View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 02:04 PM
vancomycin
PPCGeeks Regular

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM★6/4/11-Updated★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense2021

Hi Sharkie (or other ROM users) - your ROM OS looks interesting and I am willing to try it out. This will be my first attempt at flashing and using any type of ROM so I just had a few quick questions to keep in mind. Thank you, and please get back to this when convenient.

1. I am running a stock sprint 6.5 Touch Pro2 - I went to settings > about > OS Version : WM 6.5 Professional, CE OS 5.2.21889(21889.5.87). This is version 6.5 and NOT 6.5.x right?

1a. Apart from personal information, do I need to collect any more information (i.e. radio/serial #) etc?

From what I initially understand, I will be running Task29 1st and then proceed to using your 5.1 build Sprint 6.5 correct? I will be putting those on my SD card or whatever the instructions specifically state.

2. I do use Sprint Navigation service. I understand that the cabs are there to install after installing your 5.1 rom right?

3. I couldn't find a bug list/or functions that are not working anymore compared to the Stock ROM - can you provide a link to that? Does GSM work if I go internationally and put a intl' SIM card?

4. Will I still be able to update PRLs within my designated areas? Will profile updates work and are they necessary?

4a. I am using the Sprint airvana at home - this should still work hopefully.

5. I'm a medical student and I have some paid applications (skyscape/epocrates) that were made for WM6.5 - for the most part, I hope they work

6. In case of #5 not happening, can I revert back somehow to my original stock WM6.5?

7. I won't be needing any of the new icons/aesthetics for the phone - so besides that, do I need to add anything else to your 5.1 ROM and Task29 link?

Thank you again for letting me know. My main concern was not being able to follow updates so frequently - will be switching to an adroid based phone this summer because of the lack of medical software support to WM. Eventually I just plan to use my TP2 as a pda/wifi device.

Last edited by vancomycin; 06-12-2011 at 02:20 PM.