PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 12:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23529/21892 |Feb 16| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

Well - good to hear that the registry restore won't kill the change, but to the 2nd part of my question, does anyone know where the rest of the settings are kept? I don't see anything in that registry sections that seems to address the WinMo 6.5 lock choice, or even some of the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedboyd View Post
I see the LockScreen slider is moving, which is fine, but does someone know if it's controlled by one of the entries in the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\LockS creen), or kept somewhere else?

I save and restore that whole set of registry keys for new ROM loads/reloads, but know there must be more settings kept somewhere else, like the setting for using the 6.5 lock vs the old lockscreen. Anyone know that one?

You should be fine restoring that. I am 99% sure it's not controlled by anything in the registry.
When I was looking for the "move lock to bottom" cab, I read some threads about not being able to "uninstall" it as it overwrites the manila file and that's it....so I'm going to agree that there should be nothing in the registry.

Thanks NRGZ!...one less cab I have to install!

Be sure to thank me IF I help .............................
Old 02-22-2010, 12:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23529/21892 |Feb 16| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

I hadn't ever looked at his thread over on XDA before. I don't see anything there that looks any different than what you see here. I see nothing that indicates GSM (or CDMA either I guess). Why would we think it would be GSM? Is XDA more GSM-slanted, in general?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB_ View Post
Two new Feb 21 Roms are available now.

(no cookie, or MaxMan as of now)

EDIT: NVm.. i think they're GSM only (found them over at XDA)

EDIT2: Actually, I'm not even sure. His hotfile link on XDA has them there, but the one here doesn't. If someone could tell me, are the ones at XDA GSM only?
Old 02-22-2010, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kitts is keeping up the good workkitts is keeping up the good work

I have had so many issues with freezing, low memory with 23529 MaxManila 16.Feb.2010 rom. Hopefully these will be fixed in the new rom!
I had to disable sense to run Opera due to memory issues.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedboyd View Post
I hadn't ever looked at his thread over on XDA before. I don't see anything there that looks any different than what you see here. I see nothing that indicates GSM (or CDMA either I guess). Why would we think it would be GSM? Is XDA more GSM-slanted, in general?
Yep...when it comes to the TP2, you'll notice there's hardly anything GSM over here and all the GSM guys are on XDA...

Didn't know NRGZ did a GSM TP2 ROM though. Then again, I noticed he is STILL making ROMs for the TP1! Loaded one of those on my old TP today just to see what they're like...
Old 02-22-2010, 12:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 HD
Carrier: Verizon

JukEboX is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to JukEboX Send a message via MSN to JukEboX Send a message via Yahoo to JukEboX Send a message via Skype™ to JukEboX

The last ROM has a problem with constantly not responding. Manilla took up a lot of memory and froze a lot which made me have to restart the phone a lot. Was this fixeD?
Old 02-22-2010, 12:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker

I continue to find it very interesting how different folks have such varied results with these ROM's. I'm on the 2/16 Cookie ROM and (in spite of my best efforts) it is proving to be the MOST stable ROM I've loaded yet, and I've tried several of the chef's now. I am really liking this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukEboX View Post
The last ROM has a problem with constantly not responding. Manilla took up a lot of memory and froze a lot which made me have to restart the phone a lot. Was this fixeD?
Old 02-22-2010, 01:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguenter322 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 View Post
eh, i hurts me 2 say this because i love this rom....

but, the ram % is always extremely high and skyrockets (more than other roms) when multitasking. and, on every single energy rom has terrible bluetooth quality (i have s9 hd's and they sound crystal clear and never cut out on other roms).

plz forgive me, but i feel it had to be said
What other roms have you used? I just did a quick look through of other rom threads and it looks like they all start up around 65-75% memory usage and I would imagine that goes up with program usage. Just wondering if Im missing something because Im thinking about flashing a new rom to try it out. Lots of people keep saying "x rom is better and doesnt have memory leak" but I cant see any evidence of that.
X-rom is def the best 2.5 out right now...tried em all...X boots up at 55 and there is def no memory leak....runs rock solid.....give it a go and you will see what all the hype is about...no work around for mms either..install my Arc cab (Sprint) that I tweaked...which is in attachments in his thread and you are good to go...tweakls were threaded, max recipients 80 and max slides 20...if you do not wanna use that cab there are also others attached in the thread...
thanks. which arcsoft cab is yours. as im sure you know theres 100,000 of them attatched. lol
Oops sorry i should have added that....mine is easy to find though in paperclip....it is named Flyers2114Tweaked5.0.9.4....

EDIT: I for some odd reason you do not find it let me know and I will get it to ya....
Thanks for making me try Mr. X, this thing is fluid and wicked fast so far! My phone has been on NRGZ's Leo since HSPL but I think I'm going to run Mr. X for a week or so and see how it compares unless today's EnergyROMs really up the ante.
oddly enough, I've been on Mr. X since I posted this lol
Old 02-22-2010, 01:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbythe1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by who? View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
Quote:
NRGZ28 is celebrating his birthday today... And for that, I'll be releasing new, awesome, WVGA Sense 2.5 ROMs
10 minutes ago from Digsby
Happy birthday!
Not that I'm a big spender myself, but a birthday is a great day to give donations
AGREE...! Thanks for sharing with us on your special day. Mine is one the way- Beer is on me sir.
Happy Birthday!! And keep up the great work on this fantastic rom!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

can someone here tell me please how to soft reset my tp2 and how to hard reset my tp2
go to try color screen and how to get out of boot loader screen thank you
Old 02-22-2010, 02:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

edsladey is a n00b

how do i provision this for Sprint? internet isn't working and didn't get a provision prompt when i installed it. i also don't see a link for it anywhere.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development