PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼ WinMo 23563 ☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Manila Experien

just so everyone knows, if you back up max sense via the registry as the xda thread shows you may BE LEFT WITH A ROM THAT WILL NOT BOOT when you restore
Old 06-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17
Re: {BiGnAdAd ROM} ☼ BigMaxSense ROM ☼ The Quickest Most Cutomizable Manila Experienc

BUMP. -- Big? Anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamon17 View Post
Big, 1st let me say this ROM is incredible. I'm not seeing most of the "issues" that are being reported, save a couple. Thank you. A donation is on the way.

I do have a question about "Windows Default" missing from the Today Items choices. I like to run TFDetacher with Titanium loaded @ boot to give me more free ram, allowing my TTS voices to run in iGo8. . . . I see the option in the registry under HKLM->Software->Microsoft->Today->Items->"Windows Default"->and changed the "enable" D-word from 0 to 1 . . . But, it does nothing after reset, never showing up on the tab. There are also no other values listed there for the option.

Can "Windows Default"/Titanium be added back in the ROM? Maybe with a cab?
---- Former Verizon XV6700
Old 06-01-2010, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

jsgross is just getting started
Re: Backing up settings

Go to HKCU or HKLM .
Them go to one of the register key's mentioned in the code boxes.
Now click and hold the key you want to backup till there come's a pop up screen.
Then export the registry key.

To save your Quick Links that you use : ( Home\"*"] this is the number of the Quick link) there are 75 of them.

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Home\*]
"HomeServiceType"=dword:00000000
"IsReadOnly"=dword:00000000
"Index"=dword:00000000
"ContactFavorType"=dword:00000000
"ContactOid"=""
"ExePath"=""
"IconPath"=""
"DispName"=""
"IsSet"=dword:00000000
"IsNeedRefresh"=dword:00000000
To save the maxsense settings :

Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"Max_CalendarPath"=""
"Max_CalendarArg"=""
"Max_BatteryArg"=""
"Max_BatteryPath"=""
"Max_MessagingPath"=""
"Max_MessagingArg"=""
"Max_EmailPath"=""
"Max_EmailArg"=""
"Max_BacklightPath"=""
"Max_BacklightArg"=""
"Max_TasksPath"=""
"Max_TasksArg"=""
"Max_TaskMgrPath"=""
"Max_TaskMgrArg"=""
"Max_WallMode"=dword:00000000
"Max_QuickLinksMode"=dword:00000002
"Max_HideIconFrames"=dword:00000000
"Max_HideEmptyShortcuts"=dword:00000000
"Max_DefaultShortcutPage"=dword:00000002
"Max_SelectorGrid"=dword:00000001
"Max_LSKPath"=""
"Max_LSKArg"=""
"Max_BT"=dword:00000000
"Max_CDMA"=dword:00000000
To save your Widgets :

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Max\Widget_DC] (Digital clock)
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Max\Widget_AC] (Analog Clock)
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Max\Widget_WT] (Weather)
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Max\Widget_MP] (Music Player)
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Max\Widget_FC] (Favorite Contacts) 
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Max\Widget_IS] (Internet Search) 
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Max\Widget_CA] (Call Appointments)
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Max\Widget_CH]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Max\Widget_SMS] (SMS)
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Max\Widget_ML]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Max\Widget_DP]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Max\Widget_BLA] (Black Panel)
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Max\Widget_SC] (Slide Clock)
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Max\Widget_QLA] (Quick links on home screen)
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Max\Widget_QLB] (Quick links on home screen)
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Max\Widget_QLC] (Quick links on home screen)
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Max\Widget_WF] (WiFi)
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Max\Widget_BT] (Blue-tooth)  
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Max\Widget_RD] (Phone Radio)
@=""
Sorry for not understanding fully, but to back up all the quicklinks and the settings, can I just export the highest level folder with the registry keys? For example to back up the quick links, can I export [CODE][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Home\ and it will take all of them and for settings use ][HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila] and all the settings will be exported?

After I figure this out, I'll ask how to import on your new upcoming ROMS.

Thanks,
JSG
Old 06-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tP2

boobaroo is a n00b
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼ WinMo 23563 ☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Manila Experien

I have been trying to get a new rom for my Touch Pro 2 from Sprint. I have downloaded a few different to my computer, but just cant seem to find out how to install. I have done a task29, so am not an idiot in how to do some things on this phone. But when I open up the roms I have downloaded I cant seem to find a RUU to work to install.

