PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: VZW

mattbirk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jun 11| 21905|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Couple questions/issues:

I am using the GTX Based Energy ROM.

1. How do I install Text Message Retry, where it automatically asks me to resend if it fails?
2. The dual scroll bar issues in text messages, I haven't been able to find a fix...is there one?
3. Is there a program to automatically delete texts after there is so many, or if they are old (set a period to delete after...say delete if they are 7 days old or older...). Reason being, my phone seems to have more glitches when there are a lot of texts in the inbox and sent...

other than that, all is well...

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2010, 05:53 PM
mp1
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

mp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuff
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jun 11| 21905|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by appudiya View Post
MP1,
I tried hard reset that didn't work then i tried task 29 and relfashed the latest 23xx dinik rom with CHT. I'm still getting intermediate lockouts going to home screen. Any ideas?
Only thing left to do now is Task 29 again, RE-DOWNLOAD the ROM, and reflash. If you still experience problems, I would try a stock ROM to make sure something isn't wrong with your phone.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

1Mohawk is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp1 View Post
Only thing left to do now is Task 29 again, RE-DOWNLOAD the ROM, and reflash. If you still experience problems, I would try a stock ROM to make sure something isn't wrong with your phone.
I am having the same issues. It seems to happen more when I am using activesync with a lock screen....If I remember I believe XYC had this and it was an arkswitch issue.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:03 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Sashimi plus Ziggys backup tool....ftw...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqeiv3en2Kg

http://www.winmo-experts.com/

http://www.ziggy471.com/

Ziggys tool will back up everything.....e-mails etc....creates the regs and xml's....then just move them over to Sashimi and run it...
**edit** Thanks ThrottleAbuse
I have been using the settings export program, but it doesn't seem to save all my cookie settings or fb or anything correctly. It will restore some of the settings, but not all of them and not correctly. Any ideas?

Didn't see your post, as it was on a diff page & didn't quote & hours later. Looks like it does email.. cool, no ideas to your Q
**edit end**

Thanks, obviously with a bunch of thanks (including me), I wasn't the only one with the question. But then I found something better, right under my nose!!! Energy (the master) already has something built in!! I was actually trying to find where Sushimi installed itself to & saw it, I've got my favs & don't go fishing down in the menus often.
Windows
Tools
Settings Export

WAY too easy, thanks NRG!
Doesn't look like it does email account & footer backup though, I don't use syc with MS or Google due to the fact I have so many POP accounts. Any advise? (or am I back to ziggy/sashimi?)

Last edited by teradog; 06-14-2010 at 07:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dougneverends is a n00b

What about adding Sprint TV?
Old 06-14-2010, 07:27 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
**edit** Thanks ThrottleAbuse
I have been using the settings export program, but it doesn't seem to save all my cookie settings or fb or anything correctly. It will restore some of the settings, but not all of them and not correctly. Any ideas?

Didn't see your post, as it was on a diff page & didn't quote & hours later. Looks like it does email.. cool, no ideas to your Q
**edit end**

Thanks, obviously with a bunch of thanks (including me), I wasn't the only one with the question. But then I found something better, right under my nose!!! Energy (the master) already has something built in!! I was actually trying to find where Sushimi installed itself to & saw it, I've got my favs & don't go fishing down in the menus often.
Windows
Tools
Settings Export

WAY too easy, thanks NRG!
Doesn't look like it does email account & footer backup though, I don't use syc with MS or Google due to the fact I have so many POP accounts. Any advise? (or am I back to ziggy/sashimi?)
Ziggy will automatically back up all of your email accounts, quicklinks, wifi settings, etc....you can also add to it any time you like(notepad++ works well)....passwords can be added easily.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougneverends View Post
no problem....just add it....
Old 06-14-2010, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TILT 2 & HTC IMAGIO
Carrier: AT&T & Verizon

eastside770 is a n00b
Re: ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside770 View Post
im usin tha 21905 cookie dinik rom june 7 and ive been uslin it since released and ive notice that i dont get 3g all of a sudden why?
man can someone help me i just updated to the 21905 cookie dinik june 11
HTC TOUCH PRO 2(VZW)
ALL LOAD WITH ENERGYROM!!
Old 06-14-2010, 07:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

Scenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I've been running various releases of the cookie roms for the last 2 weeks or so. Mostly the dinik ones. I've stayed clear of NRG Roms for a while because although I really like the overall package, I always have had issues with RAM. So a couple weeks ago I came back to Energy and found most of the little annoyances fixed and decided to give it a whirl. No matter what I do I constantly run near 90% RAM usage at idle and frequently find it creeping over the 90 mark. The odd thing is that CleanRAM never seems to free up more than 1mbeven at level 3. So now when I want to open an app like Bing or Youtube, I have to soft reset first. I even reflashed today and installed NOTHING. I setup the myphone account and that is it. 2 hours later (and having not opened a single other app) I turn my screen on to check the RAM usage and I'm sitting at 84%!!!! I can't be the only one running into this with Energy ROMs. And yes, I have tried changing the cache size to a smaller amount. I don't think this is so much a pagepool issue. It just feels like the infamous memory leak people used to talk about. (Even though I know now that the memory leak people spoke of was typically just the pagepool)

So, any suggestions on what I can do to keep this ROM running more efficiently?

EDIT: Should prolly have mentioned that I was on the 6.5 ROMs not the 6.5.x

Last edited by Scenemaker; 06-14-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:37 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

[QUOTE=flyers2114;1814948]Ziggy will automatically back up all of your email accounts, quicklinks, wifi settings, etc....you can also add to it any time you like(notepad++ works well)....passwords can be added easily.....

very cool thanks, total noooob Q.. but I have to install sushimi, I can't find where it installs itself.. I'll have to go watch the videos.. doesn't appear to put an icon in windows menu.. I can & will read up on if too noobish a Q
Old 06-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougneverends View Post
are you asking if it can be added? i'm not for sure, don't see why not, i posted a link in the previous page to the cab for it, or you can google it and find somewhere to download it, give it a try it's just a cab so you can always remove it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development