PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 05:02 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23529/21892 |Feb 16| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgrulz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
lol lol yes i can't sleep i have to get up togo to work at 7.00 am but i am used to getting just a few hours sleep lol downloading indagrove underground manila 2.5 2512 rom now just in case nrg does not upload soon lol
Yeah funny I'm up at 415 for work. I have my sd card organized with like 10 different roms on it and all customizations organized per rom. And they wonder what i do in the bathroom all day!
LOL. I have the same thing. Makes flashing a breeze. I'm using sashimi...
Old 02-22-2010, 08:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23529/21892 |Feb 16| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

Same here (organization by ROM on SD, plus Sashimi, not the bathroom hobby).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post

LOL. I have the same thing. Makes flashing a breeze. I'm using sashimi...

Be sure to thank me IF I help .............................
Old 02-22-2010, 08:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

variance is keeping up the good workvariance is keeping up the good work

does the new one have the four rows back in favorites or is it still 3?
Old 02-22-2010, 08:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (CDMA)

auTONYmous is becoming a great contributor

That's awesome: Me and NRGZ28 have the same birthday!
Old 02-22-2010, 09:45 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedboyd View Post
Soft reset - hold down power till you get the option screen and then either turn off or reset. Or take off back cover and press stylus into little red recessed button.

Hard reset (caution, lose all non-ROM data in main memory). Use the 'Clear Storage' app or hold down 'send' and 'end', then also power key, all at same time.

Run one of the 'bootloader' programs, or hold down the 'down volume' and then power at same time.

To leave bootloader, take off back cover and press the reset button or take out battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
can someone here tell me please how to soft reset my tp2 and how to hard reset my tp2
go to try color screen and how to get out of boot loader screen thank you
Hard reset and clear storage are not the same.........they both clear data but clear storage is more effective to clear ALL data.....
Old 02-22-2010, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

TheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedboyd View Post
I continue to find it very interesting how different folks have such varied results with these ROM's. I'm on the 2/16 Cookie ROM and (in spite of my best efforts) it is proving to be the MOST stable ROM I've loaded yet, and I've tried several of the chef's now. I am really liking this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukEboX View Post
The last ROM has a problem with constantly not responding. Manilla took up a lot of memory and froze a lot which made me have to restart the phone a lot. Was this fixeD?
I completely agree. It is a mystery how the FEB 16th roms are absolutely flaswless, fast and stable for some of us while others report constant freezing or lockups. Logically, it would seem like it would have to be configuration settings or certain cabs installed, but some seemingly very capable people are reporting freezes. Who knows. I find it very odd that i have had so much success with the Feb 16 while others are complaining about the unstability. I have had no memory problems, no battery drain, no freezes, and it has been smooth as can be. In fact, i just thought long and hard to see if i can report an issue, but i can't. Everything, and i mean everything works as it should. It's an interesting phenomenon to say the least.

At any rate, i have enjoyed the Feb 16th roms and consider them to be the best to date. I think it SMASHES the Feb 7th roms. Thanks again NRG and friends!

Old 02-22-2010, 11:19 AM
smu
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

smu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

[QUOTE=TheShade001;1582178]I completely agree. It is a mystery how the FEB 16th roms are absolutely flaswless, fast and stable for some of us while others report constant freezing or lockups.QUOTE]

