View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Sharkie405
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM★6/4/11-Updated★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by brack21 View Post
Well Shark, I bit the bullet and bought an epic 4g. I guess I'm now turning towards the darkside with android. I will be keeping your 5.1 on my tp2, and use it as a back up phone. Thanks again for all your hard work, and putting out the ultimate rom with 5.1. Too bad you have an evo instead of an epic. I would love to try your android roms out.
Congrats on the new phone! I'm sure you're loving it! Android is great and is by no means the dark side. Apple is the dark side, no offense slthomas

For any Stargate fans here's my analogous take on the mobile OS platforms:

WM is like the human species. Android is like ascended beings. It's the next good evolution of mobile devices.

Apple is like the Ori. Also a next step in mobile evolution, but they seek to control, dominate and enslave.

Yes, it seems a bit harsh, but I have quite a distain for Apple for reasons unknown to most.

In any event, I plan to learn Android from the inside out before I put out a Android ROM. This morning actually, I've just started delving into things. I probably won't put out an EVO ROM. I want to learn Android developement first. I'm going to try and make an app or two first to make sure I have a very firm understanding of things before I go tinkering in a ROM. I want my first Android ROM to be as good as v5.1 of this ROM is. Since Android it seems, will be around for a long time, there's no rush.

I tried a couple of the top EVO ROMs here at PPCGeeks and I wasn't impressed. It seemed to be a lot of skinning and what not, but not really any reason that I needed to flash a custom ROM. I don't want my ROM to be a dumped ROM with few skins. I want to know it intimately inside and out. That will only come with lots and lots of reading and learning.
This post has been thanked 2 times.