View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 11:48 AM
amcq10
PPCGeeks Regular

amcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BiGnAdAd ROM} ☼ BigMaxSense ROM ☼ The Quickest Most Cutomizable Manila Experienc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmoove386 View Post
I totally agree with you and ryanmv213 that sounds F**KIN AWESOME!!!
Another vote for having one of the Home Tabs transform to be a "Favorite Manila Page"... I'd put Weather on it myself.. or maybe contacts.. ..

Personally, with the current number of widgets, I really see no reason for 3 full home screens. I could fit everything within 2.. so, having the 3rd page be for a favorite manila would be great.

OK, and now my list of items, for documentation purposes:

- Wallpaper resize seems to lessen the Quality of the image to something that's not very pretty.. I used a few of my very large (1680x1050) images and when I chose them for background, they were very blurry..

- Favorite People Widget... am I missing something? Yes, I can flick through them.. but, tapping on it doesn't do anything??? Is this just for viewing? or should I have ability to invoke the default action for that person? or pull up the full People TAB?

- Quick Link Widgets - Seems that when I want to swipe to a different Home Tab, and accidentally "start" on one of the quick-link widgets... it goes ahead and opens the App, even though I did not "let go" on that icon. Seems it would be preferable to not launch the app until you have a full "press/unpress" in the same space as the Icon.

- Edit Widgets Mode - Also seems to have a bug where, if I select something to move it.. and there's some other widget under it.. then I get the settings for the other widget after the move...

- Suggestion : Edit Widgets Mode - Would it be easy to put a "bounding" box around each widget when in Edit mode? I believe this would make it much clearer where things over-lap, and where you would need to "select" to get the widget that you either want to move or make changes to.

All-in-all.. I'm ENTIRELY impressed with the work put into this. I've heard everyone say over the past 6-7 months that "Modifying HTC Sense is extremely hard and will probably never evolve more than a few tweaks".. This is proof that, with the right programmer, and a hell of a lot of focus and effort, that SENSE can be modified to an extreme to perform actions we never dreamed of.

Congrats to those who've worked hard on this.. the effort shows and I do believe this has now become my "2nd" favorite ROM .. (MR Full Force still on top for me).