the Facebook tab is bigger. I have a picture attached to show what I'm talking about.
Speaking of Facebook tab, that reminds me of another question i have: I have 13 contacts linked to facebook people, but only 7 people only show up. Is there a reason for that?
Well for the 3G issue, You WILL know if its 3G or 1X trust me 1X is slower than a turtle. As for the Facebook linking is this happening right after you flashed the rom or has it been up and running for awhile? You also might wanna try installing a custom task bar and see if that solves your icon issue's, just make sure you grab one for GSM not CDMA (they are different)!

Good Luck!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10

Last edited by ooxteme; 11-15-2010 at 12:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

eazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
Well flashing stock as actually better than task29. Flashing stock does a task28 which is one more step that 29 doesn't do. But if you are doing a full backup and full restore then you are putting old files/reg strings and what not back into the new rom which causes problems. Your best bet for backing up is to do just your contacts/email/texts and use XDA_UC or Sashimi to restore installed programs!

i would never install old files on a new rom.. all i restore is e-mail/contacts/documents/etc.. I just finished and there was deff an issue with the rom file or something else. but ther eis also a problem with the memory management. on the nov rom i had a 20pp and saw 185 total free memory, on this rom with a 20pp i see 183, the rom is deff not as snappy as the nov8th rom but is stil lmuch better than what i had going on this morning.

I may even consider flashing back to the nov 8th rom then doing an upgrade to cookie 2.0F.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:26 PM
I MADE IT!!!

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP

Well.... Ya well i got nothin!!!! LOL
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2 Vindows plutonium Rom
Carrier: sprint

cganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkoopa View Post
Ok, I'm going to ask it. Before I did all this ROMing around, my phone was 3G. It had nice, fast data speeds and a little 3G icon where it now says EV. After I started getting these awesome ROMS, I noticed it was slightly slower internet and the 3G icon was gone. I can change my phone band settings all I want, but no increase in speed...and no 3G icon. I also got the Xerxes Enable 36 Icon reg fix, but still no 3G icon. Should I even be concerned? It's acceptable speed, but its not what it was, and it doesn't show that it's 3G.
I love this latest 28244 Build, but I have one more gripe. Everything looks bigger? Text is the same size, but icons and drop down menus, and for example, the Facebook tab is bigger. I have a picture attached to show what I'm talking about.
Speaking of Facebook tab, that reminds me of another question i have: I have 13 contacts linked to facebook people, but only 7 people only show up. Is there a reason for that?

did you have wmlonglife installed before you flashed to the new rom? did you happen to un-install wmlonglife before you flashed the new rom?

if your network is stuck at 1x , its mainly because of not uninstalling wmlonglife carefully. task29 DOESNOT clear it, you would have to hard-reset the phone (not wipe device either), to get back the EV/3G mode back.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

Agentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydude View Post
have you flashed already?
any thoughts on the same?
what is the free ram?
I have yet to flash to the new titanium. I am sitting back waiting for reviews. I like how my phone runs right now and do not want to switch to a ROM that will give me problems lol. Right now I am fighting with myself over going with the 21916 or the 28244. I still get around 115MB free RAM fresh boot and never dip below 100 even after 3 days without a reset. Love titanium with SPB and panel menu. There are a few bugs that bother me on the old titanium i am running but not sure if they are bothersome enough to make me start over. I really dig batticlock or whatever its called so i dont care if the battery issue has been fixed or not. Decisions... decisions...

The thing that turns me away from 28244 is that when I used the version with start on the bottom the keyboard icon would overlap SPB bottom buttons. That and less RAM available with that version lol. Not sure why I need over 100 MB free but it is nice to have.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:52 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentz919 View Post
I have yet to flash to the new titanium. I am sitting back waiting for reviews. I like how my phone runs right now and do not want to switch to a ROM that will give me problems lol. Right now I am fighting with myself over going with the 21916 or the 28244. I still get around 115MB free RAM fresh boot and never dip below 100 even after 3 days without a reset. Love titanium with SPB and panel menu. There are a few bugs that bother me on the old titanium i am running but not sure if they are bothersome enough to make me start over. I really dig batticlock or whatever its called so i dont care if the battery issue has been fixed or not. Decisions... decisions...

The thing that turns me away from 28244 is that when I used the version with start on the bottom the keyboard icon would overlap SPB bottom buttons. That and less RAM available with that version lol. Not sure why I need over 100 MB free but it is nice to have.
Gotta love the way you think! Reminds me of someone I know!! :>)) ..still on 681!!! At this rate I may have to purchase SPB!! LOL

Actually today I may upgrade to 28244, Titanium, OC, drivers, etc..

Funny, middle of night last night, switched back on Sense with Cookie... OMG you never know the crap you put up with until it's gone for a while.. Right off the bat it took me into the 50's for free RAM??!! Of course that's not the final Cookie 2 but wowsers, talk about slow also?! Haven't read much yet, but am guessing loading up on the "state" icons/wizards probably creates a bunch of polling & stuff, using up battery and draining RAM... my guess..

So, yea with you Agentz.. not sure want to leave near perfection, speed, NEVER a SOD, 100+ MB of RAM always, no menu lags ever, etc.., etc.., etc..

Also, you gotta run uZard if your not... WAY better (speed also) than what it replaced (skyfire.. dead). Have to do more testing, but it seems like it's blowing away Opera as well?! Skycarp never did that... too much of a delay btwn their servers & TP2... more testing needed. What I don't get.. why does it seem faster then turning on turbo in Opera?! Same thing essentially...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:57 PM
I MADE IT!!!

He's BACK!!!!!! so how was the hunt???????
Old 11-15-2010, 01:04 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Spent 1/3 of the day driving through blizzard Sterger.. 27 mph to South Dakota pheasant country.. 40 cars in ditch, a head on, etc.. etc.. Needless to say had the fields to myself! Good hunting :>)) spineless cowards.. scared off my a little blizzard...

Have you been using uZard then (from your skyfire thread?)... thoughts?
What ROM are you on? Speed huh? What's your RAM @ after it settles? You on SPB today or C2 final?

Your results will determine my flash... or not...
Old 11-15-2010, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

Agentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Spent 1/3 of the day driving through blizzard Sterger.. 27 mph to South Dakota pheasant country.. 40 cars in ditch, a head on, etc.. etc.. Needless to say had the fields to myself! Good hunting :>)) spineless cowards.. scared off my a little blizzard...

Have you been using uZard then (from your skyfire thread?)... thoughts?
What ROM are you on? Speed huh? What's your RAM @ after it settles? You on SPB today or C2 final?

Your results will determine my flash... or not...
Flashing to titanium 28244 right now, will let you know how it goes. Think i am going to leave it at 18 PP (default) instead of going with 16 (which is my current rom). I am pretty sure SPB has spoiled me, I dont even care to try out the final cookie. I figure if I dont like this version I can always go back to the old one

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development