PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Moto Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

kymikes is keeping up the good workkymikes is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼NEW WIDGETS-23563 ROMs UP!☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Man

Big, got the 5/6 version installed and am still lovin' it. Love the new widgets. Did notice 2 things that I wanted to make you aware of.
1. The Voice Command problem is still there. When I click 'Enable', then OK, I get an error message that says it cannot save all changes. If I run the MSVC cab referenced earlier, it fixes the problem.
2. Still seeing some strange reaction when invoking ArkSwitch from the taskbar icon (top right). Have not been able to identify what is causing this. When I start fresh after the flash, it works just like I would expect. After using the ROM for a while, it gets weird. It does one of three things.
a. Error message "Typeload Exception at ArkSwitch.Programs.Menu()
b. Get a screen that has the first line just like your example in post #1 (ArkSwitch + 4 icons + time) but a totally white screen below this
c. Like b. except the white screen is transparent showing the front screen. In this mode, no icon on the screen is 'live' and I have to soft reset.
Thought this might be 'low memory' of something like that but haven't found a repeatable cause. After a soft reset, it works fine again for a while. I would label this a 'quirk' since I usually don't need to use ArkSwitch as a mainstream program. BTW, I can run ArkSwitch from the tools menu w/o any of these problems so I am wondering if it might be related to the way it is invoked from the Taskbar. FYI.

Another question: Is there any way to control the order of Favorites in contacts (to control the order in the Favorites Widget)? I remove them and add them to get the order that I want but they get 'reset' after each flash (after syncing from Outlook) into an odd order (not alpha by first or last name). Just curious.

Still a great ROM that I am staying with. Hoping the 6 QuickLinks might get the ability to link to a contact. Great work - many thanks to you and Max.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pRo deux/BB bold
Carrier: Sprintspeed!

noobynoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnoobynoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnoobynoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnoobynoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼NEW WIDGETS-23563 ROMs UP!☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Man

Wondering if anyone has noticed the data connection widget not switching *on* when data is connected. Not sure if it is just me, will flashdance to see if this clears the prob, just wondering. Friggin great job Big!!! Patiently awaiting the next update.

Btw are you gonna be switching to another version of Opera?? 9.7 build or 10 final?? Having issues with pages loading even after multiple SR. TIA

Old 06-06-2010, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

SLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to SLCMotor

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobynoob View Post
Wondering if anyone has noticed the data connection widget not switching *on* when data is connected. Not sure if it is just me, will flashdance to see if this clears the prob, just wondering. Friggin great job Big!!! Patiently awaiting the next update.

Btw are you gonna be switching to another version of Opera?? 9.7 build or 10 final?? Having issues with pages loading even after multiple SR. TIA
Yah, I noticed that oo.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymikes View Post
Big, got the 5/6 version installed and am still lovin' it. Love the new widgets. Did notice 2 things that I wanted to make you aware of.
1. The Voice Command problem is still there. When I click 'Enable', then OK, I get an error message that says it cannot save all changes. If I run the MSVC cab referenced earlier, it fixes the problem.
Meant to add to this release, but didnt.. will on next release

2. Still seeing some strange reaction when invoking ArkSwitch from the taskbar icon (top right). Have not been able to identify what is causing this. When I start fresh after the flash, it works just like I would expect. After using the ROM for a while, it gets weird. It does one of three things.
a. Error message "Typeload Exception at ArkSwitch.Programs.Menu()
b. Get a screen that has the first line just like your example in post #1 (ArkSwitch + 4 icons + time) but a totally white screen below this
c. Like b. except the white screen is transparent showing the front screen. In this mode, no icon on the screen is 'live' and I have to soft reset.
Thought this might be 'low memory' of something like that but haven't found a repeatable cause. After a soft reset, it works fine again for a while. I would label this a 'quirk' since I usually don't need to use ArkSwitch as a mainstream program. BTW, I can run ArkSwitch from the tools menu w/o any of these problems so I am wondering if it might be related to the way it is invoked from the Taskbar. FYI.

looking into

Another question: Is there any way to control the order of Favorites in contacts (to control the order in the Favorites Widget)? I remove them and add them to get the order that I want but they get 'reset' after each flash (after syncing from Outlook) into an odd order (not alpha by first or last name). Just curious.

not right now, but will add to list.. probably not hard to add

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobynoob View Post

working with Max on data connection widget now...

opera 10 beta is loaded now, but opera 10 final will be on next ROM release

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pRo deux/BB bold
Carrier: Sprintspeed!

noobynoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnoobynoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnoobynoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnoobynoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCMotor View Post
Yah, I noticed that oo.
+1 Kinda glad....saves me from re-flashing

+1*working with Max on data connection widget now...
opera 10 beta is loaded now, but opera 10 final will be on next ROM release *

Thanks for the quick reply Big

Last edited by noobynoob; 06-06-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: Sprint

2niceguy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCMotor View Post
I have my Ringtones on my SD Card also and it works.

Mine are on stored on the SD Card in a folder My Documents\My Ringtones

I juse use the Slide to Right Home Key, Settings\Sound & Display and select my Main Ringtone, or if I am choosing specific ones for my contacts, I just choose the ringtone when editing my contacts.
thank you, i'm going to do it and let you know.

I did but could not do it. Did not see the Main Ringtone like you said. I used to had Mr.X rom and be able to do it but not this Rom. Kind a weird though. What kind format be able to use it?

Last edited by 2niceguy; 06-06-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

SLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to SLCMotor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2niceguy View Post
thank you, i'm going to do it and let you know.

I did but could not do it. Did not see the Main Ringtone like you said. I used to had Mr.X rom and be able to do it but not this Rom. Kind a weird though. What kind format be able to use it?
I'm using regular mp3 files
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:49 PM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Heres my 2cents. I actually prefer the task manager launching and not arcsoft. Arcsoft is buggy as hell. I have had it crash many many times, never had a task manager crash.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

camscell is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (USC TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50255; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

So far so good rom is working awesome! Got arksoft dialed in never used it before was keeping apps open when I closed them.... question though on the facebook app..If I comment on someones status and type with the hardware keyboard it will not post the comment...If I use the software keyboard it is fine weird???
EVO
Old 06-06-2010, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

Agentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuff

Nice work Big! Just wondering when you are going to upload the next sprint rom with the current fixes that you have done. Getting ready to flash and I have collected all the cabs to fix some of the issues but dont want to get it all flashed over just to see a new version of the ROM up. Thank you for everything you do!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development