PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM★6/4/11-Updated★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense2021

Well Shark, I bit the bullet and bought an epic 4g. I guess I'm now turning towards the darkside with android. I will be keeping your 5.1 on my tp2, and use it as a back up phone. Thanks again for all your hard work, and putting out the ultimate rom with 5.1. Too bad you have an evo instead of an epic. I would love to try your android roms out.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brack21 View Post
Well Shark, I bit the bullet and bought an epic 4g. I guess I'm now turning towards the darkside with android. I will be keeping your 5.1 on my tp2, and use it as a back up phone. Thanks again for all your hard work, and putting out the ultimate rom with 5.1. Too bad you have an evo instead of an epic. I would love to try your android roms out.
Congrats on the new phone! I'm sure you're loving it! Android is great and is by no means the dark side. Apple is the dark side, no offense slthomas

For any Stargate fans here's my analogous take on the mobile OS platforms:

WM is like the human species. Android is like ascended beings. It's the next good evolution of mobile devices.

Apple is like the Ori. Also a next step in mobile evolution, but they seek to control, dominate and enslave.

Yes, it seems a bit harsh, but I have quite a distain for Apple for reasons unknown to most.

In any event, I plan to learn Android from the inside out before I put out a Android ROM. This morning actually, I've just started delving into things. I probably won't put out an EVO ROM. I want to learn Android developement first. I'm going to try and make an app or two first to make sure I have a very firm understanding of things before I go tinkering in a ROM. I want my first Android ROM to be as good as v5.1 of this ROM is. Since Android it seems, will be around for a long time, there's no rush.

I tried a couple of the top EVO ROMs here at PPCGeeks and I wasn't impressed. It seemed to be a lot of skinning and what not, but not really any reason that I needed to flash a custom ROM. I don't want my ROM to be a dumped ROM with few skins. I want to know it intimately inside and out. That will only come with lots and lots of reading and learning.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff

Cool analogoue Shark. I haven't actually got my epic yet, just bought it on ebay. It should be here next week, but I'm gone on travel, so I probably won't have it up and running until friday next week. No biggie, since I'll be using the tp2 with your rom.
If u make some apps, and need a tester for them, I'll help you out. I'm sure the apps are cross platform and not phone specific. I think the biggest thing I'll miss is garmin. I have garmin on my tp2 that I use for gps. Do you know of a good gps program for android.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:54 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

No, I don't but I haven't looked. One of things I like and HATE about Android is that there are SOOOOOOO many apps. It makes choosing one next to impossible. For the moment I've stuck with Googe Navigation and Sprint Telenav, which I think are both great.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Based on my own personal experience, this ROM (v5.1) has the best battery usage I've EVER had on this phone. It continues to amaze me day after day...
That sounds great!
I also had trimmed down the file I PMed you long ago and was starting on the 6.5.x one when my phone got stolen..

I spent a week with my old TP1 and even thou I had a great rom (Tankrom),
I was miserable with the tiny screen!

So anyway I have a new one direct from Asurion,
and it is even better than my original and overclocks highest...
So new looking , even the body had plastics to peel off around keyboard,
and inside it had watermark stickers on body and on new red battery..
Definitely better than usual garbage Sprint refurbs.

So hopefully when I can hardspl it soon (paid but awaiting problem resolve ticket),
So I can try your rom, and finish my files.

So you also have an Evo?, Will you be getting the Evo3d?
How do you feel about no keyboard?
Since bigger screen mayby ok?
Old 06-11-2011, 08:30 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I have an EVO and I'll probably skip out on the EVO 3D. I've only had my EVO for a couple of months and I've spent the majority of that time back on my TP2. Today was the first day I really dug into getting to know Android. By the time the next new Android hotness for Sprint comes out after the EVO 3D, I'll be ready

There are times I miss the hardware keyboard, but on the whole the screen is big enough that it's easy to type. All SIPs I've tried so far have the microphone to record what you say into text, which I LOVE! So that also makes it easy.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on OC'ing slthomas and also whether or not it speeds up the phone enough for you personally that you would start using CHT.
I gave up on CHT2.0 only because of the slow speed and mem hogging
But I love CHT, and didnt really need all the features of CHT1.8.5 either.
So now I use an CHT 1.7.0 that does not hinder speed and uses least memory.

To save even more memory and have above 90Meg ram with CHT,
I replace startmenu with one step cab install of MMAppLauncher,
which is already set to take over, and is not the plain cab version.
EDIT: I haven't tried it on 6.5.x version OS

Yet I still feel overclocking to 768Mhz is optimal IF your unit can handle it.
None of my previous units were stable for long at that speed.
I had to drop down to 748Mhz
WinMoSpeed is up to versin 1.07 I think
And it seems true that this overcock app does not affect battery life.
Prob because of method used is not needing scripts or polling

Last edited by Maxx134; 06-11-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

slthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Congrats on the new phone! I'm sure you're loving it! Android is great and is by no means the dark side. Apple is the dark side, no offense slthomas
Yeah - I know. Darth Vader was saved in the end. Maybe next year I will make the move away from Apple. Missing some of the HTC Sense features already ....
Old 06-11-2011, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Yet I still feel overclocking to 768Mhz is optimal IF your unit can handle it.
None of my previous units were stable for long at that speed.
I had to drop down to 748Mhz
WinMoSpeed is up to versin 1.07 I think
And it seems true that this overcock app does not affect battery life.
Prob because of method used is not needing scripts or polling
I think numerous people have reported OC'ing at 768 with no stability problems on this ROM.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - SharkieROM 6.5.X v5.1

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor

Hi Sharkie (or other ROM users) - your ROM OS looks interesting and I am willing to try it out. This will be my first attempt at flashing and using any type of ROM so I just had a few quick questions to keep in mind. Thank you, and please get back to this when convenient.

1. I am running a stock sprint 6.5 Touch Pro2 - I went to settings > about > OS Version : WM 6.5 Professional, CE OS 5.2.21889(21889.5.87). This is version 6.5 and NOT 6.5.x right?

1a. Apart from personal information, do I need to collect any more information (i.e. radio/serial #) etc?

From what I initially understand, I will be running Task29 1st and then proceed to using your 5.1 build Sprint 6.5 correct? I will be putting those on my SD card or whatever the instructions specifically state.

2. I do use Sprint Navigation service. I understand that the cabs are there to install after installing your 5.1 rom right?

3. I couldn't find a bug list/or functions that are not working anymore compared to the Stock ROM - can you provide a link to that? Does GSM work if I go internationally and put a intl' SIM card?

4. Will I still be able to update PRLs within my designated areas? Will profile updates work and are they necessary?

4a. I am using the Sprint airvana at home - this should still work hopefully.

5. I'm a medical student and I have some paid applications (skyscape/epocrates) that were made for WM6.5 - for the most part, I hope they work

6. In case of #5 not happening, can I revert back somehow to my original stock WM6.5?

7. I won't be needing any of the new icons/aesthetics for the phone - so besides that, do I need to add anything else to your 5.1 ROM and Task29 link?

Thank you again for letting me know. My main concern was not being able to follow updates so frequently - will be switching to an adroid based phone this summer because of the lack of medical software support to WM. Eventually I just plan to use my TP2 as a pda/wifi device.

Last edited by vancomycin; 06-12-2011 at 02:20 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development