PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907
Re: [ROM] Juicy Rhodium_W R2 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC]

I know this is a dumb question and all, but I have searched and searched with no results. What is the process to flash a ROM? I have already unlocked and I wish to install this ROM. Can someone post a thread to a tutorial or instructions on how to do this?
Old 11-11-2009, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ⒽⓉⒸ ⓉⓅ₂
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMeli907 View Post
I know this is a dumb question and all, but I have searched and searched with no results. What is the process to flash a ROM? I have already unlocked and I wish to install this ROM. Can someone post a thread to a tutorial or instructions on how to do this?
If you already have unlocked then you know how to flash Go to the first post of this page, download the ROM, and run the RUU (ROM update utility) from inside the zip. The process after that is exactly like the unlocker.

If I helped you, please remember to press thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

I have about 5GB of music on my SD card and while there is a slight delay, for me it's more like 2 seconds, definitely not 15... I assumed it was just standard access time due to the amount of music in the library... perhaps yours is worse because you have 3 times as much music on yours as I do... in any case, have definitely not noticed the length of delay you are experiencing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
Anybody else having a delay in their music screen appearing when they switch to that tab? The tab will appear instantly but will be blank. The CD thumbnail and all icons take about 15 seconds to pop up. This happens every single time I switch to the tab. Even if I switch to it and wait for everything to appear, then move off it and back on I have to wait another 15 seconds. Happens again if I tap on the menu shortcut key and go to properties for instance, and come out of the menu.

I have all of my music on SD, and there is probably about 10GB+ at least. I can't be the only one with that much (or little?) music?
Old 11-11-2009, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

azclown is keeping up the good workazclown is keeping up the good work

For some reason I can't download this ROM unless I become a premium member of rapishare...?? Anyone have an alternate download site?? pls
Old 11-11-2009, 02:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
Found out how to replicate this / the cause. Launching Mesagging will revert the "Silent" profile back to "Normal". At first I could get it to switch from silent to normal just by entering Messaging (Outlook). Now I've noticed it will do it some times but not every time. I can also see it does it when entering HTC Messaging. Again, it's not doing it 100% of the time, but I can get it to do it every time if I switch from the user's messages tab to their detail tab. The instant I switch, my volume icon on the task bar switches from the silent icon to the normal icon.

I guess HTC think you should have sound on when reviewing messages???
i tried to replicate what you said and didn't have this issue. i didn't have it with stock rom or any other rom, and i tried plenty of them. as a matter of fact, i forgot to set my alarm to ring thru even if phone was on silent the other day and luckily i woke up 2 min before it went off. all that happened was screen came on with no sound. on a further not, i keep my tp2 set to vibtate and ring all the time and it never has changed on me. btw, i only installed reg edit, pocket rar and tc. i personally think, because of all i've read about same issue, it is something that was installed after flashing. my 2 cents.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

karana is becoming a great contributor

I don't know what I was thinking last night. Flashed 3 different ROMS and am back to Juicy as of this morning!
Old 11-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

Juicy, I am having trouble concentrating at work today while awaiting R3... not to rush you, as I'm sure you're in beta testing right now with all the great suggestions and bug fixes you've received, but any idea on approximate timetable? That way I can stop hitting refresh on my screen and get back to work...
Old 11-11-2009, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by azclown View Post
For some reason I can't download this ROM unless I become a premium member of rapishare...?? Anyone have an alternate download site?? pls
Keep trying rapidshare, when a free slot opens it'll allow the download. Otherwise search the thread someone posted a mirror a while back.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: at&t/sprint

remydakid is keeping up the good workremydakid is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to remydakid

sweeet. however TF3D in landscape doesnt seem to work for me.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by remydakid View Post
sweeet. however TF3D in landscape doesnt seem to work for me.
This proves you spent ZERO effort searching. 2.5 does not work in landscape. It was built for a phone that had no keyboard. Please take the time to search and read, everyone here will appreciate it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development