PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Boost CDMA

AnnapolisBeauty is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3-26-11★SharkieROM v5.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2021

i task29ed before i installed the ROM. that's why I'm so perplexed by the graphic glitch. i mean, prior to this, i always used task29 before flashing any ROM but never more than once. is that something I should do more than once priot to installing a new ROM?
Old 04-06-2011, 01:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

No, not necessarily. My main point was that you should just try reflashing. Every so often a flash just doesn't go exactly right, for any number of reasons and things don't run how they should for no apparent reasons. That sounds like what you got. I always recommend Task29 before flashing any ROM. Since something is amiss with your flash, Task29-ing again before the reflash will help clear things up.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Lurker

i will do just that right now then. i'll let you know how it works out! again, LOVE the ROM.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Lurker

Wink Re: 3-26-11★SharkieROM v5.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2021

well, that seemed to do the trick! i will not be jumping the Shark. at least not in public...
Old 04-06-2011, 05:23 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnapolisBeauty View Post
well, that seemed to do the trick! i will not be jumping the Shark. at least not in public...
Hehe

I'm glad you got it fixed! Thanks for letting us know.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:01 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

^ this prob above, i at least think, isnt really a bad flash or whatever but more of performing a certain action after the flash causing said problem. by action i mean either a cab or tsk change? i cant say for sure what it is but i also had this but i know i caused it by mistery action that i cant remember. it may of been changing the tsk theme or a certain cab. but i do remember that i had to flash agian as just un installing that 'mistery' cab didnt fix it. oh yea, when this happened to me it was 1 or 2 versions back

@ Ana...Beauty was this an issue directly after the flash? or did you already start installing cabs and changing things? remember what you installed or changed prior to notice the start menu?

@ sharkie, i have a couple ss of those setting tab icons and some un skinned green ill upload tonight. nothing major to report. all user caused that is. well this 1 im unsure of...resco seems to randomly freeze for a bit then it catch up?
Old 04-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Hey sharkie I have a request,

Could you skin your notification icons so its the icon only and get rid of the background behind the icons make them transparent? Much like your notification bar without the bar. When there "ICONS ONLY"

Thanks
sharkie can this be done?

Old 04-07-2011, 10:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
well this 1 im unsure of...resco seems to randomly freeze for a bit then it catch up?
Now that you mention it, I had the same problem with file explorer, freezing while scrolling on SD card. I thought I maybe just needed to reformat SD card, but I didn't have this problem with other ROM's? Other than this, it has been a solid ROM... been on my phone for a week or so, forever for a flash junky.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:10 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
sharkie can this be done?
You mean like this?

I hadn't noticed any freezing with File Explorer on my end. Maxx134 had mentioned this a while back. I'll look around and see if I can find any info. on speeding up file explorer and such.

KJ, where's the screenies? Are they of the ones that you linked in that PM? I had forgotten to go back and check those out. I'll do that right now. Edit: So I think those are the same ones that nrg uses... can't do it. I am however, going to make my own in a similar style that I'm sure you'll like. I may nab a few of those images. Thanks for the link, those do look better than the current ones.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 04-08-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
You mean like this?
Im not sure what that cab was suppose to do but it didn't do anything as far as I can see.

I had the notification icons taken off my homescreen. Installed your cab and reset then insert them and they didn't do anything.

If you look at the screen shot what im looking for is for that blackish/blueish background to be gone. Much like the notification bar when its set to "icons only"

Please look at the screen shot.

If you look at the notification bar. The icons are the only thing showing the background is gone.

Thats what im looking for. Reason being is i want the Notificaiton icons as a free link but i want them a little smaller and with the black/blue background gone so only the icon shows
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (53.5 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development