PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 02:53 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
has anyone tried to use the 2.23.00WU radio with the sprint 6.5 upgrade? since i flashed the radio, the phone has been SLOW even upon multiple hard resets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Oh yeah.I missed your post lol
I did 3 hard reset,3 times ran unlocker and 3 times flashed my own ROM lol
Everything works now
Old 03-23-2010, 03:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

parousia15 is keeping up the good workparousia15 is keeping up the good work

I'm spent. After screwing with this thing nonstop for the last three days, I've decided to let the experts mess with this stock ROM for a few weeks/months then see what they come up with.

I do like the ROM, but it becomes increasingly unstable with each additional program that is loaded onto it (the Tweaks/clean-up didn't help any either). 6.1 has been out for so long that a lot of good information is available. Hopefully, that will be the case for this ROM as well.

What I miss the most about 6.1 is my RAM. I had the tweaks so that I started off with 120mb and cleanRAM would consistently recover 20mg. I never got above 50% usage. Now, I only start off with 87mb and clean RAM is averaging 2mb recovery regardless of what version/settings I use, so I've abandoned that too.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

fatmac1982 is a n00b

Thanks rileyd5 for the RESET apps. That helps a great deal with one half of my issues!!! The other is battery life! With the MIGHTYROM, I was getting wonderful battery life but since I changed my ROM to the new Sprint 6.5, its been real horrible! If you or anyone out there has a fix or a cab file, please let me know.

Thanks
FATMAC
Old 03-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by parousia15 View Post
I'm spent. After screwing with this thing nonstop for the last three days, I've decided to let the experts mess with this stock ROM for a few weeks/months then see what they come up with.

I do like the ROM, but it becomes increasingly unstable with each additional program that is loaded onto it (the Tweaks/clean-up didn't help any either). 6.1 has been out for so long that a lot of good information is available. Hopefully, that will be the case for this ROM as well.

What I miss the most about 6.1 is my RAM. I had the tweaks so that I started off with 120mb and cleanRAM would consistently recover 20mg. I never got above 50% usage. Now, I only start off with 87mb and clean RAM is averaging 2mb recovery regardless of what version/settings I use, so I've abandoned that too.
you still have 15-13 mb available lol
Old 03-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jae8.5 is a n00b

my resets all on it's own occasionally..
anyone have any clue why?
Old 03-23-2010, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JackG058 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
First, I love the rom overall. It is way better than the original stock rom, and for me, the best stock rom I've seen Sprint release on any of the phones I've had, which are quite a few (I'm a phone junkie and change every year thanks to the Premier status option).

I do have one question: I missed an alarm yesterday afternoon, and fortunately I was already awake, just dozing in my recliner. I've noticed when the screen is turned off with the top button, when you wake it back up with the same button the clock suddenly starts to catch up to the actual current time. Currently I have the clock cab fix installed but with it the alarm never sounded. Any one else use the alarm? It reminds me of the HTC Mogul and the complaints early on with it and missing alarms.
Am I the only one who has had this issue? Unless I missed it, I haven't seen any responses or suggestions. This is the only real issue I could use some help with, otherwise, the ROM is working well for me.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

taimax is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to taimax

I am struggling with activesync. It isnt working since I updated the phone to stock 6.5 for sprint. Does anyone have a fix for this issue?
Old 03-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2,mogul 6800 and Moto Q9's
Carrier: cricket

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I fought that too.
Leave it hooked to the computer. Then soft reset the phone. If that does not work. Then reset the computer. It work for me
Old 03-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mcrozanski58 is a n00b

I've been using the stock ROM w/o any issues since the 19th. What I am looking for is a better taskbar with colored icons. I have seen a few screen captures in this board and in the software area, but I haven't seen any attached files.

Also, how do I get to the > settings > today page to change themes and the such on the stock ROM. Has it been setup differently in the 6.5 ROM?

If someone could point me in the right direction .... Thanks in advance!

Last edited by mcrozanski58; 03-23-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmac1982 View Post
Thanks rileyd5 for the RESET apps. That helps a great deal with one half of my issues!!! The other is battery life! With the MIGHTYROM, I was getting wonderful battery life but since I changed my ROM to the new Sprint 6.5, its been real horrible! If you or anyone out there has a fix or a cab file, please let me know.

Thanks
FATMAC
http://www.forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpo...1&postcount=23 some ideas on battery.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development