PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

oehwarieme is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jun 22| 21907|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

can you view your text messages in the original windows mobile view ?
Old 06-24-2010, 02:12 PM
AB_
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

AB_ is becoming a great contributor
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jun 22| 21907|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

This is the problem with the Twitter Tab I'm having. So disappointing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKrs5poo358&fmt=22
Old 06-24-2010, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

btstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlesj View Post
yeah I have been. it hangs at Launching Sense... and then after like 5 minutes it says unable to start Sense, tap here to try again and I can't do anything. I've never had this problem before. Also every few restarts trying to get it to work I get the clock outline and thats it it just hangs.
Mine just started doing this too; running the latest Cookie version (June 22).
Old 06-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

ehanhan is just getting started

Cookie 1.8.5.1 still does this to me. 1.8 and 1.8.5 did this as well.

When I edit a home page, for example the main one with my clock, when I switch my clock style and hit "done" nothing happens. I have to hit cancel and when I am on the screen where I can drag and re-arrange elements I hit cancel or done again and then the clock change takes place.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

mackdaddy1 is a n00b

Can someone please tell me if I can use magicall software with this latest Energy Rom? Thanks
Old 06-24-2010, 04:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

JulieB is becoming a great contributor

I've come across an odd issue with 23569/MaxSense. Email doesn't work. Doesn't even start. And it locks MaxSense. I get a blank screen with the home and menu buttons, but nothing happens when I tap. I can get back to the start menu with the Windows key on the phone.

I'll have to flash back to a previous version. No mail is a critical issue for me. The rest of the ROM looks good and seems fairly responsive.

ETA: There's a fix in the XDA thread referenced on the first page.

Last edited by JulieB; 06-24-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

eddieyee is keeping up the good workeddieyee is keeping up the good work

I just do it thru mortscript instead. I run this separately after the XDA_UC, but I think you can copy a mortscript into the XDA_UC folder and it will execute it... Here is an example mortscript:

mysettings.mscr
==============

Vibrate(1000)
Copy( "\Storage Card\Settings\ygoservice.db", "\Application Data\HTC\ygo\ygoservice.db", TRUE )
Copy( "\Storage Card\Settings\nanogroove\ng.cfg", "\Application Data\nanoGroove\ng.cfg", TRUE )
Delete("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\iGuidance Launcher.lnk")

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleAbuse View Post
I am trying to get XDA_UC to copy a couple files and I cant seem to get it to work. I cant figure out what is going wrong. The are .reg files and the first one is labeled. AutoShortCut.reg and the second FileCopy.reg Here is what I have in them. I used notepad to edit them. Is there some setting or file I am missing. I simply created the files and put them in the XDA_UC folder. Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\XDA\AutoShortCut]
"\\Windows\\Start Menu\\Programs\\GPS\\IGo8.lnk"="\\Storage Card\\IGO8\\iGO8.exe"

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\XDA\FileCopy]
"\\Windows\\Rings\\NICKANI.WAV"="\\Storage Card\\Ringtones\\NICKANI.WAV"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\XDA\FileCopy]
"\\Windows\\Rings\\RINGDING.MP3"="\\Storage Card\\Ringtones\\RINGDING.MP3"

Last edited by eddieyee; 06-24-2010 at 05:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

raptorjet22 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
Yes, its strange. I've run Sprint provisioning. I have a SERO plan and a TP2. Running an NRG rom (although not the latest due to stability issues, May 11 Cookie has been ROCK solid for me so I havent bothered). I installed the Sprint TV cab from MR X's thread (2nd or 3rd page in his thread). After I installed it worked, I tried it again a week later or so and I notice that once I open the App, it just sits there on "Sprint TV" i double click it but nothing happens, nothing when I click on Sprint Radio or Premium Channels either. Ive tried it numerous times...

On a secondary note, there was not a lot of complaints about freezing and stability before/around May 11 release. I have had no issues with May 11 and it runs great. In fact, it seemed more stable than even the Stock rom I had before. Because of this, I have resisted installing one of the new builds because all I see is a flood of complaints about stability and so forth (some due to CHT issues not attributed to NRG).

