View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 09:19 AM
dhafiz
Lurker

dhafiz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23540/21892 |Feb 22| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
*228 send?
Quote:
Originally Posted by btstarcher View Post
Yeah that's the first thing I do...it's always worked before. I don't think it's the ROM; I mean I couldn't even connect with the stock ROM. But it started right after I flashed the latest NRG ROM. Weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguenter322 View Post
I'm also wondering why you advise setting login data for the VZW #777 data connection (I assume this is the connection you're talking about). I've never had trouble connecting without them but out of curiosity, where did you get this info from? Doesn't really make sense to me that data would only work intermittently without supplying credentials if they're needed at all...
Hi - I often have that issue with Verizon. After i flash, i can't send or receive txt messages, and it either times out or is unable to update by dialing *228.

When you try to dial another number, does it say "sorry, we are unable to authenticate your phone at the moment?"... that's what happens to me when i flash the stock rom before flashing to any of the other ROMs.

In that case, I usually have to call #8899 on the handset, which takes you to one of their engineering reps. Tell them you are unable to make outgoing calls and the error message you get is saying "unable to authenticate". They should just ask a couple of security questions, like "last 4 of your social" and "what model phone", and re-activate on their end - after which you can do *228 Send, restart, and you're good to go.

Sometimes you'll get a less knowledgeable person on the line - and they'll try to troubleshoot this and that, even if you tell them you've done this before. Just hang up, call #8899 back and hope someone else picks up...

Hope this helps.

*EDIT - I just had to do the steps above. I flashed the 22nd Feb MaxManila ROM (23xxx).

Last edited by dhafiz; 02-23-2010 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Added ROM version