PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 04:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

masterhoss56 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23540/21892 |Feb 22| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

bugs/issues with 23540 Feb 22 R2(no Max/no Cookie)
  1. weather animation on home tab not working--tried Santod's recommended fix and still no workie
  2. hardware volume continuous adjustent (hold button to get continuous increase/decrease) not working
  3. Corporate ActiveSync policies taking issue to this ROM: connected to corporate Exchange sever (OWA). ActiveSync password policy hits the device as expected but I notice that lockout policy incorrectly gets set to 0 minutes instead of the policy's 15 minute setting. After initial sync of mail, calendar, contacts, the device should prompt for a soft reset to initiate ActiveSync encryption policy. No prompt... manually reset and encryption notification comes up and encrypts device and microSD card. I manually choose to set password policy to 15 minutes (correct setting) as opposed to the 0 minute setting the phone took. Several resets later, I hit a magicial reset that didn't like my password. No choice but to hard reset and start all over.
** edit: clarified ROM version (using latest "R2") **** edit 2: <below> **
Santod, I apologize. Your fix does, indeed, work. I'm cross-eyed tired and I kept selectng the new Windows wallpaper from "weather animations" as opposed to the actual lightening bolt found under "animations"

Also, for Corporate ActiveSync policy users out there. After a hard reset and another sync with my Exchange server, all seems well. (Still have to manually set timeout to the policy's intended 15 minutes as opposed to the device's setting of 0 minutes... still had to manually reset to initiate device encryption as opposed to the device gettng the encryption policy from ActiveSync and telling me I need to reset). All previous Energy ROMs I've used had no issues to the corporate ActiveSync policies and I verified that no one made adjustments to the policies tonight.

Last edited by masterhoss56; 02-23-2010 at 04:31 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:37 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23540/21892 |Feb 22| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

Quote:
** edit: clarified ROM version (using latest "R2") **** edit 2: <below> **
Santod, I apologize. Your fix does, indeed, work. I'm cross-eyed tired and I kept selectng the new Windows wallpaper from "weather animations" as opposed to the actual lightening bolt found under "animations"
**edit**
thank you!

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 02-23-2010 at 04:40 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

btstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well shoot. I flashed to stock and still couldn't connect. Are there other settings I'm missing?
Old 02-23-2010, 04:44 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by btstarcher View Post
Well shoot. I flashed to stock and still couldn't connect. Are there other settings I'm missing?
*228 send?
Old 02-23-2010, 04:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

btstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah that's the first thing I do...it's always worked before. I don't think it's the ROM; I mean I couldn't even connect with the stock ROM. But it started right after I flashed the latest NRG ROM. Weird.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

aguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
I have some programs like newreader pr ograms & such that wont go over the regular cellular line. I also have issues with updating weather, twitter etc.
I'm also wondering why you advise setting login data for the VZW #777 data connection (I assume this is the connection you're talking about). I've never had trouble connecting without them but out of curiosity, where did you get this info from? Doesn't really make sense to me that data would only work intermittently without supplying credentials if they're needed at all...
Old 02-23-2010, 05:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd

I'm on the new R2 Cookie ROM. I have all my misc settings in and many programs installed (most all to SD, using Sashimi). I have about 80MB free in storage and running with about 65MB free Program memory. How does this compare with others that are basically installed? On other ROM's I'm sure I've been seeing well over 100MB free in Storage, but had not checked on the couple of Energy ROM's I've been trying (just last week or so). I have all of my email syncing, but have directed all storage to my SD card and am not syning attachments.

2nd question - on Energy's ROMs, in his Total Commander I don't seem to be able to see 'properties' for files. The selection is just missing. Anyone know why? I'm sure it was there on the other ROM's I've been using. Kinda strange.

thanks

EDIT: just since I posted this, the phone has been sitting still on my desk, and the Storage is down to 76MB and the Program memory is down to 56MB. Not sure what is going on.

Be sure to thank me IF I help .............................

Last edited by mikedboyd; 02-23-2010 at 06:19 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Moziah7 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
For the untwittered......

@NRGZ28 For people that miss the HTC Messaging client in my Feb 22 ROM... http://digs.by/1U1n , and download the latest 2012 version! Thanks
9 minutes ago via Digsby
Cool! Will give it a go! Thanks for the link!
Old 02-23-2010, 09:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

cyberhern is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedboyd View Post
I'm on the new R2 Cookie ROM...

2nd question - on Energy's ROMs, in his Total Commander I don't seem to be able to see 'properties' for files. The selection is just missing. Anyone know why? I'm sure it was there on the other ROM's I've been using. Kinda strange.

thanks

EDIT: just since I posted this, the phone has been sitting still on my desk, and the Storage is down to 76MB and the Program memory is down to 56MB. Not sure what is going on.
Properties is still there, just select and hold for shortcut list
As to memory leak, never saw it that bad on a 6.5
scary

Best Exchange & great price! Push & Aliases Click: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=346153
Old 02-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: VERIZON

dhafiz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
*228 send?
Quote:
Originally Posted by btstarcher View Post
Yeah that's the first thing I do...it's always worked before. I don't think it's the ROM; I mean I couldn't even connect with the stock ROM. But it started right after I flashed the latest NRG ROM. Weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguenter322 View Post
I'm also wondering why you advise setting login data for the VZW #777 data connection (I assume this is the connection you're talking about). I've never had trouble connecting without them but out of curiosity, where did you get this info from? Doesn't really make sense to me that data would only work intermittently without supplying credentials if they're needed at all...
Hi - I often have that issue with Verizon. After i flash, i can't send or receive txt messages, and it either times out or is unable to update by dialing *228.

When you try to dial another number, does it say "sorry, we are unable to authenticate your phone at the moment?"... that's what happens to me when i flash the stock rom before flashing to any of the other ROMs.

In that case, I usually have to call #8899 on the handset, which takes you to one of their engineering reps. Tell them you are unable to make outgoing calls and the error message you get is saying "unable to authenticate". They should just ask a couple of security questions, like "last 4 of your social" and "what model phone", and re-activate on their end - after which you can do *228 Send, restart, and you're good to go.

Sometimes you'll get a less knowledgeable person on the line - and they'll try to troubleshoot this and that, even if you tell them you've done this before. Just hang up, call #8899 back and hope someone else picks up...

Hope this helps.

*EDIT - I just had to do the steps above. I flashed the 22nd Feb MaxManila ROM (23xxx).

Last edited by dhafiz; 02-23-2010 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Added ROM version

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development