PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2010, 01:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc tp2 verizon
Carrier: vodaphone

krazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 4| 21903|23568 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM510 View Post
Look for the post that has the link for the separate thread on battery usage tips & tricks. There are some CABs in there that REALLY DO WORK. I had the same problem until I used those. I install them for every new ROM I try out.

One tip though on those - they will disable your Bluetooth. It is easy to re-enable BT if you use a program that shows you the windows services...just turn Bluetooth services back to Automatic start, and it will work fine...its just that BT is a big energy drain, and most people usually don't use it. Hope this helps.
hi n thanks for your reply...
been hunting around for quite a bit but i am unable to find the Battery Usage tips and tricks on this thread.
Can you please tell me the cabs you are using if its not too much to ask? (since you use them on every rom you may be having them handy)

appreciate your help
cheers

edit : found the thread and have installed the cabs....
lets hope this takes care of the problem..

Last edited by krazydude; 05-08-2010 at 01:42 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 4| 21903|23568 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

new new news
seen the new htc incredible at my local best buy store
199.00 two year commitment verizon

news news
hd2 at radioshack 99.00 two year comm t mobile
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeGeTa-X View Post
What MMS Arcsoft will work with Energyrom build 23566 from May 1 2010 ? I have tried installing imnuts Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.2.12.45 20100204 and it will not install. Also I am receiving MMS that when I try to open it says Invalid Argument. Has anyone seen this before?
I still cant believe that after 1700 pages this still gets asked and answered everyday....

Once again - (or least until tomorrow)

Verizon users: just run carrier provisioning

Sprint Users: Don't run carrier provisioning... Make simple reg edits posted 10k times here (Boushh even cabbed them up) (See attached file so you don't even have to search)

Htc messaging is disabled and Arcsoft is already installed by NRGZ. If you start doing anything else by installing other cabs then you will probably break it.

PS - Can someone please post this in the beginning of this thread in the FAQ - The info listed there is really old an incorrect. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydude View Post
hi n thanks for your reply...
been hunting around for quite a bit but i am unable to find the Battery Usage tips and tricks on this thread.
Can you please tell me the cabs you are using if its not too much to ask? (since you use them on every rom you may be having them handy)

appreciate your help
cheers

edit : found the thread and have installed the cabs....
lets hope this takes care of the problem..
Here is the link (i see you found it)
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113321
Attached Files
File Type: cab NRG.ROM.Sprint.MMS.Settings-Boushh.cab (1,006 Bytes, 89 views) Click for barcode!
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

KF4MS is a n00b

May 1st Titanium freezes frequently when I send SMS
Old 05-08-2010, 11:27 AM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
new new news
seen the new htc incredible at my local best buy store
199.00 two year commitment verizon

news news
hd2 at radioshack 99.00 two year comm t mobile
Incredible does look nice...but not going to join big red to get it...I'll wait for the evo to drop!
Old 05-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

fh1068 is a n00b

Any way to get this style htc messenger cooked in, it has a character counter and pages the text messages like the default windows messenger client does for faster opening without sacraficing manila integration:
Screen02.jpg Screen03.JPG
Old 05-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc tp2 verizon
Carrier: vodaphone

krazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuff

[/URL][/QUOTE]
Here is the link (i see you found it)
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113321[/QUOTE]

thanks...but the cabs did not help.
reflashed to april 18th energy rom.
that seemed like it wasd better on battery life..
cheers and thanks again
krazy
Old 05-08-2010, 06:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Luzboss is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewahlrus View Post
thanks for the links but like i said in my post, im using att on a sprint branded phone. how is a sprint cab gonna help? i need an att cab. or at least the setitngs for the registry. i dont have a problem doing it manually. but just for the hell of it i tried the cab and it didnt make a difference. any other options?

by the way, my last phone (att tilt), i put a titanium bare rom on it and installed arcsoft and it didnt work out of the box so i had to also put an att fix cab for it which made everything work. i still have the cab. is it ok to put it on this phone? all it does is change the settings correct? or will it brick it for some reason?

Last edited by Luzboss; 05-08-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO SHIFT 4G

dizidi is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzboss View Post
thanks for the links but like i said in my post, im using att on a sprint branded phone. how is a sprint cab gonna help? i need an att cab. or at least the setitngs for the registry. i dont have a problem doing it manually. but just for the hell of it i tried the cab and it didnt make a difference. any other options?

by the way, my last phone (att tilt), i put a titanium bare rom on it and installed arcsoft and it didnt work out of the box so i had to also put an att fix cab for it which made everything work. i still have the cab. is it ok to put it on this phone? all it does is change the settings correct? or will it brick it for some reason?

Correct me if Im wrong, but isn't this a CDMA forum? Don't you think you have a better chance of getting your question answered if you post on NRGZ GSM roms thread?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Luzboss is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardizidifer View Post
Correct me if Im wrong, but isn't this a CDMA forum? Don't you think you have a better chance of getting your question answered if you post on NRGZ GSM roms thread?
idk which forum to go to so i actually posted this message in in this thread on xda and they said the same thing about sending me here..... funy how that works. but i did just get a reply from a guy about an hour ago who wrote:

Hmm, ok, so you're "roaming" on GSM using your CDMA phone ? Trouble is, you're asking if a cab will work on a CDMA ROM, and we're all GSM folks here, so we have no idea. The AT&T folks here will know how to set up AT&T stuff on their GSM phones, but the CDMA ROM might have some different stuff in ?

Sounds to me like you should just set the AT&T MMS settings manually. I did a Google search and found the AT&T MMS settings for the Tilt2 on HTC's website - http://www.htc.com/us/support/tilt-2.../settings#1829

now that was the first reply ive gotten from either forum that helped a bit. i did what he suggested and made a new server with all the new settings but the "connect via" drop down menu doesnt have att's "media net" option. im assuming this is due to the fact im using a cdma rom and obviously would have no use for that option. now is there any way to make this option available and working by adding it in the registry somehow? i think we are getting somewhere here and im sure theres got to be a way to make this mms work. im willing to give anyone any needed registy or any other info needed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development