PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ⒽⓉⒸ ⓉⓅ₂
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

okay possible HUGE progress to report.

For the first time ever I was able to get HTC Messaging to say "MMS message was sent successfully". And do so repeatedly.

The bad news is they aren't being received. I seem to remember people having that same problem from the WinMo MMS app, unless it was just when you tried to send an SMS from the WinMo app. Can anyone help clarify this?

Thanks!

If I helped you, please remember to press thanks!

Last edited by ChrisCicc; 11-20-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:43 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

my news isnt as big but i got mms to send/recieve without htc, im happy
Old 11-21-2009, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

spectheintro is keeping up the good workspectheintro is keeping up the good work

Chris:

I know S2U2 is popular, but my understanding was that it also eats a lot of battery power and/or memory while it runs in the background. Has that been fixed? I know a new version (2.14) is out but I wasn't under the impression that it was a major improvement.

Also, there seem to be a lot of small glitches in 2.5 that make this ROM require a soft reset fairly frequently. I flashed from stock and hard reset twice (once while stock, once again after flashing) so I don't think the problem was a bad flash. The chief problems are things like activesync opening randomly (when I boot, for example, for some reason I boot to activesync), soft keys getting renamed but not remapped, and locking/unlocking problems while using 6.5's locking capabilities. Are other people experiencing this? I love 2.5 but I really don't like having to reset my phone so frequently, so I'm trying to figure out if it's just me or if this is just a reality with the ROM. If so, it's probably not the right ROM for me, despite all of its great features.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

crshin2me is a n00b

for the life of me I can not get sprint navigation to work.... it worked perfect when I first loaded the rom and added the cab 2 days later it says i need to purchase but i allready subscribe to sprint navigation but for shits and giggles i tried to subscribe from the phone and it wont let me . I also subscribe to tele nav. I have sprint and Im running r3 any suggestions or help.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:41 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
Try this cab...can replace Sprint with whatever you want.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ⒽⓉⒸ ⓉⓅ₂

ChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectheintro View Post
Chris:

I know S2U2 is popular, but my understanding was that it also eats a lot of battery power and/or memory while it runs in the background. Has that been fixed? I know a new version (2.14) is out but I wasn't under the impression that it was a major improvement.

Also, there seem to be a lot of small glitches in 2.5 that make this ROM require a soft reset fairly frequently. I flashed from stock and hard reset twice (once while stock, once again after flashing) so I don't think the problem was a bad flash. The chief problems are things like activesync opening randomly (when I boot, for example, for some reason I boot to activesync), soft keys getting renamed but not remapped, and locking/unlocking problems while using 6.5's locking capabilities. Are other people experiencing this? I love 2.5 but I really don't like having to reset my phone so frequently, so I'm trying to figure out if it's just me or if this is just a reality with the ROM. If so, it's probably not the right ROM for me, despite all of its great features.
I use S2U2 2.04, works great. no battery drain (and i've used the versions that drained like crazy). That was the build he had published for about six months straight, he's got some work to do on these latest builds tho IMHO. The only problem is an occaisonal landscape glitch in 2.04, but that does not hamper functionality in a way.

For your others:
activesync opening randomly
This happens when there are errors on the sync. I've seen it, then I've seen it go away when the errors clear out. Make sure you aren't trying to sync to things that your server can't handle (like text messages and google). Also make sure you aren't in an area that drops signal frequently.

soft keys getting renamed but not remapped
have not seen this, might be a conflict with third-party mods/apps you are using

and locking/unlocking problems while using 6.5's locking capabilities
it sucks, namely because of the delay in the lock screen showing when the phone is turned on, and the manila pages working on occasion when the phone should be locked. A_C had both these problems in early versions of S2U2, he figured them out, shame MS couldn't LOL
Old 11-21-2009, 12:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I personally have never had an issue with S2U2, but by all means try the latest, only you can be the judge. As far as having to reset, maybe in R1 and possibly in R2 had a slight memory leak, but never have to reset in R3. So not sure on that one. But I don't understand why people feel the need to always question if it is good enuf to install etc. When only you can determine that. Each person uses their device differently. So try it, if you don't like it, change. Simple as that. You come into a thread about a particular ROM, most likely everyone that is here is all about this ROM so we are going to say ya it is great, but it may not work for you. So try if you want, if not no loss, move on and find something you like.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:52 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inimical View Post
It wasn't you who asked to change the "Sprint" from the top curtain, so if you don't want to use the cab don't use it...But the cab (which installs an app) does replace the "Sprint" with whatever text you want..it's really as simple as that.

I appreciate the "complete" info...and the original poster of my request! Soooo...Thanks to ALL you guys for being and trying to be so helpful
Old 11-21-2009, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

spectheintro is keeping up the good workspectheintro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCicc View Post
I use S2U2 2.04, works great. no battery drain (and i've used the versions that drained like crazy). That was the build he had published for about six months straight, he's got some work to do on these latest builds tho IMHO. The only problem is an occaisonal landscape glitch in 2.04, but that does not hamper functionality in a way.
Hmm... ok, maybe I'll give S2U2 another shot. I remember someone posting a set of "ideal" settings for S2U2 a while back, that conserved power and whatnot.

Quote:
For your others:
activesync opening randomly
This happens when there are errors on the sync. I've seen it, then I've seen it go away when the errors clear out. Make sure you aren't trying to sync to things that your server can't handle (like text messages and google). Also make sure you aren't in an area that drops signal frequently.
I haven't seen any errors reported. I'm just doing a standard server sync. But I'll check to make sure I'm not dropping signal.

Quote:
soft keys getting renamed but not remapped
have not seen this, might be a conflict with third-party mods/apps you are using
I haven't installed any 3rd party apps--I run my ROMs very clean. A soft reset fixed this issue, but it was driving me bonkers for a while. I wonder if it'll start happening again.

Quote:
and locking/unlocking problems while using 6.5's locking capabilities
it sucks, namely because of the delay in the lock screen showing when the phone is turned on, and the manila pages working on occasion when the phone should be locked. A_C had both these problems in early versions of S2U2, he figured them out, shame MS couldn't LOL
Yeah, seriously. I'd much rather use OS functionality than an additional application, but it looks like MS may have dropped the ball.

cflynt: I dunno if you're referring to me, but I've already flashed this ROM and am having these issues. I'm trying to figure out if they're unique to me, or if it's a result of Manila 2.5, which is still beta (more or less) and as such could be causing bugs. The former would mean I may need to hard reset/reflash; the latter means I need to accept that no M2.5 ROM is going to satisfy my needs for stability. I love M2.5's contact management, but I put stability above everything else: generally a persistent glitch or a bug will be enough to make me abandon a particular ROM. (You may argue that this means I shouldn't flash at all, but many custom ROMs--MM, MM+Silence, and indagroove--offer ROMs that are frankly more stable than stock.)
Old 11-21-2009, 01:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Pistol_Piet is a n00b

Under Comm Manager I can't toggle the '3G - Change to Auto mode' to On. Can anybody help me with this? When I touch it it simply blinks and does nothing/remains Off. Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development