PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 11:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy
Talking *Updated* 3/30/09 Downgraded to 32GB HTC Touch from 32GB TP.......

Ever since I heard about new model from HTC coming Sprint/Nextel way, I decided to ditch my HTC Touch Pro. I do it so that i can get whats worth now and save that money for the new and upcoming HTC handset. I simply think that my action is made for the best. I called it " Downgrade to Upgrade ".

Since I already sold my HTC Touch Pro , I am left with just my adaptor and 32GB SD Card. So I bought a HTC Touch , and mode it the same way i did on my HTC Touch Pro. Enjoy

Adaptor: Just send them an e-mail that you would like to purchase one, and they will send you an invoice. I believe they are around $25 - $30
http://www.ameri-rack.com/APA-TFC1m.html

Cheapest 32GB anywhere:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0142.JPG (43.0 KB, 904 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_0143.JPG (38.9 KB, 640 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_0144.JPG (40.5 KB, 601 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 464.JPG (58.0 KB, 397 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 465.JPG (55.1 KB, 387 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by 510jungleboy; 03-30-2009 at 11:23 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

superx10 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to superx10
Re: Downgraded to 32GB HTC Touch from 32GB TP.......

Did the Touch Pro take full size SD cards?
or did you mod it to look just as bad? .heh
Old 03-25-2009, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: bell

frentraken is becoming a great contributor

That's actually pretty awesome. Any thoughts or plans to posting perhaps a guide on that? Also how sturdy is that slot, can you pop it in your pocket or into a belt holster without worrying?
Old 03-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by frentraken View Post
That's actually pretty awesome. Any thoughts or plans to posting perhaps a guide on that? Also how sturdy is that slot, can you pop it in your pocket or into a belt holster without worrying?
Thanks. I carry the phone bare in my pants or jacket pocket. The slot if pretty sturdy. I used it bare ever since i had my Touch Pro , and now to the Touch.

If there is a lot of you who are interested in doing this MOD , I can take some pictures of the step by step I have used.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700 xv6800 xv6900 Ozone
Carrier: Verizon

thenikonian is a n00b
Wifi

Nice... I was thinking of doing the same thing not for media but to add WIFI. You should be able to pop in a WIFI SD card and run right? Question... Where did you get the ribbon cable that slides into the micro SD slot?
Old 03-25-2009, 11:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenikonian View Post
Nice... I was thinking of doing the same thing not for media but to add WIFI. You should be able to pop in a WIFI SD card and run right? Question... Where did you get the ribbon cable that slides into the micro SD slot?
Check the 1st post. I updated with some info on how to get your hands on the adaptor.

As for SD Wi-Fi , I believe it should work, I haven't tried it yet since I have not found a Cheap SD Wi-Fi card. If you do happen to test it , let me know how it comes out (Eventhough I don't use Wi-Fi)
Old 03-25-2009, 11:52 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

uuummmmm......i would never do that to a ppc not even for the extra room. good luck if you need to bring in in for repeir to sprint.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

TWO515TY is just getting started

Can I ask what you use all the space for? 8GB MicroSD cards are damn near free ($15-$20) and the cheapest 16gb MicroSD is about $60. What on earth are you storing on your memory card that you need to have access to all the time that takes up 32GB of space? It's a cool mod none the less, but it's aesthetically disturbing, not practical, not cost efficient, and most of all, it seems unnecessary. Why do it?
Old 03-26-2009, 02:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro II.. With a bionic heart!

Eturnulrs704 is just getting started

I applaude the genius in its essence. as well as the effort.. But that is the most ungodly frankensteinish thing ive ever seen done to a pocket pc.. .
Cool if u can wait for an micro sd.. but its not that serious, good work though all the same.. lol..
Old 03-26-2009, 03:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWO515TY View Post
Can I ask what you use all the space for? 8GB MicroSD cards are damn near free ($15-$20) and the cheapest 16gb MicroSD is about $60. What on earth are you storing on your memory card that you need to have access to all the time that takes up 32GB of space? It's a cool mod none the less, but it's aesthetically disturbing, not practical, not cost efficient, and most of all, it seems unnecessary. Why do it?
I put movies, photos, and I record music streaming from Digitally Imported directly on my phone as i listen to it. Movies and Music takes up the most space. A little bit of programs. I also use it as a portable harddrive.

Note: I have about 8 gigs left.....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue