View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Scenemaker
VIP Member

Scenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jun 11| 21905|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

I've been running various releases of the cookie roms for the last 2 weeks or so. Mostly the dinik ones. I've stayed clear of NRG Roms for a while because although I really like the overall package, I always have had issues with RAM. So a couple weeks ago I came back to Energy and found most of the little annoyances fixed and decided to give it a whirl. No matter what I do I constantly run near 90% RAM usage at idle and frequently find it creeping over the 90 mark. The odd thing is that CleanRAM never seems to free up more than 1mbeven at level 3. So now when I want to open an app like Bing or Youtube, I have to soft reset first. I even reflashed today and installed NOTHING. I setup the myphone account and that is it. 2 hours later (and having not opened a single other app) I turn my screen on to check the RAM usage and I'm sitting at 84%!!!! I can't be the only one running into this with Energy ROMs. And yes, I have tried changing the cache size to a smaller amount. I don't think this is so much a pagepool issue. It just feels like the infamous memory leak people used to talk about. (Even though I know now that the memory leak people spoke of was typically just the pagepool)

So, any suggestions on what I can do to keep this ROM running more efficiently?

EDIT: Should prolly have mentioned that I was on the 6.5 ROMs not the 6.5.x

Last edited by Scenemaker; 06-14-2010 at 07:45 PM.