Any Help for this beginner?
Old 06-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
for the people who have been using Maxsense since its release do u think its a stable enuf rom fopr everyday,important business use yet. It sounds as if the rom is and the users are just having a little difficulty adapting to the new UI. It looks absolutely amazing,but i need a very stable/reliable rom that can be put under heavy use and still keep goin strong.The rom im using now fits the bill,but who can resist trying the new,ever-anticipated Maxsense rom/ui.I think ill flash it later tonight and giv it a spin for a cpl days,or mayb it wil become my new daily use rom.never know till u try. Do all the regular/usual apps work correctly on Maxsesnse like they do with Sense 2.5?or do only certain Sense 2.5 apps function correctly.Also hows the speed;slider speed(lag),page/app/program loading speed,and just overall performance and usability.Looks amazing cant wait to give it a try.Thanks.
HEAVY business use!!! Push mail (3 accounts), 50-60 sms, calls all day, always pulling data, and a big audiophile, so I'm always running groovemobile or s2p-----go for the stock rom not the color. Not one problem all day. Smooth, fast, and every cab I've installed work without problem (parlingo, Aloqua, secureword mobile, s2u2/s2p, sprint nav and tv....exchange, gmail, hotmail--work flawless)

BIG--must have been operator error, no probs with opera on shortcut or internet tab----don't know what i was doing wrong, but all's well now
Old 06-01-2010, 07:52 PM

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobaroo View Post
I have been trying to get a new rom for my Touch Pro 2 from Sprint. I have downloaded a few different to my computer, but just cant seem to find out how to install. I have done a task29, so am not an idiot in how to do some things on this phone. But when I open up the roms I have downloaded I cant seem to find a RUU to work to install.

Any Help for this beginner?
once you task 29, the only thing you'll be able to get to is the green "HTC" screen and nothing else will work.
on your comp, use 7zip to unzip the rar file into a folder. once unziped, open that folder and look for "signed_RUU.nbh" r-click and rename JUST THE "signed_RUU-----------NOT THE .nbh" "RHODIMG" or you may end up with "RHODIMG.nbh.nbh"
load your micro SD into your computer and format to "fat 32" save any data first to your computer to a file--formating will erase all data on the card.
once formated, r-click copy your renamed "RHODIMG.nbh" and paste to the root of your SD card. you can your previous data back to your card into a folder.
take the battery out of your phone, insert SD card, put in battery, push POWER + VOL DOWN at the same time. you'll go into bootloader. and load the .nbh from the root of the SD card. Wait for it to say 100% upload complete, hit the reset button, let the rom customize, SR, then clear storage one last time, SR---customize to your hearts content
Old 06-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayweezie21 View Post
hey big quick question...are we able to add custom clocks? Or is that in the making?
yea, custom clock will be available... they consist of manila files like cht

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 View Post
Ok Big, i need your help. I've been critical of you in the past because of this same problem. I have never been able to use manila on your rom, and apparently maxsense is no different. every time i try exit an app or the start menu it does not show the home screen, this has happened everytime. i have hard reset several times and it still happens when i do not run xda_uc and dont install a single cab. also, i hardreset after i flash and use task29

ok, seriously, i'm not trolling
what the problem here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqxcasanova View Post
anyone else getting a black screen on the sms tab when pressing your favorite contact icon?
thats becos it calls for manila htc messing client, which is not installed.. anyone know a fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls_ View Post
2) Pressing the sleep button does not lock the phone, even though I have that set the "Auto Lock" option on within Max Sense.
the auto lock is used just when device is turned upside down. not by sleep button

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewkariana View Post
+1

Also, sometimes when I slide the keyboard back in too quickly from the Text Messages page, the home page does not reload and instead I get a half black/half home page screen. The only way to fix it is by resetting or reloading sense.
i usually reopen and close again.. maybe a fix in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebravo View Post
Does anyone else have this Problem? When I go into my inbox for Email the only options i get down below are Windows button trash button keyboard and exit. Why can I no longer select options inside the Inobx. The Mark All as Read button used to be key. Also How can I change the settings to receive mail from the last 5 days. Because I cannot get into the options dialogue box from this screen is there another way to configure mail settings?
i see this button on my device

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmoove386 View Post
Also I wasn't sure if you got a chance to see what i post about the contacts when you select a specific contact the slider tab on the bottom doesn't come up(contact, messages, email, facebook, call history). the slider tab is only viewable when you are viewing all the contacts.
that is becuase htc messaging client it not installed.. will see about a fix..

Old 06-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Just reviewed ALL post from time of release. if i haven't already replied or didnt mention here, you might want to post again.

