PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼ WinMo 23563 ☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Manila Experien

Big, just flashed stock, loaded all the same cabs as Sprint color, all the same tweaks---Stock is much smoother, and quicker (placebo?????) Those who may be saying "this is alright" give stock a run---you will not be disapointed
Calendar works w/o probs on Stock sprint, AS/Exchange runs fine. Bing locked in about a minute, google maps locked on 5 sats in 20 seconds after I manually set GPS to:
Manual
Com port 4
Baud 57600

I am having an issue with the portrate software keyboard not dropping off the screen when I tap below the "keyboard" box (usually on the magnification bar), I end up having to slide the keyboard to get th software keyboard to drop off. I did load Gyrator 2 so I'm not having this issure in landscape.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

bigdizawg is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼ WinMo 23563 ☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Manila Experien

So, I just have to say Maxsense is sick! I know a TON of hard work went into this and its ab****ely amazing in my opinion. I know there are some bugs, the ones that i've noticed so far I'll put below, but man for completely reconstructing manila from the ground up, this is just amazing. The speed is insane! Its not that its just faster, it seems to be able to handle multiple programs at once. I ALWAYS had sluggish problems with other roms when I would try to play music as well as browse my phone for text messages or emails. Considering what Max has already done with this I can only imagine how unreal this is going to end up being. One thing I think people are failing to realize is that its almost a completely different animal than the sense we're all accustomed to. Things work a little different and it takes a little getting acquainted with.

The only bugs i've noticed are as follows.
I'm pretty sure this was mentioned but I couldn't find an answer, maybe I'm a noob and missed it, but anyways whenever I slide out my keyboard from the home screen the landscape mode switches the phone to a view of rows and rows of quicklinks, thats it. I'm not sure if this was the way max wanted it, but I just figured I'd see if there was a reason for that.

The second bug is the overlapping of words in the mail and messages screen. At the top of the screen it will say "messages" for example, and the literally right on top of that I would see the name of the person that the text was from. I'm assuming this is a bug, and again maybe I'm a noob and missed an answer or a fix to this, but just figured I'd throw it out there. All in all I'm VERY impressed and I can't wait to see what the future holds for maxsense.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:00 PM

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼ WinMo 23563 ☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Manila Experien

+ 1 on bigdizawd's landscape
but not seeing the messaging problem. Which version of Verizon are you running??? and when do you see it? I'm sure Num5kull could figure it out for you---he's on the big V

Big, there's an obvious speed increase from color to stock. You may want to keep that build and just tweak it (landscape, popout notifications)
Old 06-01-2010, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon via NRG

spambusterdave is keeping up the good workspambusterdave is keeping up the good workspambusterdave is keeping up the good work

I'm seeing the landscape issue too.

One thought I had, for those of us on a phone that doesn't support the hardware for FM radio, we lose a Quick Link widget because that one is useless to us so I'm glad the decision was made to up the number to 6.

Other than that I'm impressed with MaxSense (once I got used to navigating around it ) .
Old 06-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
Big, just flashed stock, loaded all the same cabs as Sprint color, all the same tweaks---Stock is much smoother, and quicker (placebo?????) Those who may be saying "this is alright" give stock a run---you will not be disapointed
Here is how the Future BigMaxSense ROM's will Work...

Will provide a WinMo 6.5 & 6.5x Version

Will ONLY provide a Stock MaxSense
you can add your color with cabs

Will Provide 2 ROM themes. Black/White & Color

Will Provide Verizon/Sprint/USCC/Telus

So this should give us 8 ROMs total

WinMo 6.5 MaxSense Color
WinMo 6.5x MaxSense Black/White
Both for All 4 Carriers

Again the Color & Black/White refer to the ROM theme... MaxSense will be Stock and you can add your color to it by the cab's provided in post 3...

Questions? Ask.....

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:00 PM

for those upset with HTC camera speeds, here's a reg tweak...just load the cab.

for full details, look at the theme/software page, and look for "increase camera speed"----

Actually, Big, did you cook this in?????
Old 06-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
for those upset with HTC camera speeds, here's a reg tweak...just load the cab.

for full details, look at the theme/software page, and look for "increase camera speed"----

Actually, Big, did you cook this in?????
i remember looking at that thread and noticing a difference when i applied the reg entries... i remember wanting to apply it but not sure if i did.. i'll make sure now....Thanks!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: VERIZON

joeramirez is becoming a great contributor

On the Weather widget that shows the temperature can we remove the text that says Weather? I like the city on there but not WEATHER.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcq10 View Post
Me -> MightyROM Addict ... Reviewed BigMaxSense for a couple days...

Just want to share with you guys my results from running BigMaxSense for a couple of days.

The MaxSense modifications are amazing. It's hard to believe it's the same phone, with SenseUI, due to his different "Home Pages" interface. The potential for this interface is huge, and I look forward to following their progress over the remaining life of me owning a Touch Pro 2.

However,.. they have a long ways to go for this to be "flawless". Right now, it feels to be about as buggy as Sense2.5 was on Day-1 of it being ported into our Touch Pro 2's. The menu's are jerky, the "edit home page" functionality is a bit touchy.. just not quite perfectly polished.

Wow... a long way from flawless?

Just posted this to get some opinions of people using my BigMaxSense ROM..

I have been using MaxSense for months now and don't feel it is buggy by any means whatsoever. everything functions with a few occasional probs that require a soft reset, but what ROM or UI doesn't.. i usually go days without soft resetting and everything still functions as it should...

Anyone else feel like this "buggy as Sense2.5 was on Day-1"?
Old 06-01-2010, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Not close to as buggy as 2.5 was on day 1, I remember switching back and waiting about a month.

MaxSense is lightyears beyond that. My only problem is the home button not responding, and possibly me not understanding when i am supposed to tap it and when i'm supposed to slide it.

I watched the youtube video again and it appears that in video 6 that button is stationary. Am i losing my mind? Think i'd also rather have the "star" button go to the tabs link. I love the interface though, i'd much rather tap than slide to tabs.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development