PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

jsgross is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BiGnAdAd ROM} ☼ BigMaxSense ROM ☼ The Quickest Most Cutomizable Manila Experienc

Hi
I am having problems with Google Maps accessing GPS data? Anyone else?
JSG
Old 05-31-2010, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

amcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: {BiGnAdAd ROM} ☼ BigMaxSense ROM ☼ The Quickest Most Cutomizable Manila Experienc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmoove386 View Post
I totally agree with you and ryanmv213 that sounds F**KIN AWESOME!!!
Another vote for having one of the Home Tabs transform to be a "Favorite Manila Page"... I'd put Weather on it myself.. or maybe contacts.. ..

Personally, with the current number of widgets, I really see no reason for 3 full home screens. I could fit everything within 2.. so, having the 3rd page be for a favorite manila would be great.

OK, and now my list of items, for documentation purposes:

- Wallpaper resize seems to lessen the Quality of the image to something that's not very pretty.. I used a few of my very large (1680x1050) images and when I chose them for background, they were very blurry..

- Favorite People Widget... am I missing something? Yes, I can flick through them.. but, tapping on it doesn't do anything??? Is this just for viewing? or should I have ability to invoke the default action for that person? or pull up the full People TAB?

- Quick Link Widgets - Seems that when I want to swipe to a different Home Tab, and accidentally "start" on one of the quick-link widgets... it goes ahead and opens the App, even though I did not "let go" on that icon. Seems it would be preferable to not launch the app until you have a full "press/unpress" in the same space as the Icon.

- Edit Widgets Mode - Also seems to have a bug where, if I select something to move it.. and there's some other widget under it.. then I get the settings for the other widget after the move...

- Suggestion : Edit Widgets Mode - Would it be easy to put a "bounding" box around each widget when in Edit mode? I believe this would make it much clearer where things over-lap, and where you would need to "select" to get the widget that you either want to move or make changes to.

All-in-all.. I'm ENTIRELY impressed with the work put into this. I've heard everyone say over the past 6-7 months that "Modifying HTC Sense is extremely hard and will probably never evolve more than a few tweaks".. This is proof that, with the right programmer, and a hell of a lot of focus and effort, that SENSE can be modified to an extreme to perform actions we never dreamed of.

Congrats to those who've worked hard on this.. the effort shows and I do believe this has now become my "2nd" favorite ROM .. (MR Full Force still on top for me).
Old 05-31-2010, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

amcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgross View Post
Hi
I am having problems with Google Maps accessing GPS data? Anyone else?
JSG
No problems here... Make sure you enable GPS in the settings.. .. I'm in north-east Dallas/FtWorth and was able to lock onto 7 last night right after loading the ROM.. (I did not do any quickGPS or other Location Settings)

in fact, I think Location SEttings was automatically enabled .. I don't remember having to answer that "approval" question that normally happens first time that you're requesting Weather for My Location..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul-touch pro-touch pro 2- HTC Evo!!!!!

mkc90 is keeping up the good workmkc90 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

how can i remove the widgets i dnt want ?
Old 05-31-2010, 12:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wil91732 is a n00b

n/m figured it out!

Last edited by wil91732; 05-31-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Is there any chance this will be released as a package for ROM cooking? I know and understand that this won't be release as a .cab, but can we at least get it as a package to cook into our own ROMs? I for one would really like to see MaxSense on a WinMo 6.1 ROM.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

spaceboy is keeping up the good workspaceboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

how can i remove the widgets i dnt want ?
Just go in and edit the widget. Uncheck show widget.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Lurker

andrewkariana is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil91732 View Post
Anyone have an issue with Landscape going to quick links automatically?
+1

Also, sometimes when I slide the keyboard back in too quickly from the Text Messages page, the home page does not reload and instead I get a half black/half home page screen. The only way to fix it is by resetting or reloading sense.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:19 PM
N00b

string3599 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcq10 View Post

- Favorite People Widget... am I missing something? Yes, I can flick through them.. but, tapping on it doesn't do anything??? Is this just for viewing? or should I have ability to invoke the default action for that person? or pull up the full People TAB?
I was having trouble with this too. I found that a tap and hold opens up the contact.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:22 PM
raybudd

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I recommend watching the PocketNow video as it shows you that and more.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development