PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 02:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jun 6| 21905|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ MaxSen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
Does anyone know where, or even if, you can find a device build date or batch number, etc. When I see people talking about all the freezes and lockups and others (like myself) don't get any of these I still believe that it is a hardware issue and would like to try to investigate if the people having issues have build dates around the same time. Any ideas??
I never used to get lockups on Energy ROM's until this most recent release. I just moved off the Dinik Glass (a lot of lockups, and I tasked 29 and reflashed it a couple of times, still constant lockups), in favor of the plain ol' 23569 Co0kie...We'll see how this one goes.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:06 PM
mp1
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

mp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuff
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jun 6| 21905|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ MaxSen

For Those with Lock up issues on the 6/6 6/7 Co0kie ROMS:
This is from the CoOkie Thread on XDA.
It has been reported that the music player being incorporated in the home tab may be responsible for the many of the freeze ups if you have a large music library.

Discussion Here.

Known issues (will be fixed in v1.8.1):

Unless stated otherwise there is no need to report these issues, they will all be fixed, just wait for the update.
-analog clock resize button gets stuck and show in non-edit mode
-quick links on landscape disappear if appointments are extended
-app/task header border is recognizes as big even if it's the slim one
-white wallpaper when rotating back to portrait in hdwall mode
-previous track button on manila 19xx gets separated if it has the disabled image
-test appointments for edit mode don't show up sometimes
-if the home menu is open before locking it couses problems
-swipe down while touching a list item causes problems
-tasks sorting is wrong
-if a task is out of the look ahead range it's set to red
-VGA: all tabs wallpaper has a black area at the botton -> fix here - copy the manila file to \windows (overwrite existing) and restart sense.
-VGA: add toggle menu, top titlebar after unlock -> fix here - copy the manila file to \windows (overwrite existing) and restart sense.
-VGA: photos tab is raised
-service.exe error
-audiomanager at startup
-wm6.1 lockscreen

Last edited by mp1; 06-08-2010 at 03:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

ichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

has anyone else noticed all the sound files with incredibly huge file names that have started showing up in the last few releases? there are 36 of them and they show up when selecting sounds for various notifications, events, etc.

here's an example:
29f1c5be35ede9ff218d805f8995e14e.wav that sounds like "stay" when played.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro, touch pro 2, hd2, evo
Carrier: sprint, t-mobile

jrmatics is keeping up the good workjrmatics is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to jrmatics

i don't know if anyone has this problem, but for the past couple of 23569 roms i started having trouble charging my battery. when i plug it into the charger from the wall outlet the active sync panel shows up. the only time it charges is when my tp2 is off or connected to my computer, and even the it charges incredibly slow. i went back to stock which fixed this issue and re-downloaded 23569 june 6. cookie and cookie dinik glass and both roms gave me the same charging issue again after returning to stock fixed it. i dont know if i missed something but anyone have any ideas
Old 06-08-2010, 03:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp1 View Post
For Those with Lock up issues on the 6/6 6/7 Co0kie ROMS:
This is from the CoOkie Thread on XDA.
It has been reported that the music player being incorporated in the home tab may be responsible for the many of the freeze ups if you have a large music library.
I don't even use the music player on mine. And I only have the Main and Quicklink pages for CHT to minimize the mem and overall load process...
Old 06-08-2010, 03:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmatics View Post
i don't know if anyone has this problem, but for the past couple of 23569 roms i started having trouble charging my battery. when i plug it into the charger from the wall outlet the active sync panel shows up. the only time it charges is when my tp2 is off or connected to my computer, and even the it charges incredibly slow. i went back to stock which fixed this issue and re-downloaded 23569 june 6. cookie and cookie dinik glass and both roms gave me the same charging issue again after returning to stock fixed it. i dont know if i missed something but anyone have any ideas
You need to install the nuebattery drivers to enable "Quick Charge" ... after a fresh flash this phone's battery discharge is on avg around 300+ mA and the charger is only around 400 mA. The nuebattery drivers have a "quick charge" feature that changes the charge to 900+ mA (you have to enable this in the nuebattery settings) After a couple of minor tweaks you can get your avg battery discharge rate down to around 50 mA. Then you will be all set.

BTW - I just posted the tweaks and the nuebattery file this morning (a couple of pages back) Hint... click HERE
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!

Last edited by Riptide9; 06-08-2010 at 04:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro, touch pro 2, hd2, evo
Carrier: sprint, t-mobile

jrmatics is keeping up the good workjrmatics is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to jrmatics

Quote:
You need to install the nuebattery drivers to enable "Quick Charge" ... after a fresh flash this phone's battery discharge is on avg around 300+ mA and the charger is only around 400 mA. The nuebattery drivers have a "quick charge" feature that changes the charge to 900+ mA (you have to enable this in the nuebattery settings) After a couple of minor tweaks you can get your avg battery discharge rate down to around 50 mA. Then you will be all set.

BTW - I just posted the tweaks and the nuebattery file this morning (a couple of pages back) Hint... click HERE
ok thanx=D>
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

Agentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuff

Quote:
It doesn't tell you any hardware build dates... The only thing I could find is "Hardware Version" mine says 0004

Does anybody have different than 0004?

I have 0004 and I haven't had any issues with the new Cookie ROM *knocks on wood*. Have been bouncing around between MaxSense/Cookie and I dont know why. Cookie is an amazing ROM and I dont know why i put myself through the hassle of trying out MaxSense in its unstable form... Just an extra headache for right now. It has great potential but Cookie is just so nice.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff

I've just been reading some of the threads and I think most of the people problems come from NOT doing the flash dance or when the're loading there ROM from the PC to pull your battery off your phone when (you meter at least gets to 2%) flashing. I havn't been flashing that long (1 1/2) and at some times... Still ask NOOB question (lol) And still I haven't had as much problems as alot of people have. Also with this new Cookie ROM which is BANGING, there are alot of bugs in it (its new)... And I know Satod and his team is working on it. So intill then I'm go try out the new MaxSense till they come out with the 1.8.1 in a couple day. But I say to all Try: THE FLASH DANCE (TASK 29 <twice> pull the battery out ) and I think a lot of your problems well go away, and I flash sometimes two or three times damn near everytime NRG upgrade just to see how much better his ROMS are over a lot of other Chefs (don't get me wrong theres some goods out there like Vinn & Mr X) but I always seem to end up with NRG's ROM. Soooo how is MaxSense running?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:47 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack View Post
I've just been reading some of the threads and I think most of the people problems come from NOT doing the flash dance or when the're loading there ROM from the PC to pull your battery off your phone when (you meter at least gets to 2%) flashing. I havn't been flashing that long (1 1/2) and at some times... Still ask NOOB question (lol) And still I haven't had as much problems as alot of people have. Also with this new Cookie ROM which is BANGING, there are alot of bugs in it (its new)... And I know Satod and his team is working on it. So intill then I'm go try out the new MaxSense till they come out with the 1.8.1 in a couple day. But I say to all Try: THE FLASH DANCE (TASK 29 <twice> pull the battery out ) and I think a lot of your problems well go away, and I flash sometimes two or three times damn near everytime NRG upgrade just to see how much better his ROMS are over a lot of other Chefs (don't get me wrong theres some goods out there like Vinn & Mr X) but I always seem to end up with NRG's ROM. Soooo how is MaxSense running?
IMHO overkill....I never do task 29 unless something crazy arises after flashing...and I never pull the battery....I flash ruu or sd card....do a clear storage and all is good.....but I also say whatever works for each....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development