PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 04:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Figured I would throw my two cents in. This Stock Update is much better than I anticiapted. Hats off to Sprint on this on. Much better than the VZW Update. Oh.... how they boasted of there update to 6.5. Now look at them. Waiting for Sense 2.5.. ahahahaha....

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 03-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Brett In SoCal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Unhappy Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyorangeman View Post
One last question for tonight..how do I get rid of the getting started plug in in titanium and does anyone have a fix for the non sequential text messages?
Can I second this? I too am stuck using Titanium (fast, but bland) while I wait for one of the technomages here to enlighten us how to get Sense 2.5 to "play nice" with the Outlook 2007 address book. (presently causing 2.5 to freeze when accessed)

A pleading THANKS in advance on both issues!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

bczrx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObviousMan View Post
Well. It has NFL, Nextel Cup, Sprint Navigation - bloatware in my book. Opera is 9.7, I think version of Bing is older too. i.e. Obsoware.
Nothing really unexpected. I would have been surprised if Sprint did not stick all of the above in there, spare for NFL, since it is gone within a month to VZW.
OM
I would like to remove NFL and NextelCup also. Opera 10 came out 4 days before this was released as a non-beta version. easy download.

Bing's newest version sucks, IMHO.
No local gas prices, and many of the other features I liked on the Sept. release of Bing are gone. The 'Live Search' on here [Bing, in reality] is actually a newer version than the cab of Bing I had from mid-Sept.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:16 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
sure, here are two.

1. Reset cab (will give you a reset button only in the start menu)
2. xdashutdown cab nice screen with cancel, sleep, restart, and shutdown. sshot attached.
Look for psSHutXp - it's an app in most kitchens, so pretty common.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:18 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObviousMan View Post
Well. It has NFL, Nextel Cup, Sprint Navigation - bloatware in my book. Opera is 9.7, I think version of Bing is older too. i.e. Obsoware.
Nothing really unexpected. I would have been surprised if Sprint did not stick all of the above in there, spare for NFL, since it is gone within a month to VZW.
OM
Remember that Opera 9.7 supports the HW zoom bar, but 10 does not.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmac1982 View Post
I just downloaded the new SPRINT wm 6.5 ROM and I love it except for one thing.........My battery doesnt last a whole day!! Does anyone have a fix or a cab file that I can download to overcome this issue??

Thanks
FATMAC
That hasn't been my experience. With moderate use I am still at about 70% at the end of the day. Battery life for me has been as good or better than the best Custom ROMS I've used, and way better than the Stock Sprint 6.1.

The act of flashing and reinstalling programs uses LOTS of battery. So, the day you flash your battery will go dead pretty fast. If you've given it a full charge and it still runs down to fast you should look at what's you've got running.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:48 PM
N00b

bczrx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantheman1073 View Post
I have read nearly all 70+ pages...and no one (I can find) has answered the one question someone else asked...and what I want an answer to:

In the screen shots...there are the three big 'buttons' on the home screen (youtube, sprint music, and something else I believe) Are those locked in...or can they be changed to other quick launch programs?

And secondly...can they be simply 'turned off' so i can see more of 'my calendar' on the home screen like I can in 6.1?

I value the home screen greatly...and if i have to stare at a Sprint Music (and the two others) for now on...that's a deal breaker.

Thanks!

Just to clarify, you actually have 9 Big Buttons on the home page. You can only see three until you 'flip' them up. then the other 6 appear.

Once you 'flip' them up, you can press 'menu' on the bottom right, select "Remove Quick Links" and then tap the ones you wish to remove. Click "done" on the bottom left when you are finished. Now that you have some empty tabs, you can click them and add a Program. After selecting Add Program, you can then slide up/down the program list until you find the right one and select it. Press "done" when you are finished, or all the blocks are full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadoe05 View Post
No they are not locked in. Tap menu remove quick links and choose the ones you want to remove. Unfortunately (for you) you can't "turn them off". There are however several mods available for the quicklinks on the home tab. Maybe you would like one of them.
Jadoe05 is referring to the 16-tab cab or the Cookies Home Page cabs that were bounced around a LOT in this thread.

