PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 04:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM★6/4/11-Updated★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
Well, I'm almost afraid to post this, but it seems to be better after downgrading PRL. Only less than a day, so not sure yet... hope I didn't jinx myself I had to flash a stock ROM for the downgrade to work because of LPM error.

For the radio changing, it is totally location dependent. What works for me, may not for you. The nice thing is it only takes a minute or two to flash a radio. For me, on the 2.32 Sprint radio I get good reception but it fluctuates a lot... with the VRZ 2.35 or 2.37 it seems to be a little more consistent and higher. One thing that I think Maxx said was he was seeing a little more battery consumption with the 2.37 radio, so take that into consideration?

Agree with VRZ 2.37. Stayed with it because I got better signal quality at home. (live in a 100 yr old brick bldg.) Sure it varies from user to user.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:12 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

thanks kozmo and steveo

ill try the radio 2.37 before the downgrade of prl and see if things are better. how does that actually work...if i change radio what effects if any on the prl?

sharkie,
on the change log tv out was pending...i can also confirm this is working. also think i might try out oc'ing agian
Old 06-10-2011, 12:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
thanks kozmo and steveo

ill try the radio 2.37 before the downgrade of prl and see if things are better. how does that actually work...if i change radio what effects if any on the prl?
Won't have any change on PRL.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:43 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

^ so radio affects signal/towers, right? doesnt prl do the same? maybe i have some research to do...
Old 06-10-2011, 12:58 AM
VIP Member

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Far from being an expert on this subject, but from my understanding the radio is what communicates with the cell towers. The PRL or preferred roaming list helps tell the phone what tower is best to use belonging to other networks when there is no coverage not just the strongest one.

Arrived from my T7575 using Board Express
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:04 AM
VIP Member

Forgot to put in from my understanding the prl tells the phone where to "search" for the signal on home and roam. The radio is kind of like a complex CB or walkie talkie to be really generic. Anyone feel free to add or correct me if I am wrong on this.

Arrived from my T7575 using Board Express

Last edited by steveo70; 06-10-2011 at 01:11 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

@ KJ,

Did you ever try setting uTask's home key to LockDevice.lnk? I know it's not exactly what you wanted, but it was just a thought I had and I wasn't sure if you'd already thought of or tried that yet.

I've still not had any luck in getting rid of that endkey error message...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:52 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

I just wanted to add this post about Screen Off , so if anyone searches for info. on the matter, they see it.

Screen Off ONLY turns the screen off. It does NOT put the phone in standby mode like would normally happen if you turn the dispay off via the power button. This means if you use Screen Off to turn off the display, the phone is still active. This means all the buttons are still active. So, if you hit the start menu hardware button, the start menu will open up, but the screen will remain off. The same goes for Volume, Back and Send/Phone hardware keys.

The Power button (if your version of the TP2 has one) and the EndKey button will turn the display back on if you've used 'Screen Off' to turn the screen off.

So don't use 'Screen Off' to "turn off" your screen and then put it in your case or pocket!

Last edited by Sharkie405; 06-10-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:23 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
So if anyone else that's using the "Free" style icons thinks that the Audio Booster is wack, here's a new one. I just realized that it looks horrible tonight. I'm not sure why I thought it looked good when I made it.

Sorry bout that, anyway here you go. I like this one much better
I also think the WM Facebook icon looks like doodoo. Here's another one I found that I like better.
Attached Images
File Type: png Start_Icon_Facebook.png (17.2 KB, 74 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:59 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

So Thursday I took my phone off of the charger at about 5:30am. Friday morning at about 11am when I woke up I still had a 30% battery charge left.

I didn't charge my phone at all Thursday and it was a usual day of phone usage for me. I was on the internet probably 8 or 9 times for about 5 min. each time, made and recieved 3 or 4 calls, sent and received about 20 texts via 2 or 3 conversations, email, weather and all that jazz updating on the hour for the most part, played music for about 30 min. and all the general playing around and checking that I do with my phone on a daily basis.

Based on my own personal experience, this ROM (v5.1) has the best battery usage I've EVER had on this phone. It continues to amaze me day after day.

Sometimes I think there's is something wrong with the task barbattery % icon not changing or something, lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development