PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 10:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM★6/4/11-Updated★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puberto View Post
Sharkie! Thank you so much for your wonderful ROM! Just switched over from Energy and I'm never looking back! Thanks for keeping this TP2 alive!
It's my pleasure!

Thanks for stopping in and letting me know. I'm glad you're enjoying it!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:53 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
I think it's pretty good on battery too. Except I'm having problem with getting no bars, then going into airplane mode every once in a while. I've changed radios thinking that may be problem, but same thing happens. I checked fieldtrial and the active set and neighbor set are both blank. When this happens, it sucks the battery quick. Next thing I'm going to try is going back to last PRL. Seems like this started happening after I updated to 60679, but may be a coincidence? Problem is when trying to switch PRL's, I get a "turn on LPM" error. I think last time I had to flash to stock ROM to downgrade PRL? If this doesn't work, I guess it's a tower issue or hardware problem?
my prl shows 01117 and i thought that was the latest. but i think you right...on prl problems cause i also been having tower/signal issues ever since the update. my signal goes in/out of ev/1x and sometimes airplane mode. and that will cause faster battery drain but on this rom im still noticing great battery life even w/ this battery draining prob. i have read of down grading but never really wanted to attempt it...but if you have better results i may. i also may think about a radio change...but what changes should i expect w/ radio change? is it just getting better signal? any details?
Old 06-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Shark, I flashed to your 5.1 and love it. Battery life is great, wifi tether is working awesome. Thanks again for a great rom, and supporting the TP2. I was really thinking of switching to the epic 4g, but with your great work, I think I'll stick with the TP2, since tethering is my main thing, and it works great with your rom.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:57 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Awesome! Glad to hear it! Thanks for the feedback.

The epic seems like a great phone. I just can't leave HTC. I love 'em too much! You know how it is though. In a few months there will be a new set of "new hotness" phones out there.

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I agree with you. This newest version is fabulous. So much so that I've been on it for the last 3 weeks or so despite having an EVO that I love. I love this phone and I love my ROM! I'm glad you guys agree.

I was thinking about switching over to my EVO and just using the TP2 via wifi to test data and such out, and it made me a little sad at the thought of not using it all the time
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff

If I could find someone willing to sell me their sprint sero plan, I would use my tp2 for data only. I can't get any internet service at the house except for satellite, which sucks. I'm using my tp2 for data now, and it's not as quick as I like, but faster then dialup, and satellite. I do believe this is the best version that you put out of your rom. Totally awesome. Not sure how you can top it.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
my prl shows 01117 and i thought that was the latest. but i think you right...on prl problems cause i also been having tower/signal issues ever since the update. my signal goes in/out of ev/1x and sometimes airplane mode. and that will cause faster battery drain but on this rom im still noticing great battery life even w/ this battery draining prob. i have read of down grading but never really wanted to attempt it...but if you have better results i may. i also may think about a radio change...but what changes should i expect w/ radio change? is it just getting better signal? any details?
Well, I'm almost afraid to post this, but it seems to be better after downgrading PRL. Only less than a day, so not sure yet... hope I didn't jinx myself I had to flash a stock ROM for the downgrade to work because of LPM error.

For the radio changing, it is totally location dependent. What works for me, may not for you. The nice thing is it only takes a minute or two to flash a radio. For me, on the 2.32 Sprint radio I get good reception but it fluctuates a lot... with the VRZ 2.35 or 2.37 it seems to be a little more consistent and higher. One thing that I think Maxx said was he was seeing a little more battery consumption with the 2.37 radio, so take that into consideration?
Old 06-09-2011, 12:38 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

So if anyone else that's using the "Free" style icons thinks that the Audio Booster is wack, here's a new one. I just realized that it looks horrible tonight. I'm not sure why I thought it looked good when I made it.

Sorry bout that, anyway here you go. I like this one much better
Attached Images
File Type: png Start_Icon_AudioBooster.png (15.5 KB, 77 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-09-2011, 05:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Puberto is a n00b

I'm loving this UCWeb browser that you included. Do you know if there's a way to make Youtube links forward into the standalone app?
Old 06-09-2011, 05:36 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puberto View Post
I'm loving this UCWeb browser that you included. Do you know if there's a way to make Youtube links forward into the standalone app?
Youtube links should already be linking to the youtube app. Is it not? Try uninstalling and reinstalling it.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

slthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hello Sharkie. Reporting back on overclocking. I can say performance is indeed better. I always noticed slowdowns on certain tasks before OC'ing. One example is hanging up a call. After pressing the hang up key, I could count to 8 before I got the home screen. Now it is around 2 seconds after overclocking. I still don't believe I would install CHT though. I experience some freezing - only with text messaging though. I am OC'd at 768 as Kozmo recommended.

On another note - I am afraid I am signing off on the whole TP2 flashing. I just received my new iPhone from my place of employment. Thanks a million Sharky for everything you have done. It made my TP2 MUCH more usable. Take care.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development