I added the 16 tab and it meets my needs: for now!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:53 PM
N00b

bczrx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by af_txboi View Post
i dont like that when u open the keyboard to landscape mode, the background image doesnt fix itself to landscape mode, it just adds the same image along side itself to take up the rest of the screen, kinda pathetic i think that they couldnt even fix this before sending out this update

It does on my phone. I wish I could remember which tab I went into to change this feature, but I know my phone behaved as you are describing until I played a LOT and found some function that allowed it to go Landscape for wallpaper, or Wallpaper for All tabs. Something like that.

The wallpaper changes for me, but I am only using stock wallpaper.

Edit: I went into Settings/All Settings//Today/
There, on the Appearance tab, I selected an image for my background by browsing, and clicked "Use this picture as the background". then that image was behind all of my non-Sense UI webpages, and in both landscape/standard.

At least, I think this did it. It may have been some other option I pursued. HOWEVER, I have yet to edit the registry, so this function is available somewhere in the stock ROM settings.

Last edited by bczrx; 03-22-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:05 PM
N00b

bczrx is a n00b

[QUOTE=Brett In SoCal;1646632]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpi408 View Post
Anybody having problem with their TP2 constantly freezing after installing this rom ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpi408 View Post

My TP2 is locking up anytime I make any change to my phone, but it is especially troublesome when syncing with outlook 2007 using Windows Mobile Device Center on a win7/64 computer. The initial sync went fine but my TP2 will lockup after I making any change to my contacts and attempt to re-sync. My TP2 also locks up when just adding contacts to the peoples tab. The only things I have installed are HTC_Taskmanager.cab, HTC Wi-Fi Sharing with the ICS and WModem Fix.cab and CMH ToggleBT.cab. I have re-downloaded and reinstalled this rom 4 times now, hard and soft resetting after each installation.

update: Still freezing/locking-up during sync and when editing contacts on the phone when running HTC sense2.5. When I turnoff HTC sense and run titanium (windows default) I am able to sync and edit contacts on the phone just fine without locking-up. Under sense 2.5 as soon as I plug-in my usb cable to charge or sync, wham my phone locks-up.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am with YOU Brother!

When I first loaded this update I was blown away… great look, great functionality…
That was… until I synced with my Exchange server (Outlook 2007) and tried to add contacts to my “People” tab. Killed me dead. Pretty much any interaction with my Contacts file (i.e. “search all contacts”) seems to lead to a freeze.

Again, as with lpi 408, I too found that turning the Sense 2.5 off basically fixes it… but that defeats the purpose as 6.5 by itself is near useless! Can’t speak for lpi, but I have about 3,100 contacts but not too many emails or Calendar events. This volume of data does not seem to cause any such problems with the Sense UI disabled.

Anyone have a thought? I’m otherwise gunna have to go back to 6.1 and that would be a drag. Thanks to all!

I have a work-around that works FOR ME, but may not meet your needs.

I am synching my email ONLY with the Exchange Server at work [2003 I think]. I am synching contacts/calendar with my personal Outlook profiles on my computers by USB.

When I am logged into my OWA email on my computer, I can set the options to search first from my personal contacts, or the Global Access List. Since my personal contacts were on my personal computer anyway, I set it to the Global Access List, and the following worked for me.

tap the 'make call/phone' softkey to access dialing pad, then click/select:

Menu
Company Directory
type part/all of name you are after
click search
Select person
Scroll between "Call Work" or "Send E-Mail"
[if send email is selected, it prompts you to choose your email account and then loads it in the 'to:' section

If you INSIST on starting this in the email section, then:

Open Email section and CLICK the following

Select Outlook Exchange inbox
Menu
New
menu
add recipient
<Company Directory>
Type in all/part of the name you wish to find
Click Search
Scroll to the right person and click them
Their address is now in your 'to' address.

So, now I have a smaller contact list on my phone of people I wish to talk to and can reach the people I need to when I want to. And I do not have 3000 addresses clogging the system resources. I only have around 220 personal contacts instead.

HOWEVER, I do not call more than 10 colleagues at work on a regular [more than once a month] basis, and those 10 are in my personal computer contact lists.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:10 PM
N00b

bczrx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearBurn View Post
I had problems with the stock rom it dint play well with my theme and custom taskbar

Ummm.

Not to be a smart*@$ [it is natural, unfortunately], but

Maybe, just maybe, it is your theme and custom taskbar that don't play well with the stock rom? Just a thought.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development