PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

htcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23557/21898 |Apr 12| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titani

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvictor017 View Post
Thanks for the cab and the site. The cab didn't work for some reason. I still get the same message that I'm unable to download an mms from someone. Now im able to send somethng to myself, but it doesn't seem to work w/ anyone else.
I had the same issue and for me it was because Arcosft never totally uninstalls. I had to do the steps below:

1. disable sense 2.5 and use sktools to kill the tmail.exe process

2. use rescro registry or any registry tool you have to blow away the arcsoft key and then use sktools to scan my registry to see if anything was left over an deleted all that it found.

2. delete any message in the out box that are stuck still trying to send from your previous tests; and reset the phone

3. Once it is back up use sktools to check the the tmail.exe proces is still not running and if it is kill it; then installed the version I wanted and reset the phone again

4. send test to my sister who has TMobile and it has worked perfectly every since

I do it this way each time I change my ROM as it has been the only sure way that i can get MMS working with no hitches as for as Verizon is concerned anyway.

Arcsoft can be tricky to get working but it does work. I just did it again as I was on the April 12th version of the Energy Sense ROM but my service went to crap so I went back to the previous version and I think I am flasjhing one last time when I get home back to the April 8th ROM as it was the most stable for me, battery, speed, mms and all were exceptional

Sorry for the lengthy explanation but if it can help you get it going then it was worth it as I know until I tried this method MMS was a headache to function anytime I used Energy's ROM. The only ROM I have tried that it worked without this type of install was Medium HILL and Mr X but I came back to Energy as his ROMS has what I want at this time 6.5.x, IE6 cooked in and yes I know it is hated by most but I need it to reach some of the websites that I have to go to so I have to have it installed on the occasions that I do use it, as well as stability and Energy meets all that where as the others are still in progress, but they are great ROMS as well as I think all the cooks on PPC do great work it is just a matter of taste and what you are looking for and right now Energy Roms resolve all my items..

Good luck and if you still need help feel free to PM me if you want and I will try my best to try and help you get it working, be blessed.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

jamal33 is keeping up the good workjamal33 is keeping up the good work
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23557/21898 |Apr 12| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titani

I installed some animated smileys for sense 2.5 in the form of a cab file.. I cant get the animations to play on NRG main wallpaper.

little help needed.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

htcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Smile April 12th Sense ROM

Well I flashed to this update and it is fast I will say that but I had better reception with the previous ROM. I tried it with carrier Provisioning and without. I even had to call Verizon to get calls working again at all. I did notice that before provisioning my connection was for Sprint and not Verizon. So while I love the speed I will be reverting back to the April 8th ROM as it worked perfectly for me and I will try the updated 23557 on the next go round. Great work on the ROM as always and I truly thank you for all that you have done and Energy ROMs are definitely some of the best ones out there.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: VZN

tyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good work
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23557/21898 |Apr 12| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titani

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad99 View Post
Sorry if this has been mentioned before (I searched the thread but found nothing related) but when i use the facebook app 1.1.0.17, I can only post comments if i used the on screen keyboard...using the real keyboard results in no post posting when i click post.

Has anyone else had this problem?
that happens to me too....
Old 04-13-2010, 03:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I am starting to get the feeling that M$ is getting a little sloppy because these later builds are sucking up more memory in my use.

Other Chefs are starting cooking separete roms for each carrier,
with specific manila & other Dlls,
which I believe is the way to go for reducing mysterious battery or memory or speed changes,
since there are slight differences in the actual units.

Anyway these are just my suspicions, I could be totally wrong
Old 04-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I downloaded the animated simleys cab but don't know how to apply it to show on NRGZ sense 2.5 homescreen. Please help
Old 04-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

i dont understand how my camera works fine on a stock rom , but on the first boot of the last 2 manila 2.5 standard 23554, and 23557 when i go to the camera the auto focus goes loopy and focuses in and out non stop!! i have asked 3 times over the last few dozen pages and it looks like i am the only person that is having problems with the camera because only 1 person replied. it has always worked fine on every NRG rom but the last 2 something has been going on!!!

NRGZ28: (or any body for that matter) Do you have any ideas on what could be going on?? this is happening even after flashing stock(which the camera worked fine, so i know its not a hardware issue), doing a hard reset, then flashing your latest rom and even hard resetting it 3 times after all that the first thing i do is launch the camera and the focus just keeps going in and out in and out.....and so on, it like its about to take a picture, the 2 square brackets come up on the screen [] and then the focus blurs and it repeats. i normally use the KB config app to set the vol-up hardware key to take a picture, and i have done this for a long time now and it has always worked, but now i am unable to take a picture with this method on the last 2 roms! how ever, i am able to take a picture with the on screen button but i have to time it just right so that i take it when the auto focus is going in, its a real pain in the --- lol

is there anyone out there that knows whats going on??

thanks
Old 04-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

how the hell do i apply the freaking bubble animations once i install the cab for animated smileys! do i need to install the files to a specific location or what!

third time asking. im using sense 2.5 ( 23557)
Old 04-13-2010, 04:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Quote:
Originally Posted by apaquette0069 View Post
i dont understand how my camera works fine on a stock rom , but on the first boot of the last 2 manila 2.5 standard 23554, and 23557 when i go to the camera the auto focus goes loopy and focuses in and out non stop!! i have asked 3 times over the last few dozen pages and it looks like i am the only person that is having problems with the camera because only 1 person replied. it has always worked fine on every NRG rom but the last 2 something has been going on!!!

NRGZ28: (or any body for that matter) Do you have any ideas on what could be going on?? this is happening even after flashing stock(which the camera worked fine, so i know its not a hardware issue), doing a hard reset, then flashing your latest rom and even hard resetting it 3 times after all that the first thing i do is launch the camera and the focus just keeps going in and out in and out.....and so on, it like its about to take a picture, the 2 square brackets come up on the screen [] and then the focus blurs and it repeats. i normally use the KB config app to set the vol-up hardware key to take a picture, and i have done this for a long time now and it has always worked, but now i am unable to take a picture with this method on the last 2 roms! how ever, i am able to take a picture with the on screen button but i have to time it just right so that i take it when the auto focus is going in, its a real pain in the --- lol

is there anyone out there that knows whats going on??

thanks
This is a file that I use for my camera... It is an official fix from HTC for the leo but works fine on the TP2. Here is the link from XDA with some info. Maybe it will help.
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid X

sensatti is becoming a great contributor

I haven't seen any posts related to this before, but quick question. I've noticed in all the 235xx builds that the advanced settings tab in the phone settings is no longer there. I always went there to disable the vibrate on call connect option. Has this been moved to another menu or is there another way to disable? I didn't see anything in bsb tweaks or advanced device config program either.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development