View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 10:43 PM
kozmo
VIP Member

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM★6/4/11-Updated★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
my prl shows 01117 and i thought that was the latest. but i think you right...on prl problems cause i also been having tower/signal issues ever since the update. my signal goes in/out of ev/1x and sometimes airplane mode. and that will cause faster battery drain but on this rom im still noticing great battery life even w/ this battery draining prob. i have read of down grading but never really wanted to attempt it...but if you have better results i may. i also may think about a radio change...but what changes should i expect w/ radio change? is it just getting better signal? any details?
Well, I'm almost afraid to post this, but it seems to be better after downgrading PRL. Only less than a day, so not sure yet... hope I didn't jinx myself I had to flash a stock ROM for the downgrade to work because of LPM error.

For the radio changing, it is totally location dependent. What works for me, may not for you. The nice thing is it only takes a minute or two to flash a radio. For me, on the 2.32 Sprint radio I get good reception but it fluctuates a lot... with the VRZ 2.35 or 2.37 it seems to be a little more consistent and higher. One thing that I think Maxx said was he was seeing a little more battery consumption with the 2.37 radio, so take that into consideration?