Changes that have already by made, but not cooked into ROM yet... this week!
1. Adjusted the home button sensitivity
2. Added 3 more program shortcuts ( 6 now )
3. Added an option in Max Settings for high quality wallpaper ( make sure you have the correct resolution as no re-sizing will be done. )
4. Fixed appointments count and some other minor issues

Planned Fixes/Looking Into

Get Correct Operator logo on Specific Carriers
buggy on landscape mode
Opera fix
music widget if selected to open up the music tab
Alert Notifications Pop out from side
More widgets
Allow the same widget used more than once.
Display Alert widget needs to be a way to access the alert. IE: tap the box to go to the email
set a quicklink to a file
when the new message come in, display window will show the previously read message as opposed to the newly un-read one
different size quicklinks
may be one of the panels could be dedicated to Sense UI tab of user's choice (maybe even make it widget friendly)
include Windows Marketplace
Add Improve camera speed reg
remove the text that says Weather on weather widget
Comments to Review

Drurc8
Does anyone have problem with Voice Command, I couldn't enable it.
Daytona283
I am having a problem trying to Enable VoiceCommand
Blackangst
Mainly, in widget edit mode I have to double click the icon for edits 6 or 7 times, and general unresponsive touch screen behavior. Like, on main page, when I swipe left to get to quick links, sometimes I have to swipe 4 or 5 times before it goes. Same to get back
Ryanmv213
Tighten up the control when moving widgets around. SPB has a great interface where when you move a widget around it locks into a pre-set format when you are customizing your layout so widgets and icons are straight and easy to allign. Also if possible the boxing and sizing of many of the widgets that are customizable options could be similar so spacing and the layout are much easier.
Bigger sizing options; I love the favorite person widget you can change by scrolling up but this would be absolutely sick if this were a full screen option.
More Cookie! I noticed Cookie contributed to this project with his scripts. You can't go wrong with more options. Cookie created different sizes of application icons and different row formats like 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, ect. This would be merging the best two mods that have come out this last year.
Inspiringdesigns
hey big great rom i was just wanted to know if their is a outlook task widget like in the Advanced Home Tab 2.2.3. (to do list) has
Dadyymikey1975
when editing widgets, its sometimes difficult to 'click' on the widget to get to its edit screen.
when positioning widgets on the screen, they don't seem to be very easy to position.. they sometimes seem to drop down a bit from where they're released. This doesn't seem to be different whether using the stylus or a finger.
in landscape mode, when i want to text, the 'buttons' that are normally at the bottom in portrait mode are overlappijg the text input screen in landscape mode.
after selecting a photo from my album to upload to facebook, the media uploader icon stays on the windows taskbar. when i click on it the "RSK" is greyed out so it cant be cancelled.
Cls_
Sometimes when I return to Max Sense the Windows start menu on the bottom of the screen overlaps the Max Sense.
Monkeygod
I don't know if there is a cab or setting I need to set for SMS mode where icons won't overlap when the phone switch over to landscape mode. My facebook, email, and message icons keep overlapping the text message box when I rotate the phone horizontally.
Amcq10
- Quick Link Widgets - Seems that when I want to swipe to a different Home Tab, and accidentally "start" on one of the quick-link widgets... it goes ahead and opens the App, even though I did not "let go" on that icon. Seems it would be preferable to not launch the app until you have a full "press/unpress" in the same space as the Icon.
- Edit Widgets Mode - Also seems to have a bug where, if I select something to move it.. and there's some other widget under it.. then I get the settings for the other widget after the move...
- Suggestion : Edit Widgets Mode - Would it be easy to put a "bounding" box around each widget when in Edit mode? I believe this would make it much clearer where things over-lap, and where you would need to "select" to get the widget that you either want to move or make changes to.
The Sapient
I'm quite interested in this ROM, but am concerned about how easy or hard it is to get to contacts and favorite contacts. Is there no way to have a one-click dialing from a home screen?
Ffkip911
For Google map lock issues. (google Location)

Google map/menu/settings/GPS settings "set manually," com port 4, baud rate = 57600
Aamon17
"Windows Default" missing from the Today Items choices.
Jsgross
Found a bug: In the native Windows Calendar program(not the sense calendar), when you go to edit an appointment, you can edit everything except for the actual date. this worked fine in my other roms
In the sense calendar app, when I go to try to do this and find the option"propose a new time" it allows you to select a new date but doesn't hold the date when you hit OK.

bsmoove386
I would like the dialer where you can see the facebook pictures of your contacts when they call you. Also whenever I try to reclaim ram with MemMaid MaxSense never restarts or it just won't come up, the phone becomes buggy and I have to reset.

Last edited by bignadad; 06-01-2010 at 09:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by moebravo
Does anyone else have this Problem? When I go into my inbox for Email the only options i get down below are Windows button trash button keyboard and exit. Why can I no longer select options inside the Inobx. The Mark All as Read button used to be key. Also How can I change the settings to receive mail from the last 5 days. Because I cannot get into the options dialogue box from this screen is there another way to configure mail settings?
i see this button on my device

mail/inbox/menu(looks like a box with lines--to the r of software keyboard)/tools/options/select your account----edit
Old 06-01-2010, 08:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

inspiringdesigns is just getting started

Hey big this is going to be something great. I didn't see the Google location on the list it doesn't work.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development