View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Achristocat
N00b

Achristocat is keeping up the good workAchristocat is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jun 22| 21907|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Hey all. Love the ROM but seem to have a few - not catastrophic - but irksome issues:

1) Battery life is merely OK. Full chagre last night, off charger at 7:30 am by 12pm down to 34% battery. I've head on some other forums to cycle to low and charge again to let 6.5.x figure out your battery, so I'll hang on a couple days and see what happens...
2) The buttons for Bluetooth, wifi, and silent from CooKie Tab do not function. Nothing happens. Not even a change of state on the button itself. Did a reinstall over the cooked-in version with the lastest from CooKie's site / link. Didn't help...
3) ROM came stock with Opera 9.x. This one I fixed by downloading Opera 10 and let it call itself out for default browser. Much Better!
4) I get the lag on the lockscreen too. Taskbars and softkey bars first *then* the lockscreen pops up. Gonna go try to play with more settings (animations / other lockscreens / etc.) and see what happens...
5) I really miss the functionality of hitting the search magnifyer in "ALL Contacts" and it automatically bringing up the on screen keyboard. Any hints how to get that back?
6) Arksoft seems to use a lot of CPU cycles and memory. Better solutions out there that work well with NRG's ROM?
7) I turned off Facebook tab. Was REALLY slowing down the ENTIRE NRG ROM experience. Instead used one of the quicklinks on home page as a link to open the Opera 10 browser / Facebook - and mainly because Microsoft's Facebook app sucks hard vacuum. The Android experience with the Facebook widget is Way better...
Sound seems overdriven / distorted. Going to play around with Audio Booster and settings to see if I can change the experience...
9) Does Footprints ever get a GPS lock for anyone else?

All in all liking NRG's ROM. Most of the issues I can definitely live with / tweak - except for the battery. Waiting and seeing.

P.S. I was on Decks 6.5 / 2.5 forever. Only came over to NRG's because Deck has stopped supporting his as of three weeks ago.

Thanks to all the chefs and personalities that made this a continuing pleasure!

Last edited by Achristocat; 06-24-2010 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Typos / clarity