I think I speak for everyone when I say that while we all love NRG rom and its features/looks, basic stability and reliability are still a #1 priority for a phone. I would never sacrifice stability/usability for eye candy or the novelty of some minor new features.

Keep up the good work but please! Stability #1 !
I've run into the Sprint TV issue with the recent releases as well. I'm using the Sprint TV + Navigation with the Sense tabs made for Mighty ROMs by MordyT and vin255764. They're the latest versions that were included in the stock Sprint ROM.

I have noticed that you can push the buttons if you open the keyboard and touch the screen in Landscape mode. You can also navigate and select an option using the arrows and enter keys on the keyboard.

I haven't had any freezing and stability issues with the June 22 Cookie 23569 ROM. I do have the issue with CHT Editor where it will not relaunch Sense when you select to apply the new settings. It's minor, and I can get around it by manually restarting Sense. I'm pretty happy with this ROM now.

Last edited by raptorjet22; 06-24-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorjet22 View Post
I've run into the Sprint TV issue with the recent releases as well. I'm using the Sprint TV + Navigation with the Sense tabs made for Mighty ROMs by MordyT and vin255764. They're the latest versions that were included in the stock Sprint ROM.

I have noticed that you can push the buttons if you open the keyboard and touch the screen in Landscape mode. You can also navigate and select an option using the arrows and enter keys on the keyboard.

I haven't had any freezing and stability issues with the June 22 Cookie 23569 ROM. I do have the issue with CHT Editor where it will not relaunch Sense when you select to apply the new settings.
Wow, ya in landscape it works fine. Interesting... And to whose attention should this be addressed to get a cab that actually works? Mr. X? Mighty Rom folx? Anyone known for their Sprint cabs?

I'm surprised more people have not noticed this and complained about it. I never use Sprint TV but recently attempted to use it to watch some USA World Cup play.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Achristocat is keeping up the good workAchristocat is keeping up the good work

Hey all. Love the ROM but seem to have a few - not catastrophic - but irksome issues:

1) Battery life is merely OK. Full chagre last night, off charger at 7:30 am by 12pm down to 34% battery. I've head on some other forums to cycle to low and charge again to let 6.5.x figure out your battery, so I'll hang on a couple days and see what happens...
2) The buttons for Bluetooth, wifi, and silent from CooKie Tab do not function. Nothing happens. Not even a change of state on the button itself. Did a reinstall over the cooked-in version with the lastest from CooKie's site / link. Didn't help...
3) ROM came stock with Opera 9.x. This one I fixed by downloading Opera 10 and let it call itself out for default browser. Much Better!
4) I get the lag on the lockscreen too. Taskbars and softkey bars first *then* the lockscreen pops up. Gonna go try to play with more settings (animations / other lockscreens / etc.) and see what happens...
5) I really miss the functionality of hitting the search magnifyer in "ALL Contacts" and it automatically bringing up the on screen keyboard. Any hints how to get that back?
6) Arksoft seems to use a lot of CPU cycles and memory. Better solutions out there that work well with NRG's ROM?
7) I turned off Facebook tab. Was REALLY slowing down the ENTIRE NRG ROM experience. Instead used one of the quicklinks on home page as a link to open the Opera 10 browser / Facebook - and mainly because Microsoft's Facebook app sucks hard vacuum. The Android experience with the Facebook widget is Way better...
Sound seems overdriven / distorted. Going to play around with Audio Booster and settings to see if I can change the experience...
9) Does Footprints ever get a GPS lock for anyone else?

All in all liking NRG's ROM. Most of the issues I can definitely live with / tweak - except for the battery. Waiting and seeing.

P.S. I was on Decks 6.5 / 2.5 forever. Only came over to NRG's because Deck has stopped supporting his as of three weeks ago.

Thanks to all the chefs and personalities that made this a continuing pleasure!

Last edited by Achristocat; 06-24-2010 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Typos / clarity

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development