I do embedded hardware and software for a living and it's not too much of a mystery to me...but we have a saying: "If it was easy, then it wouldn't be embedded." Please let me qualify what I'm about to say by stating that I'm not casting aspersions against anyone or any particular products because I know that people on this forum work very hard to bring us the things that they do - and I appreciate them greatly. However, not everyone is imbued with the same ability to do embedded development as everyone else; some people have a compiler and very little development experience and are anxious to write code to solve problems, but having a compiler doesn't make you a good embedded devloper in much the same way that having a driver's license doesn't make you a good driver. I think that some cabs are rushed from idea to forum posting without much in the way of testing other than, "I've run it on my phone for 10 minutes and it hasn't hard reset yet!" Many of us have this cab to do this, that cab to do that, another cab to do this other thing, etc. and sometimes the cabs don't play nicely with one another. In general, we on this forum burn quite a few CPU cycles trying to figure out which cab we've installed makes our new ROM installation unstable, others blame the ROM and fiddle with settings on it to try to stabilize their system, etc. So to what do I attribute these mysteries of some people are rock solid and other have nothing but trouble out of a ROM? I think the issue lies squarely on the cabs that people are running.
The truth of the matter is that it's very difficult to do good app/cab development without access to MS developers and/or source code, but I think it's remarkable that some of you guys have the time (and NRG, if you'll pardon the pun) to code what you do. The problem with the testing of cab development is that the 6.5 ROMs are still a bit of a moving target for the cab developers to hit, so it makes development difficult and coordinated testing a nightmare.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

jmcourir is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to jmcourir Send a message via AIM to jmcourir Send a message via MSN to jmcourir Send a message via Yahoo to jmcourir Send a message via Skype™ to jmcourir

I have Energy.RHOD500.23529.Leo_(Cookie_HomeTab_1.5.4).16 .Feb.2010.rar installed since Feb 16th and This is the best Cooked ROM I have seen so far.

Since November I test all Manila 2.5 Cooked ROM from ENERGY ROM and I really appreciate it !

Thanks
Old 02-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by smu View Post
I do embedded hardware and software for a living and it's not too much of a mystery to me...but we have a saying: "If it was easy, then it wouldn't be embedded." Please let me qualify what I'm about to say by stating that I'm not casting aspersions against anyone or any particular products because I know that people on this forum work very hard to bring us the things that they do - and I appreciate them greatly. However, not everyone is imbued with the same ability to do embedded development as everyone else; some people have a compiler and very little development experience and are anxious to write code to solve problems, but having a compiler doesn't make you a good embedded devloper in much the same way that having a driver's license doesn't make you a good driver. I think that some cabs are rushed from idea to forum posting without much in the way of testing other than, "I've run it on my phone for 10 minutes and it hasn't hard reset yet!" Many of us have this cab to do this, that cab to do that, another cab to do this other thing, etc. and sometimes the cabs don't play nicely with one another. In general, we on this forum burn quite a few CPU cycles trying to figure out which cab we've installed makes our new ROM installation unstable, others blame the ROM and fiddle with settings on it to try to stabilize their system, etc. So to what do I attribute these mysteries of some people are rock solid and other have nothing but trouble out of a ROM? I think the issue lies squarely on the cabs that people are running.
The truth of the matter is that it's very difficult to do good app/cab development without access to MS developers and/or source code, but I think it's remarkable that some of you guys have the time (and NRG, if you'll pardon the pun) to code what you do. The problem with the testing of cab development is that the 6.5 ROMs are still a bit of a moving target for the cab developers to hit, so it makes development difficult and coordinated testing a nightmare.
Agreed. Ive been saying for months now that its the customizations and cabs that are causing the problems that some are having and others arent. Sashimi and uc are very cool tools but I think its a double edged sword. Auto-Installing the same cabs and regedits across roms is going to lead to problems because none of the roms are exactly the same. Some conflicts are obvious like installing a task bar that makes things not align properly but some arent so obvious like how installing opera a few builds back caused youtube sound to not work.

Before I install anything I go through the basic settings and steps like updating quickgps, make sure everything works properly. I even test mms fresh out the box on every flash to see if it happens to work, if it doesnt I change the server settings to sprint specific to see it thatworks, then I install the necessary cabs. These steps ensure that if something breaks I know exactly where it went wrong. A little extra work goes a long way toward happy flashing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:53 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Not that you really need it because the documentation on Cookie's registry settings is pretty complete, but he has created a settings editor.

See his thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633590

Cookie is the Man!
Attached Files
File Type: cab CHTEditor.v1.54.4.CAB (1.33 MB, 77 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development