PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2010, 01:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 8| 21916|24634 * Sense 2018

it is the prl capability now set at zero and in disable state ##778# to view prl settings
Old 09-11-2010, 02:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Phone is having crazy amounts of SODs and constant freezing (SMS comes through- screen turns on, can't do anything)

Signs of a dying/failing processor?
Old 09-11-2010, 06:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul,TP, TP II, EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

robysch22 is just getting started

I have the HTC touch pro to and I am with sprint.
I used the Standard 'Energy' rom for 5 month or so.
Now lately I installed a couple to many progs and decided to try out another rom.
(One issue that I came across was that writing SMS and getting some @ the same tame was impossible, device would process the incoming sms and meanwhile I could not write any)
When I tried to flush to another rom I got the Error 244 Wrong device ID as the error message
So currently I can only flush Sprint original stock rom and the energy roms posted here all other roms give me the 244 error
Also in my windows mobile device center my device was in there as touch pro 2 7373
((Which looks to me like that is a European version)) .
Did somebody run into same issue after using one of this roms?

Last edited by robysch22; 09-11-2010 at 06:32 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
unable to change my prl can anyone help out i loaded the new sprint radio but still unable to make any prl changes i want to change the prl registry line 3 now in disable state and line 4th now set at zero can anyone point out how or were to find this registry settings please
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
it is the prl capability now set at zero and in disable state ##778# to view prl settings
I might not understand what you are doing, but i explained before that if you used that sprint prl/profile cab that i uploaded that you could use that to update your profile/prl from that, any reason you are trying to do it another way instead of using that cab to install and run the program?
Old 09-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post
Phone is having crazy amounts of SODs and constant freezing (SMS comes through- screen turns on, can't do anything)

Signs of a dying/failing processor?
i seriously doubt that your phone/processor is dying, look at how many times the Chefs flash there own roms, i would imagine that you should be able to flash thousands of times with no problems so it's probably something that got installed or a bad flash, i wouldn't worry about it and just flash another rom or redownload and flash the same rom again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by robysch22 View Post
I have the HTC touch pro to and I am with sprint.
I used the Standard 'Energy' rom for 5 month or so.
Now lately I installed a couple to many progs and decided to try out another rom.
(One issue that I came across was that writing SMS and getting some @ the same tame was impossible, device would process the incoming sms and meanwhile I could not write any)
When I tried to flush to another rom I got the Error 244 Wrong device ID as the error message
So currently I can only flush Sprint original stock rom and the energy roms posted here all other roms give me the 244 error
Also in my windows mobile device center my device was in there as touch pro 2 7373
((Which looks to me like that is a European version)) .
Did somebody run into same issue after using one of this roms?
so are you saying you have a TP2 or not? if you do then great you are in the right spot, but if you don't then you are trying to flash a rom onto your phone that won't work, this rom is only for the CDMA version of a TP2.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

exautt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Works fine for me.

Care to elaborate a bit more? My mind reading is a bit off after the jumbo margarita I just drank.

Maybe you can tell us exactly what your problem with the music tab is and maybe even which rom/version/date you are running.

A little more info will make it easier for us to help you solve your problem.

David
What i meant was, the music player tab in the latest rom "gtx flavor" on my Verizon HTC TP2 does not display any of the music on my micro sd. prior releases found the music/podcasts without problem and pretty instantly. this however will not see anything no matter what i do. i have to go to windows media player, then have that scan for content every time something new gets added.
im asking what could have caused this and what i can do to resolve this. if i left any other info out i apologize. let me know if more info is needed.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
i seriously doubt that your phone/processor is dying, look at how many times the Chefs flash there own roms, i would imagine that you should be able to flash thousands of times with no problems so it's probably something that got installed or a bad flash, i wouldn't worry about it and just flash another rom or redownload and flash the same rom again.

I'm only worried because I've been overclocking- I've actually lowered the clock speed but it's still like this
Old 09-11-2010, 12:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mrtomaso is keeping up the good workmrtomaso is keeping up the good work

Originally Posted by swlaraut
Quote:
Just wanted to thank you (and thanked) for the info. I didn't have a sim card, so I ordered a 1.50 one on a ebay. It came today, I dropped it in and it works perfect . Thanks a bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Good to hear you got it working... re. the SIM... Some things are too amazing.. you don't happen to have that link do you? I gotta see this.
I flashed back to a july energy rom I still had. ICS is once again fully functional. I've also tried two other roms and ICS works fine with them too.

However, once you get used to the best; it is hard to go back.

It seems either the version of ICS is different or something else. I also tried the suggested change in advanced config settings and that didn't work either.

Any other suggestions, other then buying a sim card for a phone that otherwise doesn't need one?
Old 09-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post
I'm only worried because I've been overclocking- I've actually lowered the clock speed but it's still like this
yeah i understand where you are coming from, but i was just trying to point out that flashing and overclocking and all that fun stuff is going to take a long time before we see any degradation to our phones they are made to last a while, and if something does go wrong with it then that's why i pay for insurance lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development